Wary of which team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wary of which team?

M-REAL

"Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"
Reaction score
When all is said and done, which team or teams should the Dolphins be wary of this season?

Originally posted by marcusreal
When all is said and done, which team or teams should the Dolphins be wary of this season?

I think any one of them could be dangerous, but I think the Bills will be the team that will be the biggest threat to the Fins for the division.

We should be wary of all the teams we should crush, Dallas, Houston etc. We don't want to get laxed when we play these guys.

Hate to say it...

Buffalo (just hate to admit it, though), NY Jets (always dangerous, even if they're like 0-10), Cleveland (getting better all the time), K.C. (Vermeil [sp?] - Holmes - dangerous), San Diego (Brees to Boston? - Montana to Rice/Taylor?), and Baltimore (Ozzie rules).

Also Jacksonville. I'll be at that game (I live in the area). New coach (thank God! - Coughlin was such a stupid a$$hOl3), good defense, scrambling qb always a problem (Gerard or Leftwich - Brunnel is finished)... hostile crowd with average IQ of about 30. Finally, it's as hot or even hotter here in NE Florida than in Miami - no sea breeze at Alltel.

If I had to pick 1 team, it would have to be from the AFC East and have to be the Bills, particularly since we play them 12/21 in Buffalo.

THE ROAD GAMES.....

@NY Jets
@Jacksonville
@NY Giants
@San Diego
@Tennessee
@Dallas
@New England
@Buffalo

I'm confident in the Phinz at home. The toughest home game will be Monday Night against the Eagles.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Re: Hate to say it...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
NY Jets (always dangerous, even if they're like 0-10),

LOL! Ain't that the truth. It's ALWAYS been that way. I used to refer to them as "pests" because they could be a 3-13 / 5-11 team, and at least one of those wins would be against us. Never seen anything to beat it. They go nowhere, have no chance at post season play, yet they manage to tarnish our record in what ought to be a "gimme" game. (shakes head)

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
THE ROAD GAMES.....

@New England
@Buffalo

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:
especially the 2 in Dec. I am glad we have them since winning those 2 games will be the watermark for this team. If we win both, that says lots for our SB chances.

Re: Hate to say it...

Buffalo (just hate to admit it, though), NY Jets (always dangerous, even if they're like 0-10), Cleveland (getting better all the time), K.C. (Vermeil [sp?] - Holmes - dangerous), San Diego (Brees to Boston? - Montana to Rice/Taylor?), and Baltimore (Ozzie rules).

Also Jacksonville. I'll be at that game (I live in the area). New coach (thank God! - Coughlin was such a stupid a$$hOl3), good defense, scrambling qb always a problem (Gerard or Leftwich - Brunnel is finished)... hostile crowd with average IQ of about 30. Finally, it's as hot or even hotter here in NE Florida than in Miami - no sea breeze at Alltel.

I'll be at that game too....we should hook up.....we will be staying with my GF's sister and family.....her(the sister) husband works for the stadium crew or something like that...so they are hooking us up with tickets too.

Re: Re: Hate to say it...

Originally posted by Agua
LOL! Ain't that the truth. It's ALWAYS been that way. I used to refer to them as "pests" because they could be a 3-13 / 5-11 team, and at least one of those wins would be against us. Never seen anything to beat it. They go nowhere, have no chance at post season play, yet they manage to tarnish our record in what ought to be a "gimme" game. (shakes head)

Yeah, but I can also remember lots of times where they seemed to be "flying high" and thinking that they were "all that" only to have us "bring them back down to Earth". :rolleyes: :tongue: :lol:

'82 AFC Championship (14-0 [?], mud bowl)
'86, I think, where they came in on Monday night something like 10-1 and they were all like "this is the year, this is the year". I think we won that game 45-3 and then they went on to lose EVERY single remaining game!!! :lol: :tongue: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by marcusreal

The Dolphins. Thier success is on THIER shoulders, they are the ones that fell apart last year. The team has talent, will they find the heart.

I hate to keep bringing up the heart issue, but until this team gets over the weak finishes, then don't tell me "this time they really want it"

Re: Re: Wary of which team?

Originally posted by Emskirch

The Dolphins. Thier success is on THIER shoulders, they are the ones that fell apart last year. The team has talent, will they find the heart.

I hate to keep bringing up the heart issue, but until this team gets over the weak finishes, then don't tell me "this time they really want it"

I totally agree, the heart is the issue..they only have themselves to worry about..they play up their talent each and every week, no one should be able to beat them..but since this is the NFL...they will lax on someone and get beat..their have the talent to go 12-4..but do they have the HEART to do it.

Re: Re: Re: Hate to say it...

'86, I think, where they came in on Monday night something like 10-1 and they were all like "this is the year, this is the year". I think we won that game 45-3 and then they went on to lose EVERY single remaining game!!! :lol: :tongue: :D

LOL!! Thanks for reminding me of that one! I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that game. Yup, that was hilarious. It was all the more funny because we were having a pretty crappy season that year.

The clock play game put an end to their season back in 94 at a time when they were pretty full of themselves and sitting, IIRC, at a tie with us for first(?). Their season, and in fact the next several years, went in the crapper for them after that.

Back
Top Bottom