Watson Updated Suspension - 11 games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watson Updated Suspension - 11 games

It's a slap in the face to women and victims of sexual misconduct and I hope there are pickets from feminist groups outside the Browns stadium all year and that DW rots in Cleveland and they never make the playoffs again. That would be fitting karma.
And part of the reason it's like this is the owners agreed with the NFLPA for slap on the wrist punishments for such sexual crimes because they know they'll be in a situation where they'll have a top player in trouble for such and don't won't them suspended for entire seasons.

There just making sure the Texans don’t get the first pick of the draft.
The Browns will be lucky to win 2 of their last 6 games, with or without Watson. I think the Texans getting the first pick in the draft next year is extremely high compared to other teams in the NFL.

Smart move actually for Watson and the PA. If they allowed Roger to suspend him the whole year and fight it in court, if he lost, the suspension would carry into 2023. That would cost him a fortune. This deal costs him 5 mil plus 11 game checks on a million salary. The NFL still let him off real easy. At least we get Jacoby. Only good thing I see out of this news.

I'll leave a redirect for a day, this goes to the General NFL forum.
I thought about that when I posted but put it in here because of the implication it had vs the Fins when he would have played vs them before this...

It's because that's how the NFLPA set it up. They categorize offenses such as gambling as a very high offense and something like multiple sexual assaults as "minor" Also keep in mind that judge deemed all of these cases against Watson as "one" first time offense.
That’s what I still can’t understand. How is this only “one” offense and not 24? :shrug:

Calvin Ridley gets a full season for placing a $1500 bet while on a leave of absence from the league. Deshaun Watson gets 11 games for what the NFL's disciplinary process found were multiple sexual assaults and a pattern of predatory behaviour towards women.

Makes no f*cking sense.

That’s what I still can’t understand. How is this only “one” offense and not 24? :shrug:

I mean really its 28 games, gotta consider 2021 a full season suspension as well.

Back
Top Bottom