Wanny & Jay 2004 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny & Jay 2004

Originally posted by Disnardo
Last year (03), 7 games where the offense scored 21+ points per game. That was inspite of JF and BG and no running game for the most part...

Who knows, with a great QB coach, a GM that will make the right calls to improve the O-unit, either BG or JF will be asked to stay and show their attributes in the mini-camps...

Do you know why Fiedler had no run game consistently in 2003?? Defenses sold out on the run and Fiedler still had trouble throwing for 200 a game.. It is pathetic the amount of production Fiedler makes with Ricky in the backfield compared to what is potentially there with a decent QB.. I mean, I don't know what else to say that has not been said about Fiedler the last 2 years.. If you haven't noticed Fiedler is a liability to this offense, then it must take you another year for you to realize, if not, more power to you..

I'll tell you this though.. I remember a number of articles written about Norv's ability to set up the long bomb and the ability to take advantage of those play-actions and those articles were all written after Fiedlers first 5-6 games in 2003.. The passing game was so inept this year, it was pathetic..

[EDIT]- With 12 games of 21+ points per game in 02', how come this team went 9-7?

Can anyone spell D E F E N S E

You can't exactly blame the defense in the final 2 games of the season where Miami held their own destiny.. The defense forced about 4 turnovers in the first half against the Vikings and Miami only ended with 17 or 14 points.. In Foxboro, Miami scores 3 points in 2nd half and the defense intercepts Brady only to have the offense go 3 and out and Mare misses the field goal.. There's only so much a unit can do...

Wannstedt and Spielman know Fiedler is very limited in his ability.. Having to deal with another year with Fiedler would be horrible.. I guarantee Miami does not make the super Bowl next year if Fiedler is the QB.. He is too arrogant after a good outing to be consistent and a good outing for him is 180 and 1 TD.. I seriously cannot believe there are "Jay supporters" still around after the '03 season.. I guess one great game and 2 OK games when the season was already done counts for something...

:nono:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Do you know why Fiedler had no run game consistently in 2003?? Defenses sold out on the run and Fiedler still had trouble throwing for 200 a game.. It is pathetic the amount of production Fiedler makes with Ricky in the backfield compared to what is potentially there with a decent QB..

Amen brother!
There are people on this board that will make excuse after excuse for Fiedler for some reason. The proof is what it is.
NO DEFENSES or defensive coordinators respect Fiedler's ability.
Teams have dared us time and time again to burn them through the passing game and we can't.

Once Fiedler leaves everyone will see what his true worth is.
He will not win a starting job unless he's competing with Kordell Stewart.

Unfortunetly there in no better option than Fiedler.He does need a pay cut.Im not saying i like Fiedler but I dont see a better option. Phillip Rivers is not the answer. He has got great intangibles and can come up with big plays, but lacks arm strenght and at times has trouble with the long ball and accuracy. Sounds alot like fiedler to me. I'd rather have Fiedler,Sage and maybe Ricky Ray. Then use money to sign to lineman such as Damien Woody and Chad Clifton/John Tait. If we signed a guy like O-Pace it would cost alot and would equal the price of two line man. In the draft I know we wont trade down for a QB. We should take a reciever in the first and assuming we have 2 first round picks I would like to try and get Shawn Andrews and move him to guard. If after all this we could sign a veteran reciever it would be nice, but I could live with CC,DT, a rookie and McKnight.

O-line= W. Smith, D. Woody, S. McKinney, S. Andrews, Tait/Clifton

Backs= Jay, Ricky, Rob

Recievers= CC, DT/Rookie, and McKnight

I could live with this line up until we can improve ourselves at QB next year.

[EDIT]- With 12 games of 21+ points per game in 02', how come this team went 9-7?

Can anyone spell D E F E N S E

Amen brother. I love our D but it really makes you wonder how overrated they really are as a group, regardless of individual skills.

On a side note and to play devil's advocate a bit....JF/BG didn't have a solid #2 WR......Thompson.....Newson.....no.....Tolver.....no......who is it this game?....they couldn't find anyone to fill that spot. As for CC....he had an excellent year.....even being double-teamed most of the time and the rest the free safety was leaning toward him while covering the run. Dixon.....out for the season....Left/blind-side tackle.....a 3rd round red-faced rookie? Your right-guard's injury really needs 18 months to be 100% but he's back anyway....oh...ok....so no #2 guy, missing one of your veteran Oline leaders, have a rookie on your blind-side...so basically your Oline sucks.......and for some reason people wonder why our passing game never went well? CC can only catch so many balls...and even then, it's be nice if he'd catch the ones Tatted onto his numbers when it's 3 & 8......

JF is not the greatest QB. However, IMHO....the order of our priorities should be

1. Oline
2. WR
3. QB

Thankfully, we may be able to snag the 3rd option ok, but the other two are the ones that may give us more headaches.

Fiedler Huggers go away!!!

Your craazy!! Your delusional!!

Seek professional help immediately!!!

lol, yep......Fiedler missed 24 tackles during Philly's game......didn't show up (and was joking about it being practice) to the Houston game.....allowed the Titans to score on their first 2 opening drives forcing us into a shooting match we could never win as we're built that way.......oh no.....wait a sec......that was our heralded the defense.....

I'll give you that our Defense is rather good and has kept us in games when JF has screwed things up.....then again....they better considering that 2/3 of our salary goes to the D.

I don't love Fiedler but neither do I feel the need to say I hate him or don't like him because that is the popular/bandwagon attitude here and anyone who says anything slightly positive is made fun of or ridiculed. But truth be told, and I think we all know it, although we would love to change QB's....we have more pressing problems then that. It would be nice if all the people who want to put JF on a stake could remove themselves from their emotions a bit and see that although JF is nowhere close to being what we'd like....that we CAN win with him (and have) and can go even farther with him if 1) The Defense shows up to ALL the games 2) Mare makes his kicks when given the opportunity 3) Our receivers catch balls when thrown to their chests 4) Our TE's pick up the blitz better, 5) our 'chips' to DEs actually get implemented........the list goes on and on.......oh wait....the only thing wrong with the Dolphins is that JF isn't the most accurate passer........no wait......it's all Wanny's fault (I'm still waiting for anyone to show me how he or his gameplan lost more games then the player's making mistakes).......please.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT ANYONE THINKS THAT JAY IS BETTER THAN THE DEFENSE. THAT THE DEFENSE IS MORE THE REASON WE LOST. INSANITY.:goof:
The D is high risk high return. The problem is when the D gets turnovers the O cant capitolize because our passing game is a steaming pile of crap. With Mcmike, CC and even a reasonable Wr the QB should scare the oposing D. Doesn't happen b/c everyone in the NFL knows its 1 out of 8 or 10 when Jay goes deep. That will not due. Lets give up on Jay and discussing him as next years qb. I would rather have BG and a pop warner o line.:cry: :tongue:

:lol: (pop warner BG)

I'm just curious......who DID lose the Philly game? the Houston game? the Titans game?

Wasn't "blaming" the defense for anything, but just pointing out the fact that our games are won and lost by various parts/people on the team is all, and although I would like to see JF go for someone better it is annoying to constantly hear about how the whole team's fault is due to JF when in reality....they're not.

I hope we can upgrade our QB situation......I'd love to......but I hope even more we get 2 good Oline men and a good #2 WR first....

Do you know why Fiedler had no run game consistently in 2003?? Defenses sold out on the run and Fiedler still had trouble throwing for 200 a game.. It is pathetic the amount of production Fiedler makes with Ricky in the backfield compared to what is potentially there with a decent QB.. I mean, I don't know what else to say that has not been said about Fiedler the last 2 years.. If you haven't noticed Fiedler is a liability to this offense, then it must take you another year for you to realize, if not, more power to you..

I'll tell you this though.. I remember a number of articles written about Norv's ability to set up the long bomb and the ability to take advantage of those play-actions and those articles were all written after Fiedlers first 5-6 games in 2003.. The passing game was so inept this year, it was pathetic..

You can't exactly blame the defense in the final 2 games of the season where Miami held their own destiny.. The defense forced about 4 turnovers in the first half against the Vikings and Miami only ended with 17 or 14 points.. In Foxboro, Miami scores 3 points in 2nd half and the defense intercepts Brady only to have the offense go 3 and out and Mare misses the field goal.. There's only so much a unit can do...

Wannstedt and Spielman know Fiedler is very limited in his ability.. Having to deal with another year with Fiedler would be horrible.. I guarantee Miami does not make the super Bowl next year if Fiedler is the QB.. He is too arrogant after a good outing to be consistent and a good outing for him is 180 and 1 TD.. I seriously cannot believe there are "Jay supporters" still around after the '03 season.. I guess one great game and 2 OK games when the season was already done counts for something...

Sorry Rude, but I am not a JF or BG lover/hugger...:)

I know JF is too inconsistant to be a good starting QB for this or any team. But so far the market for good QBs is pretty well dried up...

The main reason I posted that 21+ points post is to answer a post that stated that if we had an offense that produce 21+ ppg and with our defense, we will make it to the SB.

So I made that statement that we did scored 21+ in 75% of our games in 02 (9-7). Our record in those games were 9-3, which means that we lost the other 4 games where our O did not produce 21+ ppg...

In the latter part of 02, opposing teams stacked the box to stop RW also, it was not only this past year. Why do you think that RW had a few 200 yds games in that year? Because opponents were stacking the box and the OL MADE THE BLOCKS to free him into the secondary (buffalos game in NY is a good example).

The Buffalo game was a good example of us losing 21-38. Ricky had 200 yds, but Bledsoe torched our D for big TD plays, and our D had penalties throughout that game, which maintained their drives.

Bottom line IMO our D did not help us win games in 02, the Offense did...

I feel like there should be a thread entitled....."You WILL be assimilated"......so that way anyone who has anything positive to say about JF or (if nothing positive can be said) anything negative about anyone or anything else about the team (other then wanny) they could go there and be assimilated into the JF sucks....Wanny needs to go......everything is their fault opinion.

I don't recall anyone saying that JF was great or our savior but I still don't see why some posters should feel the need to apologize (in a fashion) after any positive remark about Fiedler or negative remark about any other part of the team. We have too many problems but again, as the media constantly reinforces, only 2 people ever really take the blame....the HC and the QB.

Lets talk bout Minn and NE in 02...

In the Minnesiota game the Offense score 7 in the first half, In the 2nd half Minn had the ball for over 22 minutes out of the 30 minutes. During this time the defense was on the field, giving Minn the 17 points for the win. When our offense had the ball they score 10 points in less than 8 minutes (when they had their only 2 posessions)...

In NE our offense had with the help of the TO had our lovable Finz ahead by 11 points with less than 5 minutes to play. What happened to the defensive stand? We lost that game when NE took over with something like 4:59 left to play in regulation. Our defense never showed up in OT, first drive they score.....

Bottom line our defense, when needed most disappeared, Thats all of 2/3 of our salaries, and when push came to shove, our dfense were the PATSIES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by AzDolfan543413
Unfortunetly there in no better option than Fiedler.He does need a pay cut.Im not saying i like Fiedler but I dont see a better option. Phillip Rivers is not the answer. He has got great intangibles and can come up with big plays, but lacks arm strenght and at times has trouble with the long ball and accuracy. Sounds alot like fiedler to me. I'd rather have Fiedler,Sage and maybe Ricky Ray. Then use money to sign to lineman such as Damien Woody and Chad Clifton/John Tait. If we signed a guy like O-Pace it would cost alot and would equal the price of two line man. In the draft I know we wont trade down for a QB. We should take a reciever in the first and assuming we have 2 first round picks I would like to try and get Shawn Andrews and move him to guard. If after all this we could sign a veteran reciever it would be nice, but I could live with CC,DT, a rookie and McKnight.

O-line= W. Smith, D. Woody, S. McKinney, S. Andrews, Tait/Clifton

Backs= Jay, Ricky, Rob

Recievers= CC, DT/Rookie, and McKnight

I could live with this line up until we can improve ourselves at QB next year.

No better option? I'd just as soon have Anthony Wright. there is only one reason why Jay Fiedler is a starter in this league anyway....................Dave wannstedt and we're all aware of hIS ineptness. Fiedler has always been a backup every where else he's been. No, he still is only backup quality.

Back
Top Bottom