Warner to be released... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warner to be released...

Good..I hope he finds a team that has a warm space on the bench for him and his wife. :D

Here is the question I pose is Warner better than Feidler? Also Warner could probably be signed to a 1 year deal for cheap.

warner couldnt play our scheme. warner, when he was "great" was dropping 3-5 and getting rid of it with those WR's and Marshall Faulk as a reciever alot. i dont think warner could deal with a "run first" offense.

Still talking QB. Do you people honestly believe that with the amount of money we spent on AJ to qb our team that we're still going to go for another? Especially one like Kurt Warner? Come on people. Get real. I'm getting tired of all this qb talk. We are not going to pay more money for a qb.

I just posed a simple question would Warner be better than Feidler. In posing that I wanted to see if anyone would rather have Warner and AJ over Jay and AJ.

Fins2theend said:
I just posed a simple question would Warner be better than Feidler. In posing that I wanted to see if anyone would rather have Warner and AJ over Jay and AJ.

In that case, we don't know how AJ is going to work out yet. I personally didn't see him play those 5 games for the Eagles. I understand RS did tons of research on AJ, but he's going to need to earn my confidence and I think they took a huge and costly gamble on him. I don't believe Warner is any better than Fiedler and I wouldn't spend money on bringing in a qb like Warner.

njfinfan said:
Still talking QB. Do you people honestly believe that with the amount of money we spent on AJ to qb our team that we're still going to go for another? Especially one like Kurt Warner? Come on people. Get real. I'm getting tired of all this qb talk. We are not going to pay more money for a qb.

How much did we pay, exactly? We broke the bank on him, right? He's gotta be deemed the starter due to his pricetag... right? Lets have a look at it, shall we?

We gave up a 2005 2nd rounder. According to the value chart, that's equivelant to drafting a QB in the 3rd this year. Yep, I can see why he's being named the starter already. Oh wait.... that was a CONDITIONAL 2nd rounder. What are the conditions? Do you know? I can't seem to find them, so I'm asking Jason Cole (I'll let you know if he answers). My football knowledge tends to lead me towards thinking that the condition is based on his playing time. Lets say he doesn't see a snap of playing time due to having lost the competition with Jay. That lowers the pick we traded to say a 3rd in 2005. That again is equivelant to drafting a QB in the 4th round this year. Yep... he's our boy.

Just so you all know ... I have enough virtual C4 in my virtual garage to blow up any "Sign Kurt Warner" bandwagon that hits the road! :bombyou:

STILL don't believe me? Okay... lets spell it out nice and simple for you:

Name Depth Team Salary
Feeley 2nd Miami 455000
Stoerner 4th Miami 455000
Detmer 2nd Atlanta 760000
Wright 2nd Ravens 535000
Peete 2nd Panthers 1000000
Weinke 3rd Panthers 1000000
Quinn 2nd Bears 550000
Holcolmb 2nd Browns 975000
Beuerlein 2nd Broncos 1000000
Jackson 3rd Broncos 535000
Kanell 2nd Broncos 535000
McMahon 2nd Lions 1368000

That is only base salary... no signing bonus included... but if you notice Feeley is making the less base salary than many 3rd stringers and equal to our 4th stringer. Even WITH his bonus, (1.05 total hit) he's near or less than 3 2nd stringers and a 3rd stringer on that list.

I see NO basis for us not selecting a QB in the draft, or picking one up. With drawing a 4.3 million cap hit... I can't see us keeping Fiedler around if he DOES loose the job to Feeley. Not to mention the Sage hasn't even signed our tender so technically Stoerner is our 3rd QB at the moment. Don't assume that we're done at QB or think someone ludacris for wanting another QB just because we traded for Feeley.

All that said...

Just say NO to Warner in Miami.

finfan54 said:
warner couldnt play our scheme. warner, when he was "great" was dropping 3-5 and getting rid of it with those WR's and Marshall Faulk as a reciever alot. i dont think warner could deal with a "run first" offense.

What exactly is our scheme? Is it the same one that Norv was running when he was here? That's what I have heard. If it's true, then Warner should be very comfortable with it.

My concern about getting Warner is that he looked bad in St. Louis when he didn't have a great line. If we annointed him starter and our line isn't right, he won't do it for us...

Never say never cos anything's posible. You just never know what's gonna happen. I don't think we'll be getting him but I'd not be shocked if we did.

Ozzy rules!!

In Warner's last 5 starts, he has:

* 4 TDs and 10 interceptions;
* a staggering 11 fumbles lost;
* a QB rating in the 67-to 70 range

Just say NO.

Back
Top Bottom