Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

You are forgetting 2 important things that are not Oline Dependent. He has horrible issues catching with his hands and he has 0/zero/none/zilch/No Heart (NO Effort)
Chubbs

The drop thing is a farce that got blown out of proportion his contract year he missed all of spring and training camp with the steelers. Im from PGH everyone loved wallace but as soon as he had a rough year catching due to the fact he just hadn't been playing at game speed at all let alone even went to any practices and kinda put him into a rut that whole year. Let me hit you with some knowledge Wallace never dropped more than 4 balls in his first 3 season up until that year because again his timing and rhythm are off and that year he had 5 drops in 6 games including 4 in one game. So all this "he can't catch the ball" is based off a year where he again didn't practice at all in the spring or training camp and talks about contracts etc. I saw the bad year coming from a mile away.

This all goes back to having that bad oline as well which def can factor into drops 100% because when your not getting into a rhythm and your timings off bad things will happen, no diff for Tannehill.

As far as how much heart he has haha how would you know??? Do you know him personally or are you basing that off a few plays maybe he didn't go after the ball a couple times (well he's not a physical wr by any means)? Additionally, if thats what your alluding to were you on the field when that took place so you could see from his vantage point to see if it was catchable possibly with the CB pulling his shirt etc. Theres a lot of factors which us as fans have know idea about or can't see.

Also, how frustrating must it have been when you got all this speed (game breaker) and your O Coord doesn't move you around to get you the ball any way he can, hence getting him into a Rhythm which you need in any sports and in which case he would of had a way better year. Maybe thats why you saw a "lack of effort" cause its frustration more than anything.

Also, how frustrating must it have been when you got all this speed (game breaker) and your O Coord doesn't move you around to get you the ball any way he can, hence getting him into a Rhythm which you need in any sports and in which case he would of had a way better year. Maybe thats why you saw a "lack of effort" cause its frustration more than anything.

You can place the blame on someone else and try and rationalize it all you want, in the end the guy is not producing for what he's getting paid. Isn't he the most or one of the top WRs salary wise? His production is not up to that and if it doesn't turn around we need to go in a different direction.

Round and round we go...

Wallace sucks because Tannehill can't get him the ball!!!!
Well Tannehill can't get him the ball because the o-line was terrible!!
Well the o-line was terrible because we didn't run enough!!!
Well we didn't run enough because the box was always stacked!!!
Well the box was always stacked because Wallace sucks!!
Well Wallace sucks because Tannehill can't get him the ball!!!!
Well the o-line sucks because we didn't run enough!!!

Wallace is a good player, just seems better to have a taller, slower receiver that fights for the ball.
If the QB could place the ball perfectly(Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers) on those deep throws, he'd put up big time numbers. And that's not a knock on THill, I think he'll get better at that

I also feel it's insulting to say a 5-11 190 pound receiver who developed into a starting caliber player lacks work ethic and has no heart. I don't think you can reach the level Wallace has just because you're fast, there have been a lot of players that have been faster than Wallace that never sniff the success he has had. I think you can say some players have more heart than Wallace, but to say he has none at all I would disagree with. People act like Jimmy "who works at 7-11" is just as good as Wallace just because he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

The protection should be better so Wallace tds and long plays should happen more often.
That is if he can hold onto the ball and if Tannehill can find Wallace.

I also feel it's insulting to say a 5-11 190 pound receiver who developed into a starting caliber player lacks work ethic and has no heart. I don't think you can reach the level Wallace has just because you're fast, there have been a lot of players that have been faster than Wallace that never sniff the success he has had. I think you can say some players have more heart than Wallace, but to say he has none at all I would disagree with. People act like Jimmy "who works at 7-11" is just as good as Wallace just because he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

It's relative. He's not maximizing his talents like other WR's on this roster, but you're right. To make it in the NFL, you have to have heart.

It's relative. He's not maximizing his talents like other WR's on this roster, but you're right. To make it in the NFL, you have to have heart.

I am not too sure of that.. some really just make it on pure talent or athletic ability alone... it takes heart and effort to go from a JAG to a great player.
I dont see that in him... of course thats only what I see as a fan from the sideline,tv and media coverage.
Chubbs

I am not too sure of that.. some really just make it on pure talent or athletic ability alone... it takes heart and effort to go from a JAG to a great player.
I dont see that in him... of course thats only what I see as a fan from the sideline,tv and media coverage.
Chubbs

In the High School ranks, there are obviously kids that are bigger/fster/stronger and it's just a fact.
I remember playing with guys that I would just look at and marvel at.....I was a pretty big kid,
and have always been one, but speed fascinates me.

And you'd see those guys all the time. Then, you'd but heads against a guy and the only hope you
had was that you could hold on long enough to turn the tide.

There are guys that are gifted (not me) and guys that will do the job they are told to do (me) in
football. Most of the gifted guys didn't have what I'd characterize as "Heart" at all.

They are gifted and don't have to try until they get to the NFL. Then, it's too late.

I love the posts in this thread. Good points. Yes, Tanny is still developing, but his lack of success with Wallace Is not his problem. Wallace really peed me off on that screen drop. One the long ball, typical stumbling effort. Stupid. I hate his lethargic play and energy out there. I'll just trust my eye test. Meanwhile I love #10, 82, 81, and 14. The Dolphins have very good wideouts

BT iPhone

Back
Top Bottom