Watch Jesse Davis Work.... Err Get Worked. Smh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Jesse Davis Work.... Err Get Worked. Smh

AnthonySabaNFL

Active Roster
Reaction score
Getting beat is one thing, but then letting his man go?? Surely he thought he was getting help from the center... right? RIGHT?!?!?!

It’s almost like he actually lost him and was looking around confused as to where he went.

I mentioned this plays it was...odd. he got beat yes but he didnt really put up much resistance after the move so I'm not sure what happened there.

I think for a split second he thought he was playing RT.

it was weird that he got wide as fast as possible

This is a short set. That’s what I thought. Which means the o line expects the ball to come out to the initial primary read. If they take it away he doesn’t have time to try and go to a second. Imo that’s why davis doesn’t try to recover there on the spin. He expects the ball out immediately post snap.

You will notice the qb doesn’t take any drop after he takes the snap.

I’d like to see the alignment pre snap and immediately post snap but that’s what all indicators are. It makes no sense otherwise for a lineman to just release a guy on a spin like that and make no attempt to ride him.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need two starting caliber guards this offseason. Despite this regime's many attempts to prove otherwise, Jesse Davis is just a borderline fringe player and not a starter. Ted Larsen has been absolutely awful, and Josh Sitton can't be counted on to come back from injury and start 16 games next year at this point in his career.

I haven't done any research on who is (or could be) available in free agency, but here are some of the players in the 2019 draft that I think can really help us out:

Guards
  • Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama
  • Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
  • Ben Powers, Oklahoma
  • Alex Bars, Notre Dame (Hurt, but would be worth a rookie season redshirt)
Centers
  • Erik McCoy (STUD), Texas A&M
  • Sam Mustipher, Notre Dame
  • T.J. McCoy, Florida
  • Connor McGovern, Penn State
  • Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

I'm not a Jesse Davis fan but I see nothing wrong with his actions after he was beaten in a flash. Chasing makes it worse. Chasing can make it much worse, when as Hoops said it's a short set and the direction is toward your own quarterback not far away. The offensive lineman can end up landing upon his own quarterback's legs, or causing the defensive lineman to fail to avoid placing his full body weight on the quarterback. If Davis turns to his left he's going smack toward Tannehill and it can be 3 bodies in a pile instead of 2.

Buffalo's offensive linemen got in trouble for chasing multiple times in that game, after being beaten. The announcers called them out on it. I realize we prefer to pretend every other team has magnificent offensive lines and it is our problem alone.

You will notice too Tannehill turns his shoulders post snap completely horizontal you aren’t doing that unless you are either expecting a quick pass at or behind the los.

The only thing that counters the short set ball out of hand ask here with the o line would be that no o lineman is cutting a defender and usually tackles will cut to the play side a edge on a short set quick hitter to keep them from batting it down or worse running up field right under it.

It’s possible someone didn’t get a route adjustment at the los. It’s also possible the defense took it away post snap or tanny made a wrong read

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a Jesse Davis fan but I see nothing wrong with his actions after he was beaten in a flash.
he didn't need to instantly go wide like he was playing RT. went wide then ended up blocking a ghost

he could have stepped on James' foot with that RT get off

He was good at RT and has been mediocre as all hell at G. James is gonna command waaaaaay more than his play deserves. Not looking like the toughest decision.

This is a short set. That’s what I thought. Which means the o line expects the ball to come out to the initial primary read. If they take it away he doesn’t have time to try and go to a second. Imo that’s why davis doesn’t try to recover there on the spin. He expects the ball out immediately post snap.

You will notice the qb doesn’t take any drop after he takes the snap.

I’d like to see the alignment pre snap and immediately post snap but that’s what all indicators are. It makes no sense otherwise for a lineman to just release a guy on a spin like that and make no attempt to ride him.

Even if this is true, how about BLOCKING someone, just in case......

He was good at RT and has been mediocre as all hell at G. James is gonna command waaaaaay more than his play deserves. Not looking like the toughest decision.
The question with James is if you don't want to pay him, and Tannehill is valued, who replaces James that is better/as good and more cost effective?

Back
Top Bottom