Warner to be released... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warner to be released...

njfinfan said:
Still talking QB. Do you people honestly believe that with the amount of money we spent on AJ to qb our team that we're still going to go for another.

YES

We have one uproven QB that didnt play last year and another that did play and proved over the last 3 years he cant stay healthy or get us where we want to go.

I'll say it again....YES

I personally dont want Warner but I posed the question to get the thoughts of the others in here on him. I do think we need another QB and I have said it before I really think Robert Kent is a good QB and will be available probably in the 6th. He is a very mobile QB with a big armthe knock on him is he played for Jackson State and his accuracy is a bit erratic at times.

Wait the rams are supposed to have a very good O-line? How is it that warner got hit enough to fumble?Dolfanreal69

Warner woudl have made more sense than Feeley.

We could have gone Warner/Rookie and had a QB for now and one for the future.
There is nothing wrong with Warner. He was injured and then just could not get back into the lineup.

He isn't what he use to be, but he can play. He was too good for too long to dismiss him.

Except at the league minimum, I wouldn't want him...he does not fit too well into our scheme and does have a history of concussions, as well as the thumb injury that could pop up at any time...Because of his injury history, I don't think he is worth losing Rosenfels over...

Fin-atic, I'm not even going to get into this with you again, because I'll keep repeating all my same arguments. Suffice it to say that when you look at Warner's last three years, he has shown a marked decline in ability and results. He would not be a good fit here.

So noted Doc. I agree no need to hash it all out again. I think there are many factors that came into play in Warner's "decline". Many not his fault.
IMO he is less of a risk than AJ Waterboy.

I believe the risk of Warner is the same as AJ Feeley. Have you seen Warner play in the last two years? Plus you have NO idea how he plays without Faulk, Bruce, Holt, That third fast guy, turf. Also he has injury problems and he is a cancer.

Yes i agree Warner is not the option reminds me too much of Brian Griese do we really need another one of those here. We need qbs that will get rid of the ball quick enough and have enough mobility to avoid the initial pass rush.
Maybe we should start a bandwagon NO TO WARNER!

Rick wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't take a look at Warner. The guy seems to have lost his touch, but if we could get him in for a look? I'd take a chance at vet minimum. I don't know how Warner would be incapable of handing a football off to Ricky, and the scheme the Rams run is similar to what Norv had in place here, right?

As for mobility? Uh, since when did Feeley become closer to Vick, then to a pocket passer? So, if the OL struggles, then only Jay with his mobility has a chance. That is the only thing Jay brings to the table though.

you can take a look at him but at this point unless we release fiedler do we really need another qb. from the mobility standpoint the past few years if you arent able to move around and scramble you must step up in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly which warner has shown lately that he is unalbe to do. The longer you hang out in the pocket without releasing the ball the more of a chance of a fumble occuring

With Ricky carrying the load and Chambers, Boston and McMichael to throw to ... I think Warner would do just fine. He doesn't have to throw for 400 yrds like he did with the Rams. Just throw for 250 consistently and about two TDS a game.

The guy is a winner.

Like I said there are lots of reasons for the troubles he had. Some were his, but plenty were not.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I believe the risk of Warner is the same as AJ Feeley. Have you seen Warner play in the last two years? Plus you have NO idea how he plays without Faulk, Bruce, Holt, That third fast guy, turf. Also he has injury problems and he is a cancer.

You also dont know how he would perform with Ricky, Boston, Chambers, and McMichael. I think if this guy will sign for the vet minimum then sign him and cut Feidler. The more I think about it this could be another need a change of scenery guys. We have potentially one of the most potent offenses in football. I believe Warners troubles last year came from the thumb injury and lack of confidence. One can heal the other could be an issue. Now I love how Saulsbury (sp) says this guy cant get it done anymore...... Oh wait didnt they say that about this guy for years and then he comes in and proves it with an MVP trophy.

IMO Warner was a system guy. Drop back and throw to a spot. We don't have that kind of system.

I vote NO

Back
Top Bottom