Watch The Afc East Get Weaker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch The Afc East Get Weaker

Back to the origional topic of teams in in the AFC east getting worse. The Jets have gotten a lot worse the past few weeks. Their o-line that was one of the best last year really was hurt with the loss of Dave S. They had already lossed their RT Tucker, but now they have to start two unproven o-lineman on the right side. Then their stud of a center has shoulder surgery. I like the match up of Gardner and Bowens against 2 guys that have started three games in the NFL. The Jets also have no depth at any postion on the o-line now. As we showed last year that can really come back to hurt you.

I really hate that a fellow phins fan could be biased or dumb enough to not see the upgrades on that roster.

Outstanding post "Dolphan"

Originally posted by dolphan
I really hate that a fellow phins fan could be biased or dumb enough to not see the upgrades on that roster.

Now could you tell us what the heck you are talking about. Enlighten us with your smarts.......so we can give a biased or dumb reply.

Re: Outstanding post "Dolphan"

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Now could you tell us what the heck you are talking about. Enlighten us with your smarts.......so we can give a biased or dumb reply.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If we can beleive for a second that some of the people on this board can open their blinders for a moment and dismiss the pro Miami bias...

1. Drew Bledsoe is replacing Rob Johnson.

2. London Fletcher is not replacing Sam Cowart...Cowart hasn't played more than 20 minutes in their last 20 games. London Fletcher is replacing Brandon Spoon.

If you can't see the improvement in those spots...get a life.

bledsoe without martin glenn coates and armstrong proved to be no better than johnson. johnson had moulds and nobody. bledsoe would have to be viewed as an upgrade, but just how much of one? brady did more than bledsoe last year so what does that mean? there would still have to be alot of question marks on bledsoe no matter if ur a biased dolphins fan or not. didnt he have a life threatening injury last year? how does that effect a qb on the grid iron? alot of questions that no one can answer except bledsoe when the season starts.

FYI:

The injury that he suffered...due to the way the body heels is actually LESS LIKELY to happen again than it was to happen in the first place. You can look it up.

How will he respond on the field? well...last I checked he did get back on the field in the AFC championship game last year. He won.

What the Bills have to worry about isn't Bledsoes passing...but providing him with a running game...the thing that has been lacking in NE between the year Martin left and last year. The last time he had a running game he led his team to the SuperBowl...technically...the last 2 times.

Its fun to be all high and mighty on Bledsoe...but he's been to 3 probowls and 2 superbowls...how many has orur QB been too?

im not totally knockin bledsoe im just sayin he's got alot to prove and that to think him or rw or any one player is a saviour is foolish. as to him already playing well he played half a game or so. thats nothing compared to lasting the whole season. definately an upgrade but a saviour highly doubtful

Originally posted by stan marino
im not totally knockin bledsoe im just sayin he's got alot to prove and that to think him or rw or any one player is a saviour is foolish. as to him already playing well he played half a game or so. thats nothing compared to lasting the whole season. definately an upgrade but a saviour highly doubtful

Well said. It is vey similar to our situation with RW. We are better now because he is on our team, but just because he is a Dolphin is no reason to beleave our running game wil go from horrible to great. The same applies to Buffalo, Drew is deffinitly better than Johnson or Van Pelt, but to think they are going to be alot better just because of him is foolish. If their o-line give him the same protection as it gave Van Pelt and Johnson then he probable won't make it thru the first 5 games. Either way it was a good start to building a winner.

I think thy doth profess too much

If we can beleive for a second that some of the people on this board can open their blinders for a moment and dismiss the pro Miami bias...

1. Drew Bledsoe is replacing Rob Johnson.

2. London Fletcher is not replacing Sam Cowart...Cowart hasn't played more than 20 minutes in their last 20 games. London Fletcher is replacing Brandon Spoon.

If you can't see the improvement in those spots...get a life.

First of all, and most important, take a tolerance pill......or a maturity pill. There is no reason in the world to come off like you did just because someone disagree's with you.

Bledsoe has not done anything to impress for more than a few seasons. Did you happen to watch the breakdown of Bledsoe during the Super Bowl hype or draft day? He clearly showed that Bledsoe's reads are rushed and suspect at best. He has been a proven LOSER and is battered and old. That said, while it's possible he could prove to be an upgrade, I look for him to be about the same. Now if that's what you call blinders, then i'd say you haven't watched him play much recently or havent taken into account that his play has SUCKED. BTW - He did play on the Super Bowl champs last year and stunk up the place, then as soon as he gets hurt/benched they go on to win the Super Bowl. Bledsoe is no savior......

Second, ok.....you say Fletcher is replacing spoon, not Cowart. Hmmmm....was Cowart not going to play MLB for the Bills this year? Are you saying Fletcher would have beat out Cowart head to head had they both been in camp? If you are, I go back to what I said, you need to watch more football. Cowart (if healthy) is better. Regardless if you agree or not, had they not let Cowart go he'd be a Bill this year, but they let him walk and they lost his skills.

You may not agree with either arguement, but to say that there is no arguement on Bills upgrades or downgrades makes you the one that's not seeing things.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as Cowart was a free agent...I don't see how you can pencil him in as the starter on a team he has no contactual ties to.

Last years starter was Brandon Spoon. This years starter is London Fletcher.

On top of that obvious statement...Cowart is coming back from a pretty major injury. There is no way to tell what he is going to bring from this point on.

And lastly...Bledsoe is replacing ROB JOHNSON.

Those are upgrades whether you like it or not.

"Now come on Bills fan!....the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem. You said Drew didn't get much help, but he was completely in the tank when he was injured/benched last year in NE. The Patriots had the best team in the league last year AFTER Bledsoe was sat down. He was a major part of their problem, largely due to his poor reads and rushing the ball out to the wrong WR. Ron Jaworski broke this down beautifully when he compared Bledsoe to Brady on his show. Bledsoe used to be one of the top QB's in the league, and this change COULD improve him....but he hasn't played at that level for a long, long time. I think the Bills are in trouble if they put the load on his shoulders...but that's what the games are for....so we'll all know soon enough."

You make very good points!!! I guess we will find out.

Lets take a look see "Dolphan"

Seeing as Cowart was a free agent...I don't see how you can pencil him in as the starter on a team he has no contactual ties to.

Last years starter was Brandon Spoon. This years starter is London Fletcher.

On top of that obvious statement...Cowart is coming back from a pretty major injury. There is no way to tell what he is going to bring from this point on.

And lastly...Bledsoe is replacing ROB JOHNSON.

Those are upgrades whether you like it or not.

Jay Fiedler has never seen his team win less than 11 games as a starter...can Bledsoe say that?
When was the last time Bledsoe made the Pro Bowl?
When was the last time Bledsoe won more games than he lost in a season?
When was the last time Bledsoe stayed healthy all year?

PS - Who played better over the last two seasons - Jay Fiedler or Drew Bledsoe in the games they started?

Those issues make him less than a sure thing whether you see it or not. People question if Jay Fiedler should be our starter, yet he's outplayed Bledsoe in each of his years as our starter........yet you accept Bledsoe based on the job he did several seasons ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stupid question was whether or not Bledsoe is an upgrade at QB over Rob Johnson.

Which he is...many times over...

Why cant people see that?

Back
Top Bottom