Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

We dumped directtv this year, went to Cox which I prefer. They have a sports package for like 7.50 that includes Red Zone. Between that and some special web sites to keep track of the fins, I should be alright, and maybe even a bit healthier.

Explain how? I have Firestick and a prime account.

You don't have to have Amazon prime account but it allows for thousands of free movies if you have it. Kodi is an add on that allows you to side load all kinds of streaming apps. You can take the stick wherever you go as long as you have a WiFi connection.

That sounds awesome. My next concern: how illegal is this? lol. And what kind of side apps are streaming? Like is it just a feed similar to streaming sites on a laptop? Or pretty easy to navigate?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

I think it might be time to take this to the private messages lol

Explain how? I have Firestick and a prime account.

You have to load Kodi (lots of install instructions on youtube) then other addons to view live Sports.

I just mentioned the prime account because I use it to watch a lot of free stuff on the firestick. I haven't watched live Football yet but plan to have mine all setup with the necessary stuff by Week 1.

I've just been listening to the radio broadcast on the official site. I'll find a project to get done around the house and work on that while listening to the game. Two birds, one stone!

i did the madden 25 thing on the internet which was pretty cool and decent quality but since it will vary greatly fpr each person depending on internet speed etc. i do remember a ton of times where it froze and i would have to keep reloading the games....but it was worth it for the price since I couldnt get directv where I lived and yes you do need a card with a billing address in a complex that doesnt allow installation of the actual dish...
i now have direct tv and while it is a boat load of $ it is worth it to me..dont have to worry about internet problems or computer problems or whatever...plus like it has been mentioned, all cable providers will bargain with you one sales rep may give you HBO for 6 months the other may give you the ticket for free...id keep calling and complaining and threaten to leave

I have had Direct TV for 20 years, gotten the ticket every year. What I've learned: Call and ask for a discounts. usually they have some. If they don't, ask to speak to a manager. Give them a sob story about how tight your money is, you really live for football, blah blah, or tell them you're thinking of dropping service. They usually come up with something. This year - and get this - Direct TV actually PAID ME to get the MLB package. $70 when all is said and done. How's that for a silver tongue?

I might give KODI a shot this year for the games. I have KODI installed on my FireTV and Shiled Android TV. Only problem with the streaming apps on KODI is that most of them are unreliable. They may work one day and then stop working the next. A good deal of work searching for working/reliable streams.

Last year I had the streaming only version of Sunday Ticket (From www.NFLSundayTicket.tv) . Can't say it was worth the money. I have a pretty good internet connection but the streams would buffer on occasion (especially when watching with the Roku app) and there is always a 1 to 2 minute delay between the stream and live action. So reading the forums while watching a game can get a little annoying.

The year before I had Game Pass (international version) through a VPN. Worked fairly well watching on the PC but would rather watch on the big screen without having to run an HDMI cable from the PC to the TV. I believe there is a Roku Game Pass app but there is no way to change the DNS servers in the Roku network settings which is needed to use the VPN . Since I rent a modem from Comcast ,which they lock down when it comes to changing the DNS servers, it's tough using the VPN on anything other than a PC. Changing DNS servers can be done on the FireTV and Shield Android TV however as far as I know there is no native Game Pass app for either but the native Android apk can be side loaded.

I might explore the Game Pass addon for KODI and Plex or just do more research on other KODI addons.

I still believe if you already have Directv (which I do not anymore) the best thing to do is call them up, threaten to cancel and they usually end up giving you Sunday Ticket for free or at least at a discounted rate. There is no substitute for getting the games direct from the satellite feeds on your big screen. Just a lot more reliable than streaming and now the Sunday Ticket MAX (streaming version) is included with Sunday Ticket for all Directv customers.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and opinions.. There is some interesting information here and I'll probably PM you for help when its gets closer to week 1

Back
Top Bottom