Was anyone as injured a team as the Jets? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was anyone as injured a team as the Jets?

Was anyone as injured as the Jets this season? (read below)

• Yes.

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No.

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
nyjunc said:
Where is this overwhelming argument? you keep telling certain teams gave it worse and I keep proving that not to be the case and most of the posters posting in this thread agree.

Absolutely, you guys act like it was just our top 2 QBs. We also lost a ton of other important players but the QBs pushes us past anyone and it's not even close. Any non jets-hatre can see that and even alot of Jets-haters can see it.

this is what rubs me the wrong way about you so much... you state your opinion as flat fact for everyone... and you're so smug about it, as if it's gospel...

you've proven nothing besides your own hard-headedness against considering that there were in fact many teams as injured as the Jets, or worse... (and by the way, suspensions do count in this context, because they're still a loss to your favorite team that you also have no control over... thus, still bad luck to you)

most of the posters agree? i believe the poll has your opinion losing badly at a 2:1 ratio... while i will agree that quarterback is the most important position on the field, it is not twice as important as the others... Culpepper is a better quarterback than Pennington, Birk is a better center than Mawae... Udeze is arguably just as important to their defense as Barton was to yours... you say the Vikings were supposed to have a "big-time" D? well, so were the Jets... and yet the Vikings managed to stay competitive, whereas you guys got your doors blown off many weeks... please don't bring up Fiedler, because he was not going to make a difference... he is not a very good quarterback, so hardly a great loss... but of course, because he's a jet, he's "capable" now, huh? ... funny, to note the second post in this thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=47404&highlight=Fiedler

but really, what is your point, nyjunc? what are you trying to tell us all with your constant injury excuses? that injuries were the only thing keeping your team from a "deep run" in the playoffs? is that how you need to rationalize another horrid season?

your ally in this thread summed it up perfectly: the New York Jets were 8-8 or 9-7 team before the first man got hurt... period...

most of the posters agree? i believe the poll has your opinion losing badly at a 2:1 ratio

Most posters who have POSTED in this thread, of course on a dolphins site the poll will skew against the Jets especially when it's just a poll and you don't have to back up w/ reasons.

this is what rubs me the wrong way about you so much... you state your opinion as flat fact for everyone... and you're so smug about it, as if it's gospel...

The facts are what we have gone through is worse than what anyone else has gone through. You didn't show me any teams close, when a team loses it's top 2 QBs in Week 3 that makes it worse thana nything else anyone else has had add in everything else which I have stated a thousand times already and it's not close.

but really, what is your point, nyjunc? what are you trying to tell us all with your constant injury excuses? that injuries were the only thing keeping your team from a "deep run" in the playoffs? is that how you need to rationalize another horrid season?

Another horrid season? We were a kick away from the AFC Title game last year. YES had we been healthy we would have been a contender in the AFC- no doubt about it.

nyjunc said:
Most posters who have POSTED in this thread, of course on a dolphins site the poll will skew against the Jets especially when it's just a poll and you don't have to back up w/ reasons.

The facts are what we have gone through is worse than what anyone else has gone through. You didn't show me any teams close, when a team loses it's top 2 QBs in Week 3 that makes it worse thana nything else anyone else has had add in everything else which I have stated a thousand times already and it's not close.

Another horrid season? We were a kick away from the AFC Title game last year. YES had we been healthy we would have been a contender in the AFC- no doubt about it.

it IS close... in fact... two teams surpass the injuries of yours... let's just agree to disagree then.... you're not swaying me, and i'm not swaying you...

- 3 Qbs for the SEASON
- 2 RBs for the SEASON
- Center for the SEASON
- Gaurd for the SEASON
- WR for EVER
- A few defensive players.

That is huge.

BZ

Jets Fan said:
As a Jets fan, I think that while we have a lot of injuries, we wouldn't be in the thick of a playoff race. I think this team, with the schedule we had, was something like 7-9, 8-8 if 100%.

But, we did lose a lot of guys. Starting QB, backup QB, starting RB, backup RB, #3 WR, #5 WR, starting TE, starting C, starting RT, starting DT, starting LE, starting WLB, starting SLB, #2 CB all missed time, most missed a LOT of time.

There is no way the jets would be 8-8 without injures. If their team would have that type of turnaround then the pats would be 16-0, the eagles would be 12-4, and the packers would be 8-8 without injures.

fanaticfin said:
There is no way the jets would be 8-8 without injures. If their team would have that type of turnaround then the pats would be 16-0, the eagles would be 12-4, and the packers would be 8-8 without injures.

Of course not b/c 3 of the previous 4 years we made the playoffs so how could a healthy Jets team have been at least 8-8. The year earlier playing down the stretch w/ our most important offensive player playing hurt(Chad w/ a torn rotator cuff) and our best defensive player not playing(Abraham) we were still just a kick away from the AFC title Game so I guess it's silly to think if we were relatively healthy we would have been able to win 10-11 games. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom