Was anyone as injured a team as the Jets? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was anyone as injured a team as the Jets?

Was anyone as injured as the Jets this season? (read below)

• Yes.

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No.

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A particular Jet fan around here is convinced the Jets would be right in the thick of the playoff race if they weren't "the most injured team in the league, by far." I contend, as I did over the summer, that they weren't going to be very good anyway, long before losing four red chip starters, and a handful of other "key" contributers.

But, for the sake of objectivity, this poll is not about their playoff chances back in August. This poll merely asks: Are there any other teams in the NFL who've suffered as many (or more) key injuries in 2005 as our beloved Jets? (yes, suspensions count)

Here's a link to the full injury list of all NFL teams...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/injuries

Please take a long look at the list before answering... If you truly feel no team has suffered such bad luck as the Jets, then by all means give our good Jets friends their due and vote no. If you feel any teams -- such as Minnesota, Philadelphia, Green Bay, New England or Arizona (to name a few) -- have suffered just as many, or more, please vote yes.

I voted no. They lost two QB's, in my book that is alot. I didn't realize we had 11 guys on IR.

cnc66 said:
I voted no. They lost two QB's, in my book that is alot. I didn't realize we had 11 guys on IR.

Granted... but does Fiedler really count? Is he considered a "key" loss? At 34, and not very good to begin with?...

PressCoverage said:
Granted... but does Fiedler really count? Is he considered a "key" loss? At 34, and not very good to begin with?...

doesn't matter what we think, THEY counted on him, be glad he didn't play more, they would have more victories. And hey, they are my most hated team so this is just opinion, it's ok with me for you to hate them your way...we are both right.:goof:

ok, noted... but on that side argument, i don't think Fiedler was going to do much with that group... and he wouldn't have even had the game Bollinger did Sunday

The injury big has really gotten to the Jets this year and it won't let go. Alot of there leaders and playmakers are on IR and most of the guys starting right now are 2nd string guys. So I voted no.

Philadelphia has 2 starters remaining on offense from opening day....and have lost an all-pro starting corner on defense too. The Jets injuries while severe i think could have equated to the team winning 7-8 games. But...they failed to do that, proving that they probably weren't going to be that good of a team this year anyway.

As a Jet's fan, i have to vote yes on this poll, the Pat's suffered key injuries, as well as the Eagles. For some reason, this franchise just utters the word "Failure" it seems to me that this team gave up around the middle of the season. I went to the Panther's game in Charlotte, and we played great in the first half, and then in the 3rd quarter, it looked like the team gave up. We were not as good as people thought at the start of the year.

IMO the Packers, Patriots and Eagles had even injuries. The Jets were not a playoff team anyway, but they obviously wouldnt be 3-12. I voted yes, since the Pack and the Pats got it bad too.

As a Jets fan, I think that while we have a lot of injuries, we wouldn't be in the thick of a playoff race. I think this team, with the schedule we had, was something like 7-9, 8-8 if 100%.

But, we did lose a lot of guys. Starting QB, backup QB, starting RB, backup RB, #3 WR, #5 WR, starting TE, starting C, starting RT, starting DT, starting LE, starting WLB, starting SLB, #2 CB all missed time, most missed a LOT of time.

The Packers got hit hard. Lost a lot of skill position players and that brought them down mentally. The Jets got hit hard too, but what about week 1's 27-0 loss. What's your excuse there?

Jets Fan said:
As a Jets fan, I think that while we have a lot of injuries, we wouldn't be in the thick of a playoff race. I think this team, with the schedule we had, was something like 7-9, 8-8 if 100%.

But, we did lose a lot of guys. Starting QB, backup QB, starting RB, backup RB, #3 WR, #5 WR, starting TE, starting C, starting RT, starting DT, starting LE, starting WLB, starting SLB, #2 CB all missed time, most missed a LOT of time.

granted... you have had a heavy dose of the injury bug...

for the record, Robertson and Ellis injuries are fairly recent, no? last two games?

PressCoverage said:
granted... you have had a heavy dose of the injury bug...

for the record, Robertson and Ellis injuries are fairly recent, no? last two games?

Yeah, they've just missed time recently. Although, Robertson's knee has been bothering him all year. He just began to sit out recently.

Back
Top Bottom