Wallace ready for trip to Revis Island | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace ready for trip to Revis Island

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Mike Wallace logged the fastest average speed in practice Tuesday since the Dolphins started keeping track via GPS. And that’s with an extra six or seven pounds of muscle from 2013.

He will need every bit of both Sunday. It takes everything you’ve got to survive Revis Island.

The Patriots shocked the football world this offseason when they landed Darrelle Revis, the talented and talkative defensive back. And beginning Sunday at Sun Life Stadium, we’ll see if his 2014 production meets his hype.

Revis is famous for following one receiver around all game and taking him out of the game with sheer brilliance. Wallace has had the one-on-on treatment before, and wouldn’t be surprised if he gets it again in Sunday’s opener.

“If he does follow me, it will be an exciting matchup,” Wallace said. “I’ll have fun. Go after it all day long.”

Wallace added: “He’s a good player. He’s a really smart, crafty guy. He’s going to be in the right spots. You have to move him off his spots because he’s a guy that’s not going to be fooled with all the movement, jerking around at the line. You’ve got to get going, get to your spots and be fast out of your break.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/02/4323718/lamar-miller-listed-as-miami-dolphins.html

He won't be matched up on him so what's the use. He will probably be on clay maybe Hartline but I doubt they waste him on Wallace

We have enough weapons to score points and move chains. If we don't it's on Tannehill or OC thank god not Sherman. If it was last year I would be worried.

He's not fast enough to cover Wallace on deep routes (see: Ted Ginn)

Otherwise, we've got a ****load of good WR's to test other routes. Let "Mr. Island" tire himself out constantly chasing Wallace deep.

F*** Revis.

If you play scared you play to lose.
The guy could go to the HOF one day.. I'd say spread them out and go to option 2,3,4,5.. Most the time, try to hit Wallace deep a few times though. If Ginn can beat him Wallace can

I wouldnt be surprised to see revis on hartline and having a safety and corner on wallace all game and playing zones in the middle

I wouldnt be surprised to see revis on hartline and having a safety and corner on wallace all game and playing zones in the middle

Very possible. We'll see how serious the NFL is with calling the contact stuff, because these guys can't keep their hands off people...especially Revis.

Very possible. We'll see how serious the NFL is with calling the contact stuff, because these guys can't keep their hands off people...especially Revis.

:chuckle: In before the flood of "Goodell ignores calls vs. the Pats" replies.

He's not fast enough to cover Wallace on deep routes (see: Ted Ginn)

Otherwise, we've got a ****load of good WR's to test other routes. Let "Mr. Island" tire himself out constantly chasing Wallace deep.

Its going to be hot as hell, make Revis run gassers all damn day.

Attack the middle of the field. I look for them to pay special attention to Clay though. Regardless of how they play Revis…I am looking for the slot receivers to have a big day. Gibson, Landry, and Matthews…whoever is in the game I think can make plays. Im looking for Gibson to make some big time third down plays

Put Wallace in motion and allow him to get up on the safety. Make that coverage declare fast.

Back
Top Bottom