Walterfootball.com Has Us Selecting D.k. Metcalf @ 13 Overall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walterfootball.com Has Us Selecting D.k. Metcalf @ 13 Overall

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

The neck injury and lack of production in college bother me. The physical talent is undeniable, but of course it takes more than that.

Miami Dolphins: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

If the Dolphins truly plan on tanking in 2019 to land Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 NFL Draft, they should make sure that Tagovailoa has a legitimate No. 1 receiver to throw to. They can obtain that sort of a play-maker with this pick.

D.K. Metcalf didn't look like a No. 1 receiver at Ole Miss, as he was unproductive while running poor routes. However, he posted elite numbers at the combine, displaying a ridiculous amount of upside.

I stopped visiting that horrible site years ago.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-m...calf-for-the-Season-to-Neck-Injury-123367163/

“D.K. Metcalf hurt his neck. It’s a little more serious than we thought,” Luke said. “He’ll be done for the season. Long term, he’s going to be fine. But I think it’s going to require surgery. We’re still looking to make sure that we have the very best care and everything for him. But it’s not a long-term issue. But it is going to be one where he’ll be done for the season. It has nothing to do with the spinal. It’s all vertebrae.

I'd like to hear what the doctor has to say about that.

So with the 13th pick in the draft the Miami Dolphins select unproductive, poor route runner DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss?

Sounds about right.

I saw that pick and deemed it highly, highly unlikely.

That guy at Walter has a thing against the Dolphins. 2 months ago he had us taking Murray because we were the only team stupid enough to take him in the first as he put it.

He also blasted us for letting Gase go because Ross called him something like the next great coach when we hired him.

Walter football has grown to be one of the least reliable draft websites out there.

I usually visit The Draft Network, Matt Miller, NFL.com as the top 3.

CBS sports is also a pretty garbage site for the draft.

There's no way we'll draft ANY WR at 13. I check that site but only to see how they're moving guys up and down and to read on the players. Everyone of those sites is really just for fun. We do have 33 more days till the draft so mocks it is for now.

It would be a wasted pick.

What good is a WR without a QB and Oline? I'm going BPA high value positions with a heavy heavy emphasis on Dline/pass rushers but i won't pass up an elite Olineman if we want to draft a franchise QB anytime soon.

I don't see WR as a high value position. If you were missing one piece, ok. But WR like RB can be found and/or schemed.

If we were drafting a “playmaker” at 13, it would have to be Hockenson, who IMHO would be without question the BPA. I’m kind of to the point now that if Miami actually makes a pick at 13 I’ll be stunned. I still say they trade down at least once.

So they think we are going to want to draft someone that didn't look or perform like a true number 1 receiver in college, and someone who didn't run good routes or have a good route tree, purely on the basis of how they tested at the combine?

Sorry I don't see the logic there. Just because someone is big and athletic doesn't mean they will suddenly become a true number 1 receiver that runs good routes. We have all seen players run a fast 40 time at the combine, but sometimes that straight line speed in shorts doesn't translate to what they do on the field. Likewise some of the other testing they do doesn't always translate. Now that's not to say we should ignore the testing that goes on at the combine, rather we shouldn't just draft someone because they test well and that means they have more upside. Ok if Metcalf puts everything together he can be special, but conversely he could end up being pretty average if his receiving skills don't improve.

So if we are looking for a receiver, and I personally don't think we are in the first round, I would prefer to take a more accomplished receiver that didn't test as well but still tested well like AJ Brown over DK Metcalf. Someone like Brown has better route running skills and can still be a play maker in the NFL even if he doesn't have the size and same level of athleticism as Metcalf. But like I said, I don't see us going receiver in the first round. If we do it will likely be on day three.

I don't even look at Walterfootball anymore. They always have Miami making the worst possible selections and mock players that don't fit, or don't fill a need. That's not to say Metcalf isn't a talent, but that's such an unlikely pick for a team that has glaring holes on the offensive and defensive lines, not to mention at quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom