Wayne Gandy watch | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne Gandy watch

McIntosh agreed to his contract restructuring on the condition that the Phins wouldn't bring in another LT from the outside. It might not be the best way to build trust with the players to cast that aside.

I wouldn't take that for granted. That is what his agent said and his agent also said the dolphins promised they wouldn't sign or draft another tackle PERIOD. Stockar McDougle and Anthony Alabi (who is a left tackle candidate) later, apparently the Dolphins didn't really promise crap. Didn't AJ Feeley's agent say something like the Dolphins promised him they wouldn't draft or sign another QB and then they went and signed Gus Frerotte and gave him the inside track on the starting QB job?

I wouldn't assume we know what any player was promised by Saban unless we've heard Saban say it, seriously.

Gandy had some big problems last year... I don't think he'd be an upgrade over anything we have right now at LT...

ercin13 said:
Isn't wayne gandy on "whose line is it"
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day. I believe you are referring to Wayne BRADY.

bakedmatt said:
wayne gandy was a disappointment in N.O.

And we have 2 many guys competing for 5 spots already.. Save our money for the S or CB pos. in my opinion.

He'd still be an improvement on McIntosh.

burghPhinFan said:
from Sporting News 'Inside Dish'...

I agree that Gandy would be an upgrade to what we have a LT (although we haven't seen McIntosh fully recovered from his ankle surgery)...but didn't Saban make some kind of commitment to Big Mac that we would not pursue any LTs in FA if he resigned at a lower price ?? Now, I know that I read that statement in the papers....how true it was, I don't know, because I thought the statement came from his agent (I could be wrong), but IF Saban did make this concession in dealing with McIntosh, why would he reneg on that and go after Gandy ??
That would ruin his reputation with agents and players and would make things difficult for him in negotiations in the future ?? Don't you think ??

Jaj said:
He'd still be an improvement on McIntosh.

i think you're wrong. wayne is on his last leg. at least mcintosh could afford to improve over time under houck (who he played for in SD as well).

bakedmatt said:
i think you're wrong. wayne is on his last leg. at least mcintosh could afford to improve over time under houck (who he played for in SD as well).

Roman Oben improved under Houck and he's no spring chicken either. Gandy is a far more proven LT than McIntosh.

Back
Top Bottom