Watch A Breakdown Of Our Final 2 Drives And The Colts Game Winning Play. I'd Love Your Thoughts! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch A Breakdown Of Our Final 2 Drives And The Colts Game Winning Play. I'd Love Your Thoughts!

2nd to last drive screen is blown up cause center takes too long to get off the combo block to the top 2nd level play side backer. Has to dump it.

2nd down no issue with that play. Make the throw put it on his hip if you have to.

3rd down don’t have gesicki in any poa ask. He’s trash at it. But Larsen gets smoked.

Maybe a quick slant would have been nice there but that’s usually a 8 yards or less gainer and it’s 3rd and 10.

This gesicki poa stuff is infuriating. Yeah you want the d to think pass there but he sucks at any poa ask or pass pro one.

Boy Larsen is bad on these. Last drive first down that tight formation running into that is gonna be tough but you want the clock to run.

2nd down looks like a zone read with a built in wr screen which the defender reads when amendola slants out to block. Amendola also called for blocking more than a yard down the los. Don’t love it cause we can’t block for squat on these ask and you really want a blitz from the d to run these things into.

3rd down again backed up I get the rise and fire to gesicki option but they are playing a sticks defense lb level and corner one.

Imo this whole drive is called the way it was cause we are backed up inside our own basically 5 yard line. He’s calling that anyway he can to gain yards on 3rd down to make room for his punter to not kick back foot against the back end zone line.

Boy Larsen is bad on these. Last drive first down that tight formation running into that is gonna be tough but you want the clock to run.

2nd down looks like a zone read with a built in wr screen which the defender reads when amendola slants out to block. Amendola also called for blocking more than a yard down the los. Don’t love it cause we can’t block for squat on these ask and you really want a blitz from the d to run these things into.

3rd down again backed up I get the rise and fire to gesicki option but they are playing a sticks defense lb level and corner one.

Imo this whole drive is called the way it was cause we are backed up inside our own basically 5 yard line. He’s calling that anyway he can to gain yards on 3rd down to make room for his punter to not kick back foot against the back end zone line.

Larsen needs to go.

I don't think Spence let him go. He's a big guy that had to stop and turn around which he did and came after him again but was already too late

Last play that broke our back wtf is Bobby mccain doing?

Spence should have put out his leg and tripped luck if he had to there. 15 yards would have been better than that and I’ve seen that call missed many times albeit usually when the leagues got a skin in the game.

Still trip him if you have to.

I think Spence thought Luck threw the ball (on the pump fake) and didn't want to risk a "late hit" penalty.

Play to win versus play to lose
Big Time quarterback versus small-time quarterback

I think Spence thought Luck threw the ball (on the pump fake) and didn't want to risk a "late hit" penalty.

Someone else did that earlier this year on our team. Maybe it was quinn. Put these qbs on their asses just don’t drive them into the ground.

So two of those last 2 drives plays were called anticipating blitz. Trying to expose aggressive defense

Neither did we get what we wanted.

Wr screen more box count vs outside count which was even but ideally you get a blitz to take away the inside pursuit angle

Second to last Drive
1st play- Perfect playcall. All of the LBs crashed on the line as soon as the ball was snapped. Blocking was good all around and the center was in perfect position to get just enough of a block on the pull for Gore to have a nice gain. But instead Tanny got conservative or just didnt process that split second decision fast enough and missed the window to hit Gore. He was looking right at him too.

2nd play- Should have audibled to a run. Colts didnt disguise the outside blitz one bit. Think we should have pounded the middle with Gore when we saw that and go for a manageable 3rd down at worst. Regardless, the call would have worked if Tanny makes the throw. It was a tough throw of course with the guy in his face, but it just didnt go his way on that one.

3rd play- Hate it. I get the thinking, but its just so damn soft. This team has no killer instinct.

Last Drive
1st play-Dont blame them for forcing the run there. Just Larsen predictably sucking that blew it.

2nd play- Absolutely hate the design of this play in that situation. Expecting our RT to cover that much ground to make the block on a DB who is playing the run is beyond stupid. Its these type of playcalls that make me question Gase.

3rd play- Whats left to say that hasnt already been said? Just as Dolphins as it gets.

I still don’t get why we are throwing Stills a dig route. I think Butler or Parker lay out and make that catch or a higher chance than Stills. Stills also deaccelerates after his cut, which I have no idea why...

Back
Top Bottom