Watch An Example Of Why Burke Threw A Fit On The Sideline And Was Hard On His Players This Week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch An Example Of Why Burke Threw A Fit On The Sideline And Was Hard On His Players This Week

Not true, FS got him, McCain following his man ends up a double coverage by both him and the Safety allowing Hopins to run free...

Thats what Zone coverage is, the football knowledge often displayed in these types of threads explains alot...

That safety up top is beaten when mccain's man transitions his skinny post to the top corner. Its an easy TD up top in single coverage.

2 houston recievers
6 dolphin in coverage

houston receiver is WIDE OPEN for a 50 yard touchdown.

a few weeks ago McCain, like Quinn etc was a stud, a star in the making.

im sure its a mental mistake and will be corrected henceforth:sorry
its not like no one knows what anyone is doing.

Not true, FS got him, McCain following his man ends up a double coverage by both him and the Safety allowing Hopins to run free...

Thats what Zone coverage is, the football knowledge often displayed in these types of threads explains alot...

Bingo.

What are you talking about? There are only 3 players in the pattern. One in the flat is covered. One up top is double covered and Hopkins is wide open. McCain is looking like a lost idiot.

tANMTfieuuXSu110mqtNiw4B4V72XY

Clip you post is late, take a SS of when mccain is next to that receiver.

That safety up top is beaten when mccain's man transitions his skinny post to the top corner. Its an easy TD up top in single coverage.
yeah its at least debatable, but it wont be as much of an easy throw as the busted coverage... In other words, he's still in position to at least defend the play, while Mccain definitely isnt...

To be clear, the second part of my post wasnt about you at all... hope that was clear...

McCain f ed up but hes the only one on that video anywhere near a houston player. Fitzpatrick covers nobody. the Linebackers cover nobody. they dont blitz they dont cover anyone.
thats some system.

Houston was in max protect. They had 7 guys blocking, and only three in the pattern. If McCain's head isn't up his butt, this play fails. Here is Wake just after the ball is released:

QjaDz2ktKOeVT6ImfWevuF0HKCuXu9

McCain f ed up but hes the only one on that video anywhere near a houston player. Fitzpatrick covers nobody. the Linebackers cover nobody. they dont blitz they dont cover anyone.
thats some system.
are you familiar with the term "zone coverage"?

yeah its at least debeatable, but but it wont be as much of an easy throw as the busted coverage... In other words, he's still in position to at least defend the play, while Mccain definitely isnt...

To be clear, the second part of my post wasnt about you at all... hope that was clear...

Oh no worries bro.

I agree, he isnt WIDE open like hopkins was, but I still think that zone fails there.

actually Mccain is the only one attempting to cover someone.
who is Fitzpatrick waving Mccain for? there is no one around him.

Sigh....you're not too familiar with zone vs man to man defense are you?? Watch vid again and he explains it perfectly.

What are you talking about? There are only 3 players in the pattern. One in the flat is covered. One up top is double covered and Hopkins is wide open. McCain is looking like a lost idiot.

tANMTfieuuXSu110mqtNiw4B4V72XY

you are aware Houston receivers were wide open on every play and their qb had the game of his life with 5 touchdown passes. its not like we were burned thru the air because we were killing the running game, they had 250 yards on the ground. I find it more than far fetched to think they wouldnt have scored on this play no matter what any of our 'defenders' did or didnt do.

you are aware Houston receivers were wide open on every play and their qb had the game of his life with 5 touchdown passes. its not like we were burned thru the air because we were killing the running game, they had 250 yards on the ground.

What does that have to do with this play?

How is he beaten:

k3TpoLF6K9oh5aICOusIcXWKK8uYuE

Go to about 30 seconds on the main film OP posted.

Mccain is top side of that WR's route. Safety is sitting deep midfield. If Mccain stays in his zone and transitions to hopkins, that whole top corner of the endzone is wide open. No way our FS can cover that. Who is that FS btw? Was that TJM? Minkah back there may have been able to make a play.

But when mccain follows that WR out of his zone, he takes away that top corner, which is where mccain ended up, looking lost. Totally agree there.

The only thing worse than someone that doesn't know what they are talking about....is someone who thinks they do.

I take a lot from these explanations bc I don't pretend do be a guru. A lot of other posters should do the same. When someone who obviously understands the x"s and o's better breaks it down clearly it should be heeded a bit more than it typically is.

What I see is a bunch of people working off of emotions trying to justify their frustrations on to things they WANT the problem to be. I'm sure there will be blame thrown on Tannehill in this thread too.

Back
Top Bottom