Wannstedt is holding Feeley back! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is holding Feeley back!

inFINSible said:
It's only bias when you don't agree...:lol:
No,It just simply is not true.Jay still has the edge.A.J Feeley is finally looking like a QB but is not close.

I don't care who wins because I just want better QB to start.I believe Jay wil end up winning the Job this year because he just a more experience QB and should come out winner but doesn't mean I'm rooting for him.My opinion is not bias like you think it is and the reporter is just made a bias statement.

Dolphan_B said:
The competition in 2004 is between a veteran Fiedler who has no trouble scoring with this offense against someone who is learning the system and is a light year behind Fiedler..
:roflmao:

Fiedler? No trouble scoring with this offense?:roflmao:

ahem....if only that were true we wouldn't be trying to replace him

If only one other GM felt as strongly about Fiedler as some of you fans he'd be playing elsewhere right now.

ajdoggie said:
Why even bring up the fact that Collins, Garcia, Warner, (whoever) isn't here . They were never in the plans for this team. The fact that they went out and traded for Feeley to either start or backup at the QB position for this year is the only thing that matters.
If AJ can't beat out Jay Fiedler, this organization has a made a major mistake, especially with the free agent QB's that became available.

If Jay Fiedler is our best........we're not very good!

NCFINFAN38 said:
I certainally hope not. The thought of AJ on the field even if our starter Jay is hurt is just to scary to imagine. If Sage is number 2 then maybe we could hang on until Jay gets back, .
:roflmao:

Scary?........I'll give you scary........its when the play by play man says "Jay Fiedler drops back to pass"

Jay Fiedler = Living proof of Miami's committment to mediocrity

"but to put our hopes in AJ is like saying we are waiting for next year"

:roflmao: ........and putting our hopes in Jay Fiedler is just flat out blanking stupid.

Muck said:
:lol:

Wanny is so stubborn and in love with Fiedler that after one season of him at QB, he tried sending a 1st round pick to Green Bay for Matt Hasselbeck.

I guess that goes down as "tough love"?? :confused:
As I remember that, wasn't it Rick trying to work that deal?

And wasn't it Wanny who delayed and didn't pull the trigger that gave Holmgren time to swoop in and take him away?

I just remember Rick having to go back to Wannstedt to get the OK and the delay/or Wanny's reluctance to do it caused us to lose out on that one, of course the upside is we kept our pick so we could draft Jamar Fletcher....

Jay outperformed Huard, yeah right, the only game he played he threw three Ints, now that´s outperforming

gordolphin said:
Jay outperformed Huard, yeah right, the only game he played he threw three Ints, now that´s outperforming
How many scores did Huard lead the offense to, in the three games he played??

FinsOnTop said:
He held Brian Griese back when we were trying to win real games. What makes anybody think he's not going to hold back AJ?

This is an example of the internet at its worst. Someone could write pages refuting nonsense by detailed reference to factual matters and 3 seconds later, someone else pops up with an equally ill-informed comment. Trying to provide a little common sense to an internet forum is about as effective and worthwhile as swatting at gnats with a pencil.

It does not concern me that AJ and Jay are getting an equivalent amount of snaps.Its still early in camp and both QBs have to get ready.I am more concerned why Sage is not getting more snaps.Several people and even Dave have said tthat he looks look when given the opportunity yet they avoid him as though he has an infectious disease.

BlueFin said:
As I remember that, wasn't it Rick trying to work that deal?

I just remember Rick having to go back to Wannstedt to get the OK and the delay/or Wanny's reluctance to do it caused us to lose out on that one, of course the upside is we kept our pick so we could draft Jamar Fletcher....

Seattle had a better offer. They gave up a higher pick than Miami had...

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/sports/522585/detail.html

BlueFin said:
And wasn't it Wanny who delayed and didn't pull the trigger that gave Holmgren time to swoop in and take him away?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2001/04/06/hasselbeck_trade/

"I thought we had a deal done," Dolphins vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said. "That's how good I felt about it. But then the Seahawks came in and [Packers head coach Mike] Sherman did the deal with Holmgren. It's part of the business. You give it your best shot. They felt their deal they had with Seattle was better, so that's their decision."

FinsOnTop said:
He held Brian Griese back when we were trying to win real games. What makes anybody think he's not going to hold back AJ?

Haven't made it to the end of the thread yet, but I had to jump on this one.

Brian Griese was NEVER promised open cometition with Fiedler. He was brought in specifically to be a BACKUP. This is a completely different situation.

And for those who are moping that Wannstedt won't give Feeley a fair chance ... give it a rest. We haven't even hit training camp yet.

BG had to come in as a backup cause he didn't make any QB schools except one. He didn't get to learn any of the offense, or get used to any of the players until the end of July at mini camps, that is why he was a backup from the get go....plus he hurt his poor little toe (or maybe it was his big toe?)...lol!

Feeley has a much better chance than anyone has the past few years at winning the job cause he has more talent then JF, plus he has TIME!!!

ajdoggie said:
Theoretically, Feeley would be making even more strides were he not sharing snaps with the first-team offense. But Wannstedt has remained true to his word by splitting practice time between Feeley and incumbent Jay Fiedler.

Just a matter of time.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphins06jun06,0,992686.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
And this would surprise any of us...why?

Fiedler = Wannstedt = Fiedler = Wannstedt. IT's not going to change til Wannstedt is gone of Fiedler is out with an injury. Just not going to happen. No way, no how. I wish they had tried to get Mark Brunell. I tell you, the guy has football left in him and with a new good coach, he's going to succeed again. But he will be succeeding with the Giants, not the Fins. Alas.

Back
Top Bottom