Watch An Example Of Why Burke Threw A Fit On The Sideline And Was Hard On His Players This Week | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch An Example Of Why Burke Threw A Fit On The Sideline And Was Hard On His Players This Week

What I see is a bunch of people working off of emotions trying to justify their frustrations on to things they WANT the problem to be. I'm sure there will be blame thrown on Tannehill in this thread too.

FH 2018 theme

Go to about 30 seconds on the main film OP posted.

Mccain is top side of that WR's route. Safety is sitting deep midfield. If Mccain stays in his zone and transitions to hopkins, that whole top corner of the endzone is wide open. No way our FS can cover that. Who is that FS btw? Was that TJM? Minkah back there may have been able to make a play.

But when mccain follows that WR out of his zone, he takes away that top corner, which is where mccain ended up, looking lost. Totally agree there.

Sorry, don't agree. If he runs straight, TJM is already running in that direction. Don't forget, that ball has to travel 55 yards in the air if Watson is going to throw it into the endzone.

IRKscuOzqM2guxg8sSNoWrnT726mjO

Sorry, don't agree. If he runs straight, TJM is already running in that direction. Don't forget, that ball has to travel 55 yards in the air if Watson is going to throw it into the endzone.

One other thing. At this point, Watson hasn't even set his feet to throw yet. He fakes a handoff to the RB and to a receiver crossing behind him.

Its hard for me to say with absolute certainty what that receiver would do, but I'm assuming he has the option to either continue the post, or break to either corner. He chose to break tot he bottom corner, imo, because mccain was there. Now I'm not defending mccain here, he blew his assignment. But I think if he maintains his zone that Watson launches that ball to the big open field to the top corner, because all of our DBS not named bobby mccain, are south of the hashmarks.

Maybe the receiver doesnt break that way. Maybe the safety gets there in time, or maybe the ball is just poorly thrown. I just think the scheme itself was bad to begin with and likely would have still resulted in a TD.

Its hard for me to say with absolute certainty what that receiver would do, but I'm assuming he has the option to either continue the post, or break to either corner. He chose to break tot he bottom corner, imo, because mccain was there. Now I'm not defending mccain here, he blew his assignment. But I think if he maintains his zone that Watson launches that ball to the big open field to the top corner, because all of our DBS not named bobby mccain, are south of the hashmarks.

Maybe the receiver doesnt break that way. Maybe the safety gets there in time, or maybe the ball is just poorly thrown. I just think the scheme itself was bad to begin with and likely would have still resulted in a TD.

I don't think that is the case, because then Watson cannot throw the ball until the receiver makes his decision. That gives the safety more time to get there and the pass rush more time to get to Watson.

I think if you dissect any game for any NFL team you're going to find poorly called plays here and there on both sides of the ball. I think you will also find players mistakes as well. It's a nature of almost any sport you read and react sometimes you're right sometimes you're wrong.

On both sides of the ball I see consistent poor scheming and failure to utilize players to their strengths. We schemed well against Mack in that game although I do think he was injured in that factored into it. None the less even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Our problem, in my view, is the propensity to give up big plays at the wrong times. I do not think you can blame the players for all of this.

Too many don't understand sports.

:munch:

hopkins ran in a straight line unmolested to the spot Mccain had vacated, where there was no one. nobody bothered him or interfered with him. the qb saw him WIDE OPEN and threw the ball to him. now if McCain had remained in his spot Hopkins would have then stopped in the center where he would have been wide open as well as the safety had gone to cover Mccains side.

Last edited:
2 houston recievers
6 dolphin in coverage

houston receiver is WIDE OPEN for a 50 yard touchdown.

a few weeks ago McCain, like Quinn etc was a stud, a star in the making.

im sure its a mental mistake and will be corrected henceforth:sorry
its not like no one knows what anyone is doing.
This Terrible absolutely TERRIBLE defensive scheme! Yeah McCain has a breakdown but the defense on the opposite side of the field are just standing around with nothing to do! At least have them rush the passer or run to the LOS! A scheme that doesn’t allow the defensive players with no player assignment is a crap ass system!

Simple...put McCain back in the slot. He's no more a boundary than McDonald is a FS.

I love how often the op uses the term frustrating in his video clips.

:lol:

It does, but apparently, they're supposed to just run around and do something else if nobody enters their zone, you know, in the 5 seconds that it takes the play to run.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure they understand how a zone D works. The gripe isnt whether or not McCain blew his assignment, because clearly he did.

It is also indisputable that by vacating his zone he left Hopkins WIDE open leading to a touchdown (Assuming McCain could make a play on the ball if it was thrown to Hopkins, or at least, wrap him up and make the tackle.)

The issue is, Burke's soft zone is a failure whether McCain makes that play or not. And we can overanalyze this one play, or watch abundant tape of teams running free through our secondary on a regular basis.

Burke can get pissed at this breakdown, sure. But he needs to be even more pissed at himself that we give up chunk yardage in the passing game on a regular basis (oh, and also cant stop the run)

I'll admit it, I'm biased here. I cant stand zone coverage AT ALL. I dont care what level we are talking about.

But Burke needs to play more man coverage. Or at least mix in Man with zone in some of his zone concepts (if you can even call it that, because frankly, I've seen better schemed zones at pop warner games.)

If we cant run a simple Cover 2 then I dont know what to tell him. Buy more of those Ipad things, because he is gonna break alot more before the season is over.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure they understand how a zone D works.

Based on a few of the replies, they absolutely do not.

The gripe isnt whether or not McCain blew his assignment, because clearly he did.

It is also indisputable that by vacating his zone he left Hopkins WIDE open leading to a touchdown (Assuming McCain could make a play on the ball if it was thrown to Hopkins, or at least, wrap him up and make the tackle.)

The issue is, Burke's soft zone is a failure whether McCain makes that play or not. And we can overanalyze this one play, or watch abundant tape of teams running free through our secondary on a regular basis.

Burke can get pissed at this breakdown, sure. But he needs to be even more pissed at himself that we give up chunk yardage in the passing game on a regular basis (oh, and also cant stop the run)

I'll admit it, I'm biased here. I cant stand zone coverage AT ALL. I dont care what level we are talking about.

But Burke needs to play more man coverage. Or at least mix in Man with zone in some of his zone concepts (if you can even call it that, because frankly, I've seen better schemed zones at pop warner games.)

If we cant run a simple Cover 2 then I dont know what to tell him. Buy more of those Ipad things, because he is gonna break alot more before the season is over.

Fair enough. I don't hate zone coverage. I hate failing defenses. IMO, teams should mix it up and be less predictable, unless you simply cannot play one scheme or the other, so I agree with that part.

Back
Top Bottom