Wannstedt is holding Feeley back! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is holding Feeley back!

GMP-AGAIN said:
And this would surprise any of us...why?

Fiedler = Wannstedt = Fiedler = Wannstedt. IT's not going to change til Wannstedt is gone of Fiedler is out with an injury. Just not going to happen. No way, no how. I wish they had tried to get Mark Brunell. I tell you, the guy has football left in him and with a new good coach, he's going to succeed again. But he will be succeeding with the Giants, not the Fins. Alas.

This post = Most confused post in the thread = This post = Most confused post in the thread

1) We DID try to get Brunell. The Jags wouldn't let us talk to him.

2) If Brunell succeeds this year, it will be with the Redskins, not the Giants.

Gladsadmad said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2001/04/06/hasselbeck_trade/

"I thought we had a deal done," Dolphins vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said. "That's how good I felt about it. But then the Seahawks came in and [Packers head coach Mike] Sherman did the deal with Holmgren. It's part of the business. You give it your best shot. They felt their deal they had with Seattle was better, so that's their decision."
Ok, thanks, I still think there was a little more to it as my memory recalls, I realize Seattle in the end came up with a better offer, but something in the back of mind tells me we had a deal finalized with Green Bay and it was awaiting Wannstedt to give the go ahead and during that delay Seattle came in with the better offer, I'll have to look for more on it......thanks again

See what I meant in my immediately preceding post on Page 4 of this thread, Dr. Z?

BlueFin said:
Ok, thanks, I still think there was a little more to it as my memory recalls, I realize Seattle in the end came up with a better offer, but something in the back of mind tells me we had a deal finalized with Green Bay and it was awaiting Wannstedt to give the go ahead and during that delay Seattle came in with the better offer, I'll have to look for more on it......thanks again

My understanding was that we had a deal finalized. RS called Wannstedt to get final approval, but couldn't reach him right away. (I heard the delay was about an hour). During that hour, Seattle jumped in with a higher offer.

Agua said:
See what I meant in my immediately preceding post on Page 4 of this thread, Dr. Z?

Mmm-hmmm ...

Your sig STILL makes me chuckle, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom