Was anyone as injured a team as the Jets? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was anyone as injured a team as the Jets?

Was anyone as injured as the Jets this season? (read below)

• Yes.

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No.

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
HysterikiLL said:
The Packers got hit hard. Lost a lot of skill position players and that brought them down mentally. The Jets got hit hard too, but what about week 1's 27-0 loss. What's your excuse there?

Like I said, I don't think this team was a playoff team when 100%. The OL, when completely healthy, was not a good fit for the new system. 7-9, 8-8 is likely what a healthy Jets team would've been.

I think the Packers had it worse. Philly and Jets battle for second worst

I voted no for one main reason, they lost 2 QBs.

The Packers would be next in line I think but with both teams preseason I feel
the Jets had the best chance at the playoffs of those two.
Next I would have to chose the Patriots, they did lose alot of key positions in
the OL and secondary as well as a few RB, but apparently they were able to
overcome many of those injuries and win the division.

Fourth for me would be the Eagles, as I think their biggest problem was off-field
with the TO thing and he def was not injured.

Ya think any NFL team could make the Playoffs with the 1st and 2nd QB injured
for the season and week what? 3? 4? not sure when they went down but was
very early. Yeah the pack or patsy def would do better with /shrug who was at 3rd QB?

Yep that hurts.

i voted no, its definately had the biggest impact too.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Philadelphia has 2 starters remaining on offense from opening day....and have lost an all-pro starting corner on defense too. The Jets injuries while severe i think could have equated to the team winning 7-8 games. But...they failed to do that, proving that they probably weren't going to be that good of a team this year anyway.

We played FIVE different QBs and our top 2 were gone after week 3 while at least Philly had McNabb half a season. It's not even close- we played 5 QBs(that alone makes ti worse than anything anyone else has gone through) but also have ONE Ol playing in the same position they started the year at, lost a starting TE, a HOF RB, our reliable 3rd down WR, a PB DE, a big time DT, our best defensive player from a year agao and emotional leader of the D, our best STs cover guy,... In the past few years we've lost a few key guys and still been successfull but this year there's no way we had a chance after Chad and jay went down.

nyjunc said:
We played FIVE different QBs and our top 2 were gone after week 3 while at least Philly had McNabb half a season. It's not even close- we played 5 QBs(that alone makes ti worse than anything anyone else has gone through) but also have ONE Ol playing in the same position they started the year at, lost a starting TE, a HOF RB, our reliable 3rd down WR, a PB DE, a big time DT, our best defensive player from a year agao and emotional leader of the D, our best STs cover guy,... In the past few years we've lost a few key guys and still been successfull but this year there's no way we had a chance after Chad and jay went down.

Yeah but McNabb was injured week 1 and played through it, not playing well, not helping the team either. Costing the Eagles numerous wins. Your point about playing FIVE different QB's is mute, since Kingsbury and Fiedler hardly played, and most of those QB's the Jets sent out their were terrible anyway. Curtis Martin too played more than half the season, granted he was injured too, but with the way he looked i dont think he'd have gotten 1000 yards this season anyway. The Jets in my opinion had enough talent to win 7 or 8 games with the current team they have, they just did a very poor job losing numerous winnable games leading me to believe if Healthy they probably wouldn't have done anything anyway.

nyjunc said:
In the past few years we've lost a few key guys and still been successfull but this year there's no way we had a chance after Chad and jay went down.

with the losses you sustained in free agency, and the general age and lack of real talent at key positions... you didn't have much of a chance with Chad or Jay either... which is really the whole point...

The Patriots had many of their key players hurt all year, so did the Eagles, and also the Packers.

Yeah but McNabb was injured week 1 and played through it, not playing well, not helping the team either. Costing the Eagles numerous wins.

He gave them a better option than anyone else, they won 4 games w/ him at QB and only 2 the rest of the year.

Your point about playing FIVE different QB's is mute, since Kingsbury and Fiedler hardly played, and most of those QB's the Jets sent out their were terrible anyway.

and had Jay played we would have had a much better chance to win. I'll accept the Kingsbury point but the facts are we played 5 QBs and we lost our top 2. Show me a team that has been successful losing their top 2 QBs and playing 5 in a season?

Curtis Martin too played more than half the season, granted he was injured too, but with the way he looked i dont think he'd have gotten 1000 yards this season anyway.

he was hurt in Week 2, he was on pace for over 1,000 until the last game he played but he was clearly not himslef and we had no passing game to help him and no Ol to open holes.

The Jets in my opinion had enough talent to win 7 or 8 games with the current team they have, they just did a very poor job losing numerous winnable games leading me to believe if Healthy they probably wouldn't have done anything anyway.

7-8 games? :lol: again, show me the teams that have been successful losing their top 2 QBs during the year then playing 5 QBs.

with the losses you sustained in free agency, and the general age and lack of real talent at key positions... you didn't have much of a chance with Chad or Jay either... which is really the whole point...

We didn't lose much at all in FA and the players we lost had bad seasons in new places. had we been healthy we would have been fighting for the division.

I'm sure the Packers feel real sorry for the Jets.

Played their HOF QB all year, we played 5.

The Patriots had many of their key players hurt all year, so did the Eagles, and also the Packers.

NE never lost Brady, GB never lost favre, Philly had Mcnabb half a year and they won 4 games w/ him and just 2 w/o him. You can'y include TO in the injuries for Philly as that was a suspension. If TO was an injury they'd be very close to the Jets but the Jets definitely had it worse.

as for the patriots' point about retaining brady, i would say losing an entire secondary (Pats) is quite comarable to losing a slightly above average quarterback (Jets)

but, nevermind.... despite the overwhelming argument against his excuses, he's just never gonna capitulate... in his mind, it's only injuries as to why the jets are horrible.....and, of course, no one's had it worse than his team.....:shakeno:

PressCoverage said:
as for the patriots' point about retaining brady, i would say losing an entire secondary (Pats) is quite comarable to losing a slightly above average quarterback (Jets)

but, nevermind.... despite the overwhelming argument against his excuses, he's just never gonna capitulate... in his mind, it's only injuries as to why the jets are horrible.....and, of course, no one's had it worse than his team.....:shakeno:

Where is this overwhelming argument? you keep telling certain teams gave it worse and I keep proving that not to be the case and most of the posters posting in this thread agree.

so farve losing all his wr's and 4 rb's is less then the jets?

Absolutely, you guys act like it was just our top 2 QBs. We also lost a ton of other important players but the QBs pushes us past anyone and it's not even close. Any non jets-hatre can see that and even alot of Jets-haters can see it.

Back
Top Bottom