Wants vs Needs : Why Not Feeley??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wants vs Needs : Why Not Feeley???

Look fin atic, i argued with you before, maybe too harshly and judgementally, I forgot that we are all fin fans and want a super bowl not to be continuely teased. For that I apologize. I still disagree with you. for one reason, if Feeley had been the first choice, then i would have been upset. Brunell was teh first choice, but i am happy thay didnt give up a third or second plus a 7 year contarct for a 35 yr old qb. We thgen set our sites on Ramsey, they will not trade him. Warnedr or Garcia? I see more downside to them then i do feeley, feeley may not be proven, but he hasnt proven the ability to fail either.

Warner hasnt won a game he has started in 2 years, while Bulger a non heralded 3rd string kid brought them back to respectibility with the same team Warner had. I don buy thye thumb excuse either, he threw very well in preseason, said teh thumb was 100% and then wants to use it as an excuse.

Garcia had back problems last year but you saw that he is a west coast offense qb, and does not do well outside that system didnt you? Yes we have components of the WCO, but it is not the same system. Plus back problems can and many times do become chronic.

Plus when "proven qbs are basically cut for performance, it doesnt leave me witha warm fuzzy feeling. remeber brunell never suked, he was just not a s durable and the had their future in Leftwich.

So based on those things I do agree teh chance we are taking with Feeley is teh right one. Plus when 2 experts who know qbs sing Feeleys praises, I am more comfortable, the 2 being Wolf and Fassell.

I do agree with Fin atic in that if Rivers slips to 20, especially if we get another #1 pick, we need to take Rivers. Losman as well for that matter. Qbs are a commodity and when will be in teh position to get a rookie qb like that again? Or do we continuely pass on them. LOsman and Rivers wont fall to teh third like Simms and Ragone did last year. If feeley is the man we can trade rivers for good picks or players, if Feeley doesnt prove successful, then we have a young qb to turn to. I can see us passing if we only have one first round pick cause we need WR and would hate to lose 1 of teh top five, but it would be hard to pass on Rivers.

Originally posted by unclemonty
I'm not trying to rip your post, but you need to understand what a RFA is before making such comments about the trade we made. I believe you're confusing RFA with Franchise player. These are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT tags. Franchising a player requires matching of top 5 salaries at that position. RFA is a flat tender for any player not yet in the league 4 years that you hold the rights to and whose contract is up. I hope this helps you understand the difference.

Sounded like you were ripping it pretty good to me. I am totally aware of the difference. But a franchised player's tender may also be 120% of his prior salary as well, whichever is greater tho.
But a RFA is NOT a "flat" tender. Ther are 4 different tender levels.
1) Right of 1st refusal, meaning the tendering team can match any offers, no picks involved. Lowest salary paid.
2) RoFR plus a pick in the player's original round. Higher salary tender or a 5th rnd pick, in Feeley's case.
3)RoFR or a 1st rnd pick, team can still match or receive a 1st rnd pick. Tendered salary is higher yet.
4) RoFR or a 1st and 3rd rnd pick/s. The salary here is the highest of all tenders.
Not sure of the exact #s since it follows the same % of the cap 5 increase each yr, but the difference between the salaries of the 1st and 4th tenders is quite substantial. So, that is why I believe that Phil would not have gone with the 3rd tender since i doubt seriously that anyone would give up a #1 for him (except mayube us, :( ) and get stuck paying him a salary about 3 Xs last years. Doesn't make sense to me. IMO, the 1st tender makes the most sense and therefore we could still have them and saving our pick.
Hope this clears things up for YOU. ;)

Well that is a gamble you may be right on, but Philli did say they were puttin a 1 tender on him.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Sounded like you were ripping it pretty good to me. I am totally aware of the difference. But a franchised player's tender may also be 120% of his prior salary as well, whichever is greater tho.
But a RFA is NOT a "flat" tender. Ther are 4 different tender levels.
1) Right of 1st refusal, meaning the tendering team can match any offers, no picks involved. Lowest salary paid.
2) RoFR plus a pick in the player's original round. Higher salary tender or a 5th rnd pick, in Feeley's case.
3)RoFR or a 1st rnd pick, team can still match or receive a 1st rnd pick. Tendered salary is higher yet.
4) RoFR or a 1st and 3rd rnd pick/s. The salary here is the highest of all tenders.
Not sure of the exact #s since it follows the same % of the cap 5 increase each yr, but the difference between the salaries of the 1st and 4th tenders is quite substantial. So, that is why I believe that Phil would not have gone with the 3rd tender since i doubt seriously that anyone would give up a #1 for him (except mayube us, :( ) and get stuck paying him a salary about 3 Xs last years. Doesn't make sense to me. IMO, the 1st tender makes the most sense and therefore we could still have them and saving our pick.
Hope this clears things up for YOU. ;)

Hey man, I apologize. I just thought you didn't understand. My bad.
I know all of the tenders and 20% increase (Manning law) as well.
The fact of the matter is $1.4 million is a very low tender for someone that has league value. Philly knew there was a market for him and would have easily slapped that tender down. They have a ton of cap room, so it wasn't like it was going to be any kind of tough decision.

****BTW- there is a fifth tender that hasn't been used that is HIGHER than a first and third draft choice compensation and a little more $$$.
#4 tender on your list is NOT the highest possible tender.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Well that is a gamble you may be right on, but Philli did say they were puttin a 1 tender on him.

oh, I realize that, but iMO, it's just a bluff. I think Philly was playin' us, that's all, and a gamble i think would have been a good one to risk, considering the player involved, etc. ;)

Hey man, I apologize. I just thought you didn't understand. My bad.
I know all of the tenders and 20% increase (Manning law) as well.
The fact of the matter is $1.4 million is a very low tender for someone that has league value. Philly knew there was a market for him and would have easily slapped that tender down. They have a ton of cap room, so it wasn't like it was going to be any kind of tough decision.

****BTW- there is a fifth tender that hasn't been used that is HIGHER than a first and third draft choice compensation and a little more $$$.
#4 tender on your list is NOT the highest possible tender.

Exactly............ "welcome aboard" !!
i still LUV yA !! ;) :D
What's this 5th tender? Ain't heard about that one that I recall. I wuz just looking at the CBA and didn't see it there. But then again, I wasn't looking for it either!! :lol:

You may be right and they may have bluffed. But like one already said 1.4 on a a qb that has value is not expensive, especially for a team that has teh space. Like some still believe he was teh #3 qb, I believe he was teh 2, yep I am gullible but to mee Feeley played head and shoulders better than Koy ever has.

Exactly............ "welcome aboard" !!
i still LUV yA !! ;) :D
What's this 5th tender? Ain't heard about that one that I recall. I wuz just looking at the CBA and didn't see it there. But then again, I wasn't looking for it either!! :lol:

I'm not totally sure what exactly it is. I do know it is existence, because I've heard it discussed by Mort (as well as others) about OGUN. I don't think he even knew because all he said was there was a higher tender yet Miami might consider (he didn't discuss compensation or $$$ value). I don't think it has EVER been used before. I'll put an APB out on Clump to see if he knows or if I am wrong about this.
PEACE!!!!

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
You may be right and they may have bluffed. But like one already said 1.4 on a a qb that has value is not expensive, especially for a team that has teh space. Like some still believe he was teh #3 qb, I believe he was teh 2, yep I am gullible but to mee Feeley played head and shoulders better than Koy ever has.

That could very well be but i still don't think so when you consider what most backups make without even considering what 3rd stingers make. feeley made 389K last yr close to the min and all you'd expect from a 3rd stringer. Alot of backups last yr earned in the 500 to 750k ranger for the most part. Cap space didn't have much to do with it as far as the Eagles are concerned but i doubt they would just throw away a mil plus on a bet like that tho. besides, feeley has always been listed as the eagles #3.

I'm not totally sure what exactly it is. I do know it is existence, because I've heard it discussed by Mort (as well as others) about OGUN. I don't think he even knew because all he said was there was a higher tender yet Miami might consider (he didn't discuss compensation or $$$ value). I don't think it has EVER been used before. I'll put an APB out on Clump to see if he knows or if I am wrong about this.
PEACE!!!!

Cool !

Callin' tha Cap-meister.......callin' tha cap-meister!!

Come in cap-meister !!!

:D

Cool !

Callin' tha Cap-meister.......callin' tha cap-meister!!

Come in cap-meister !!!

:D

Clump has confirmed that there is a fifth and higher RFA tender, but even he is not aware of the details of it. He said he would try and find it.

****BTW, I have him on the thread: Players restructure?? Zach, Bowens, Mare...

Back
Top Bottom