Watch out for Seattle in the Ogun sweepstakes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch out for Seattle in the Ogun sweepstakes

KeyHawk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The missing piece of Seattle's puzzle is an impact DE player, in other words, Ogun. Hawks have plenty of salary cap room and really don't need draft picks at this time.

If the Hawks give Ogun the best offer of any team, then Miami can't do anything about it except match the offer, which is unlikely. The Fins would get Seattle's first round pick of 23, instead of a top 10 or 20 that many posters on this forum are hoping for.

Anyway, it's all speculation at this point as to what Seattle will do. However, Holmgren is giving hints here and there about splurging in free agency for that impact player.

KeyHawk

Originally posted by KeyHawk
The missing piece of Seattle's puzzle is an impact DE player, in other words, Ogun. Hawks have plenty of salary cap room and really don't need draft picks at this time.

If the Hawks give Ogun the best offer of any team, then Miami can't do anything about it except match the offer, which is unlikely. The Fins would get Seattle's first round pick of 23, instead of a top 10 or 20 that many posters on this forum are hoping for.

Anyway, it's all speculation at this point as to what Seattle will do. However, Holmgren is giving hints here and there about splurging in free agency for that impact player.

KeyHawk

Shoot, I'd take that for O-Gun.

You can always package TWO 1st round draft picks to move up.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Watch out for Seattle in the Ogun sweepstakes

Originally posted by ohall

Oliver...

Or use one to pick a player and trade down with the other to gain extra 2nd round picks (of which we currently have none).

;)

Re: Re: Re: Watch out for Seattle in the Ogun sweepstakes

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Or use one to pick a player and trade down with the other to gain extra 2nd round picks (of which we currently have none).

;)

Sounds GREAT to me as well. I think if the Dolphins can get a 1st and 3rd for O-Gun it's a freaking steal!

Oliver...

Darn, but nothing is a gaurantee.....Im not satisfied.....I can only accept a top 10 for ogun becuz thats what he is.

A first round pick and 3rd round pick for an unrestrcted free agent??

I'll take it.. Realizing that Ogun will cost way too much for this team to add to this defense.. O-gun is a baller though, I wish him luck..

With #20 and #23 i'm hoping for a philip rivers and michael clayton

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
A first round pick and 3rd round pick for an unrestrcted free agent??

Correction: A first round pick and 3rd round pick for a restricted free agent.

If he were an unrestricted free agent we would get nothing.

I'd take a second and fifth rounder for wally. Let alone first and third.

Re: Re: Watch out for Seattle in the Ogun sweepstakes

Originally posted by ohall

Oliver...

I think there is no way we should give up two first to move up, we have way to many needs and this draft is very deep at one glaring need WR so why wast that to trade up for a qb. take rivers if he is there at 20 if not take the best wr and if we have two first take the best o-line man left. If we trade up to get a qb he will just get killed, no o-line, only one wr, and williams will be facing 8 in the box every time agian trading to picks to move up is the worst move ever, look at the teams that have done it they almost never fair as well as the team with more picks. New England has built there team trade for more picks not giving them away and that all = they are in the SB, have two first and two seconds to are one first and alot less cap proplems cause they let high price vets go and fill the spot with a good cheap younger player.

WE should be looking to trade down, not up. The second round is to deep to go without a pick.

Originally posted by Stamos
WE should be looking to trade down, not up. The second round is to deep to go without a pick.
I agree, i forgot to say so in the post above, I just got stuck on the trading up thing, cause i am so sick of it, all you herd first was trade up to get Eli, now its trade up to get Rivers, first rivers was reach at 20 now after one game he is top ten, sorry I think he will be a good QB, but not a Marino type QB that can take over games with the lack of talent aroud him, he just is not that good and not worth two first even if they were the last two picks in the first round. AS i see most star players come in the first two rounds lots of times second rounders are better than top 10 picks so the more picks you have in the first two rounds the high the chance of geting star players. Look at last year Both the Jets and Saints trade two fists to trade up and the players they picked did nothing at all, Its like the old saying dont put all your eggs in one basket.

If you tender at the 1st & 3rd, I'll predict that he remains with Miami. If you tender for a 1st rd pick, then Miami will have the option of matching the offer sheet

I got a feeling we will ask for less than 1st and 3rd. Just a gut feeling. (Or an inside source, same difference)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
If you tender at the 1st & 3rd, I'll predict that he remains with Miami. If you tender for a 1st rd pick, then Miami will have the option of matching the offer sheet

why? cheaper max offers?

NAAA!! Miami tenders him for first and third, they will get it. 2 teams have already said they would do it. Thats Seattle and Philly. I would rather have Seattle sign him.

Back
Top Bottom