Wnt T-Buck back in Mia?

• Yes

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Maybe if he comes cheap

Votes: 64 43.0%

• Total voters
I thought he was a big playmaker everytime he was playing with us 2003. I'm still wondering why we didn't resign him for another year. I like T-Buck. If he comes with a decent price, get em.

hes very solid even at his age most def would pick him up for a year. he always makes plays

Ya know...bringing back T-Buck would be a good idea IMO, but what do y'all think about maybe trying him at FS as well? He's listed at only 180, so may be a tad small, but he's always been a playmaker who's good at reading and reacting to the QB, and im sure still has pretty good speed for a FS. That way, our depth problem at FS would be solved (IMO Bell will start, but what we have behind him scares me), as well as filling the CB hole that Poole left, since i dont trust Edwards any further than i can throw him either.

Fins 34 said:
I know his name has been tossed around here a few times, but now it seems pertinent to discuss the possibility.
Nah time to move foward, everything is about moving foward, forget the past no matter how good....I'd rather see a healthy Ty Law with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove

A&MPhin84 said:
Ya know...bringing back T-Buck would be a good idea IMO, but what do y'all think about maybe trying him at FS as well? He's listed at only 180, so may be a tad small, but he's always been a playmaker who's good at reading and reacting to the QB, and im sure still has pretty good speed for a FS. That way, our depth problem at FS would be solved (IMO Bell will start, but what we have behind him scares me), as well as filling the CB hole that Poole left, since i dont trust Edwards any further than i can throw him either.
Interesting throught. I am not a football coach though, only an armchair QB.

lol this thread is hilarious.

TBuck is nothing more than a #5 CB. When we had him back 2 years ago for our nickel, do you remember how horrible he was? He couldnt cover a boulder and would probably get a pass interference call if the other team decided to throw the ball at the boulder. T-Buck has no upside, he is way past his prime, and there is a reason we got rid of him 2 years ago when we needed a dimeback.

I would rather have 2 rookies on the roster to gain experience in a rebuilding season than T-buck getting the old yellow flag galore playing dime for us. Figure now Howard, who is a good zone CB, and Madison, who is a good man to man CB will start for us. We still have Mario Edwards, who is an ex-NFL starter to play nickel for us and then Daniels to play dime for us for a year. If we signed T-buck, he would be 5th on the depth chart....... if he wants to sign for the vet min to be a #5 CB, thats ok with me, but there is no way he should see playing time unless someone else gets hurt.

A&MPhin84 said:

Your joking right? :lol: The secondary is not leggos, you cant just put people where we have a hole. T-Buck is WAY undersized to play FS. PLUS he isnt a great tackler AND he is past his prime. Why would you want a guy like that playing FS? Let alone the fact that I dont recall if he has EVER played FS in the NFL......

We are way better off with Yeremiah Bell, who has the prototypical size and speed for a FS with Tillman, who is undersized, backing him up. We are not that desperate at FS to have T-Buck play it.

Theanswer385 said:
hes very solid even at his age most def would pick him up for a year. he always makes plays
:lol:

If by "solid", you mean past his prime, losing a step, and plays a type of coverage that is fading out in the NFL due to the new 5 yard chuck rule, then I agree.

And if by "always makes plays", you mean had trouble playing nickel here in Miami 2 years ago, stunk it up with the Jets last year, and always gets called for pass interference because he plays a more physical style of defense and has to hold speedy receivers when they burn him because he has lost a step, then again I agree with you.

I always liked T-Buck. We need the depth and if he's willing to come in cheap, I'll take him or Ty Law.

At best he was a risk taking DB.He could win or lose games for you.I think Saban would want a more consistent DB.Besides his type of play is going out of style nowadays.

stoody24 said:
how old is he??
33-34ish..

There is a reason he wasnt resigned by the Jets and a reason we cut him 2 years ago even though we could have had him back as a dimeback cheap.

Back
Top Bottom