Wanny= Descent coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny= Descent coach

Grizzly2269

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I dont know why everyone is bashing Wanny when he led us to a 41-23 record in 2000-2003. He was a very winning coach. I dont know what more you guys can ask for. Just because he took a chance and believed in Fiedler he is a bad coach? Just becase his players kept choking in the playoffs. Not counting 2004 Miami was considered an elite team for Wannys whole career. You guys are just spoiled.IMO

Wanny was a GREAT coach.

FOR ME TO POOP ON

clear.gif

Grizzly2269 said:
I dont know why everyone is bashing Wanny when he led us to a 41-23 record in 2000-2003. He was a very winning coach. I dont know what more you guys can ask for. Just because he took a chance and believed in Fiedler he is a bad coach? Just becase his players kept choking in the playoffs. Not counting 2004 Miami was considered an elite team for Wannys whole career. You guys are just spoiled.IMO
I hope you have thick skin because you are going to get ripped on this one. 41-23 doesn't tell the entire story of Wanny's first four years. There was plenty of bad decisions, questionable moves, bad draft choices that led to what happened in 2004. Look what he did to the Pitt Panthers in only ONE year.

wanny had 3 problems: 1) he was too conservative...2) he was a terrible gm and 3) he could never get us a real qb...

Wallace758 said:
wanny was a great coach................................... for about 3 games
Which 3 games was that? :evil:

He took over a Bears team that was starting to make some noise and ran them into the ground. He took over a Dolphins team that had a great D from Jimmy J and ran us into the ground, literally. He took over a Pitt Panther team poised to take the Big East, and ran them into the ground. Great coach, he is NOT!

Back
Top Bottom