Wallace ready for trip to Revis Island | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace ready for trip to Revis Island

We might have one of the best offenses we have had since you know who.

Yeah, ya just zone double Wallace until he starts finding spots underneath. If they liquidate Hartline with Revis than Matthews / Landry can create openings all over. If we have to max protect, we're probably in trouble, which is a concern with Chandler Jones and Wilfork. Also, if Belichick can get in Tannehill's head with disguised blitzes from every angle we could be in big trouble.
He crushed us with clever blitzes in that 2nd half in Foxboro. We got rattled as hell. If Moreno can help with this than we'll be much better than last year's team already. I hope we're much better at the screen game this year.

If he thinks that revis Island can't be invaded then he is wrong, I would go right after Revis and make his ass work for his paycheck, he is good but he can be handled and he can't run with Wallace all day, Revis is going to need plenty of help covering Wallace.

Revis can't cover everybody and this group of receivers is the best that the team has had collectively in a while, you are going to see Wallace in motion a plenty of times in this game.

The guy could go to the HOF one day.. I'd say spread them out and go to option 2,3,4,5.. Most the time, try to hit Wallace deep a few times though. If Ginn can beat him Wallace can

Wallace burned him several times in the Monday night game vs the Bucs last season. Unfortunately, RT didnt connect or didnt throw to him. I was sitting on the 40 yd line a d was watching that matchup. If Revis doesn't jam him at the LOS, he wont be able to cover him. Revis has success against bigger, physical WR's because he's physical and has good technique, but he's not Deion Sanders and doesn't have the makeup speed to cover a pure speed receiver like Wallace.

yeah the last time revis played Miami his season ended. that dude is over rated old. last year miami played the bucs on Monday night realest didn't do nothin till the very end of the game when he got an int on a hail Mary type of pass.

Revis has great technique and wisdom to handle underneath routes, but I would test him deep if he's singled up. I just don't think he's as fast as he was 3-4 years ago.

yeah the last time revis played Miami his season ended. that dude is over rated old. last year miami played the bucs on Monday night realest didn't do nothin till the very end of the game when he got an int on a hail Mary type of pass.

Well last year he was coming off a major knee injury/surgery, conventional wisdom says that anyone not named Adrian Peterson takes two years to get back to 100% (or as close to it as possible) so I would expect him to be MUCH better this year than last. That said, its all about execution.

Papers up here claim he will have responsibility for the right side of the field. Covering whoever lines up on his side. Won't be covering any specific guy.

He's not fast enough to cover Wallace on deep routes (see: Ted Ginn)

Otherwise, we've got a ****load of good WR's to test other routes. Let "Mr. Island" tire himself out constantly chasing Wallace deep.

he can cover anyone, the only players that really give him any "problems" are the quicker, shiftier type of players. The Ginn thing he was supposed to have deep help, he wasn't following Ginn around. he dominated Wallace when Wallace was in Pitt w/ a much better QB throwing to him.

It's simple, we go after whomever Revis doesn't cover!

Oh please. Good teams play their game regardless of who covers who. If you are confident in your team you want to hit them where they think they are best. If you are looking for weaknesses only you are limiting your own playbook and you have doubts in your own team. Playing scared doesn't make you a successful team. The moment you avoid Revis on a one and one situation the Pats cover the other side with two DBs. Then where will you go? No more vertical passing game?

If you think that Tannehill is our Franchise QB then he MUST put the ball into the receivers hand in a one on one with Revis. Franchise QBs and good teams play to their own strength not to the opponents weakness.

Unless we have a slew of injuries this is not a year for excuses. We supposedly have a franchise QB, a better OL than last year, a better running back and a pretty decent WR corps. Add a new OC with a new uptempo offense ...and we play scared? No way.

this offense is gonna move around the wrs soi don't think the d will be able to just key revis on one particular guy...either with motion inside the formation or stacked wrs etc...at least it better...or i'm gonna have issues with the new oc...have to get these guys off coverage as much as possible

i'd stay away from revis but i'd do it with motion and making the defense declare coverages

revis is gonna be asked to handle an area by himself pretty much which means the pats will be free to let mccourty roam and try and undercut things and the lbs to blitz more and attack the los

Wallace burned him several times in the Monday night game vs the Bucs last season. Unfortunately, RT didnt connect or didnt throw to him. I was sitting on the 40 yd line a d was watching that matchup. If Revis doesn't jam him at the LOS, he wont be able to cover him. Revis has success against bigger, physical WR's because he's physical and has good technique, but he's not Deion Sanders and doesn't have the makeup speed to cover a pure speed receiver like Wallace.

In that game vs Revis, Wallace caught 3 of 6 for 12 yards with 1 drop and 1 Int but, like you I do remember him beating Revis on a couple of plays.

In the 2nd game, Pats had 4 different guys on Wallace, and he went over 100 with a TD.

this offense is gonna move around the wrs soi don't think the d will be able to just key revis on one particular guy...either with motion inside the formation or stacked wrs etc...at least it better...or i'm gonna have issues with the new oc...have to get these guys off coverage as much as possible

i'd stay away from revis but i'd do it with motion and making the defense declare coverages

revis is gonna be asked to handle an area by himself pretty much which means the pats will be free to let mccourty roam and try and undercut things and the lbs to blitz more and attack the los

What's your take on bubble screens to Wallace this game with our blocking vs their D?

In that game vs Revis, Wallace caught 3 of 6 for 12 yards with 1 drop and 1 Int but, like you I do remember him beating Revis on a couple of plays.

In the 2nd game, Pats had 4 different guys on Wallace, and he went over 100 with a TD.

3 recs, 12 yds. I think NE will take that from Wallace and that was revis playing nowhere near 100% a year ago. Revis will shut down any WR he is matched up with when healthy.

Back
Top Bottom