Watch The Phins Keep 8 In To Block And Still Give Up The Sack. Smh | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch The Phins Keep 8 In To Block And Still Give Up The Sack. Smh

If Tannehill could lead a receiver with accuracy, and think just a bit faster, that man has a step on the defender and nothing but green to the end zone. It's a game of inches and to a guy with a different playing style (skill) that's an easy play. I say that being a spoiled Miami Dolphin fan from back when we had Dan Marino, which maybe raised the bar to an unrealistic level. But we have seen that play go for big yards when the quarterback can hit that with a quick release.

absolutely. you would think Tanny was the first qb ever to be blitzed -reading the apologists here.

Things is Tannehill has always been pretty good against the blitz. He was top 5 in the NFL in 2016 per PFF with a 105 rating. I don't know how much stock I'd put in this.

Things is Tannehill has always been pretty good against the blitz. He was top 5 in the NFL in 2016 per PFF with a 105 rating. I don't know how much stock I'd put in this.

He will always have a good passer rating vs the blitz because a receiver will be wide open or he will eat the sack (which won’t hurt passer rating). Also that 2016 sample size is ridiculously small.

In the second half, with a manageable score, Miami just threw. Zimmer may not be the brightest bulb but he all out blitzed because he smelled blood in the water.

Miami could have operated a delay handoff. Just used the running game more. And put a Tannehill on a 2-3 step drop and the ball is out regardless. Amendola is in severe decline but even he should be able to run a sharp slant to get the ball quickly. Mediocre Devante Parker may lack the burst but he’s got size to quickly make catches on quick drop backs. Heck, even Caroo or Stills could do it.

I think fresh eyes in playcalling is needed. I was calling for all this during the game. We got blown out in the end, it at 21-17 but it was manageable and not handled right at critical junctions. You’d like to have a chance late, which got ruined by the third quarter.

In the second half, with a manageable score, Miami just threw. Zimmer may not be the brightest bulb but he all out blitzed because he smelled blood in the water.

Miami could have operated a delay handoff. Just used the running game more. And put a Tannehill on a 2-3 step drop and the ball is out regardless. Amendola is in severe decline but even he should be able to run a sharp slant to get the ball quickly. Mediocre Devante Parker may lack the burst but he’s got size to quickly make catches on quick drop backs. Heck, even Caroo or Stills could do it.

I think fresh eyes in playcalling is needed. I was calling for all this during the game. We got blown out in the end, it at 21-17 but it was manageable and not handled right at critical junctions. You’d like to have a chance late, which got ruined by the third quarter.

Biggest issue I had with the game is NE took the Vikings apart with short passing (remember that funny Brady Video) why didn't we do it? In fact, the one FG drive we had was setup by dump offs to Drake. Seems like they short game we all hate was the solution for Minny and we didn't do it.

Anthony thank you for your contributions and insight throughout this season. So very grateful for your work!
Would love to see the other eight sacks if you have the time.

~~~Cheers and happy holidays brother

A blitz and guys completely whiffing on blocks is 2 different things.

All year we've bitched about screens being used at the wrong times and this idiot doesn't use them when they are actually necessary.

Horrible horrible play calling by Gase.

That one is on Tannehill, what is he doing?! No excuse he had a clean pocket with real estate if he just stepped up. Can you imagine how his linemen must feel watching that on tape? Pathetic
You must have missed seeing that DT come free...

Back
Top Bottom