Wanny & Jay 2004 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny & Jay 2004

if jay isnt our qb then who? brunell or gannon....well if that is the case we had better step up the o line cause niether of these guys will be able to avoid the pass rushes that fieldler did in 03. now im not a fieldler fan but for the immediate future i dont see many options.

There lies the problem.......not many options left......but there has to be at least ONE! One better option than Jay.....dosen't there?

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Dumbasses every where I look.

Jay Fiedler has never had talent around him. This year was the worst of all. His line sucks, his WR were below average, and had a TE who only shows up in 1/2 the games he plays in.

Maybe it's time to upgrade the offense? Is it any wonder Jay is hurt every year when he constantly is being murdered. Jay Fiedler proved he can be solid when he has time in the pocket (unless you all forgot he destroyed the #1 defense in the league).

You all will make excuses for Ricky when he gets stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, and condemn Jay for poor play when he is on his back most of the game. You're all hypocrites.

my Grandma can be solid in the pocket if she has all day!! And she even passed away in '75!! ;)

i think the only option is that we keep jay 1 more year and do our best at a 05 starter in the draft this year. oh and the second priority has to be the o line.

Originally posted by Stamos
Throw out the second NE game, and Fiedler was damn good to end the season. I've ALWAYS been a supporter, and I doubt anyone would question that I am the biggest Jay Fiedler fan on earth. That said, I wouldn't have a single problem with him returning as the starter, especially if he got some much needed help around him.

I am still very intrigue by what might happen with Patrick Ramsey though, only guy I'd rather have starting in 2004 then Fiedler, that we have an outside shot of acquiring.

Alot has been said about Fiedler coming back as the starter with a couple of big IFs. If he takes a paycut and iF we can draft a QB for the future. But i don't care if we are able to get an all pro OL across the front along with the leagues best WRs, jay Fiedler is not worth paying almost 6mil to start for this team. I would rather tender Sage and have him start b4 starting Fiedler at 6 mil. He must take a cut, not a restructure since that would only push alot of it into the future and Fiedler is not the caliber of player that you'd risk restructuring like that. If he won't take a cut, then we just cut him and take the lumps now. No need to make a bad situation any worse.

and have sage as our starter, cool, that means in the o5 draft we get first pick in the first round, and have wasted how many millions on a good defense for 04 compared to 6 million, for a chance of going to the playoffs. and dont give me the "ya never know sage could take us to the playoffs" speach

Originally posted by stork48
and have sage as our starter, cool, that means in the o5 draft we get first pick in the first round, and have wasted how many millions on a good defense for 04 compared to 6 million, for a chance of going to the playoffs. and dont give me the "ya never know sage could take us to the playoffs" speach

If you read closely enough you could figure out that what was meant by Sage was that with that "all pro OL and WRs", Sage could do as good a job as Fiedler in that sense and thus saving alot of fiedler's 6 mil cap #. ;) It was meant in an "all things being equal" sense, not a literal one.

i do agree on not restructuring jf though. either pay cut or bye bye. just cant seem to figure who we would start if jf is gone. i dont think sage would give us a chance.

Originally posted by Phins13
Look at our passer rating as a team! Some blame goes to Griese, some to our O-Line but a MAJORITY goes to JAY! He is terribly inconsistant, has gotten worse in each of the last 3 seasons, and has gotten injured every year. We cannot win by throwing for 150 yds a game when every team we play stacks the line and prays we throw the ball. I am not knocking Jay(O.K maybe a little) but he has gotten his chance and we have gotten as far as we can go......TIME FOR A CHANGE........LOOK AT THE NUMBERS.:help: :chair: :rolleyes2 :bravo:

I agree that we need change on the O unit personnel. Just don't blame all the problems on JF.

It is fair to say, not that is't the right thing to say, but in 2002, this offense was scoring an avg of 24 ppg with JF and RL at the helm. The last year that it was above 20 was in 1996.

JF had 14 TD to 9 INT that year (2002), with a 61% comp, and a 85% QBR. Two things he had that year that was missing in 03', running the ball effeciently and a QB coach...

They had 12 games where the offense score 21+ points per game (42,21,30,30,26,24,26,30,21,27,23 and 24). That was inspite of JF and RL...

Last year (03), 7 games where the offense scored 21+ points per game. That was inspite of JF and BG and no running game for the most part...

Who knows, with a great QB coach, a GM that will make the right calls to improve the O-unit, either BG or JF will be asked to stay and show their attributes in the mini-camps...

[EDIT]- With 12 games of 21+ points per game in 02', how come this team went 9-7?

Can anyone spell D E F E N S E

Think about it guys...they know we need a QB, and if they bring in a guy like Brunell who is going downhill then how long does that give them before they need ANOTHER new QB?? Not long at all. They cant afford to do this, they need a rookie QB to groom and during that time the only logical thing would be to keep Fiedler...Fiedler has been playing in this offense for 4 years, our offense is very confusing to players when they join and ive heard it multiple times from some of the WRs etc. Would you seriously want a guy like Brunell to come in and have no idea what our offense is like and have to learn it and he wont be comfortable for a long time? Or would you rather have Fiedler who knows the entire offense like the back of his hand and a rookie QB to watch and learn the offense and be ready for the following year?? Maybe even midseason...Fiedler is the best choice because we will need a rookie QB not a old fart in FA.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Think about it guys...they know we need a QB, and if they bring in a guy like Brunell who is going downhill then how long does that give them before they need ANOTHER new QB?? Not long at all. They cant afford to do this, they need a rookie QB to groom and during that time the only logical thing would be to keep Fiedler...Fiedler has been playing in this offense for 4 years, our offense is very confusing to players when they join and ive heard it multiple times from some of the WRs etc. Would you seriously want a guy like Brunell to come in and have no idea what our offense is like and have to learn it and he wont be comfortable for a long time? Or would you rather have Fiedler who knows the entire offense like the back of his hand and a rookie QB to watch and learn the offense and be ready for the following year?? Maybe even midseason...Fiedler is the best choice because we will need a rookie QB not a old fart in FA.

Noone knows this offense like the back of their hands, while we may be using the same type of scheme, the plays are different, the calls will be different and the style of play should be different.

With that said, I still want Brunell.

Re: Wanny & Jay 2004

Originally posted by LAfinfan
:o
IMO The Dolfins now believe that there is no other QB out there better than Jay. Since Brunell will probably be gone and they cannot draft high enough to get a quality Qb . So with Wanny and Jay were off to the Super Bowl in 2004!!

Are you kidding me? We can draft Philip Rivers and he is more then just a quality QB. He might be the next great QB.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Listen guys, I know Fiedler isnt the greatest qb but he is enough to get in the playoffs EASY. If you dont remember Griese lost us 3 out of his 5 games, Fiedler lost us 3 out of 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What does that mean?? Griese had as much loses and played half the games. Jay contributed to half our losses this season, but he played MANY more games than griese. Jay lost us 3 games this season and you guys will "throw in the towel" for next season???Even when we get Clayton and a new line?? Are you kidding me?? Even if we still had fiedler...think of our dolphins from this year with a much better line and a WR on the other side of chambers with star potential...we will be MUCH better than we were this season and if the QB position isnt changed this year then oh well...id really like to get Rivers but he wont be able to start right away so get ready because fiedler is my guess for next years starting qb...

If I'm not mistaken Griese lost two game against the Titans and the Colts. Lets not kis oursleved who did Jay beat or play well against besides Dallas. NO ONE!!! He sucks and I will lose alot of faith in our front office if they are happy with not being great. Mediocity is all Jay will ever and has ever brought to the dolphins. And fielder lost 4 games. One of which to houston. Oooppps int Fiedler blew that one.

Originally posted by stork48
if jay isnt our qb then who? brunell or gannon....well if that is the case we had better step up the o line cause niether of these guys will be able to avoid the pass rushes that fieldler did in 03. now im not a fieldler fan but for the immediate future i dont see many options.

Stork Brunell is just as capable if not more than Feidler at avoiding the rush and hes a lefty makes Wade Smiths job easier.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Dumbasses every where I look.

Jay Fiedler has never had talent around him. This year was the worst of all. His line sucks, his WR were below average, and had a TE who only shows up in 1/2 the games he plays in.

Maybe it's time to upgrade the offense? Is it any wonder Jay is hurt every year when he constantly is being murdered. Jay Fiedler proved he can be solid when he has time in the pocket (unless you all forgot he destroyed the #1 defense in the league).

You all will make excuses for Ricky when he gets stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, and condemn Jay for poor play when he is on his back most of the game. You're all hypocrites.
Another ignorant Jay hugger. It's very annoying and ridiculous at this point. It's similar to the parent of murderer and the parent swears up and down...

"No! Not my boy!"
"But sir, we have video survaillance as evidence."
"I don't care! He still didn't do it!"

Give it up. :rolleyes:

Yes, the OL sucks, etc... We know that already. Yeah, Jay has been perfect when given time to throw the ball...sure. I can't count the amount of times I saw him take a 5 step drop, plant, and make another bad pass.

I said it time and time again: Is Jerry Rice in his prime and Marvin Harrison at WR, Mark Bavaro at TE, and a Hall of Fame OL going to stop Jay from overthrowing the WR on an out pattern, not hitting receivers in stride, and just bad throws in general? No. And please, don't even bother with the, "You must hate Jay" argument. I don't know the guy, so it's nothing personal. I root for the TEAM, and Jay has shown after 4 years that he doesn't cut it.

Back
Top Bottom