We are 5-3 and play two teams under .500 next two games... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are 5-3 and play two teams under .500 next two games...

This is a nice site.

As far as Lucas is concerned he ain't no Vick but he can run it. Has he practiced yet? On film his shoulder dissappeared when he hit the ground. Tough break.

I remember when Fiedler got hurt you guys were looking at our QB on our practice squad but we quickly put him on the active roster for a week until you guys found someone else. Forgot his name.

Originally posted by DenniYork
This is a nice site.

As far as Lucas is concerned he ain't no Vick but he can run it. Has he practiced yet? On film his shoulder dissappeared when he hit the ground. Tough break.

I remember when Fiedler got hurt you guys were looking at our QB on our practice squad but we quickly put him on the active roster for a week until you guys found someone else. Forgot his name.
I would not have expected Lucas to practice today. Your QB was Woodbury right ?

Lil Denny, the Jets don't have our number anymore. If we lose to them, I will feel embarassed. They have had one good game, which was last week, but everybody has a good game in the NFL. Their other only wins were against the Bills(Lucky as hell with the run backs) and the Vikings. If we can't beat them, then we have problems. I dont care if Zach Thomas is playing QB, we should be able to beat them. Ricky is playing and he dominated them last time. No reason to be worried. If we lose, then it's time to start worrying for sure.

Originally posted by phinfan34
No need to worry yet...... The loss at Green Bay was no big deal. The next two games are against teams under .500 and are against AFC teams.

what color is the sky in your world? are you kidding me? the jets right now are not the jets that we played 5 weeks ago. the ravens maybe, but we have a short week and jets want payback. i would be very afraid of curtis martin running screens and delays and off tackle all day scoring TD's. Sam madison will get burned for one big play as ussual by laverneous coles or chrebet. i read it as plain as day. green bay showed them everything they needed to see. and now rosenfels as a deer in headlights should be real fun! whoooohoooo. now i have to watch that firemen A$$hole act like a big friggin schmoe!:monkey:

Sorry guys but I can't see how any fin fans can be so confident with the current state of our team. NO TEAM WILL HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR OUR PASSING GAME WITH LUCAS AT QB. This means 8 men in the box is inevetable and there is not an O-LINE or RB in the NFL who can run successfully against an 8 man front. Maybe the Dallas Cowboys of the early 90's but certainly the 2002 Dolphins. Until a little bit of respect is earned by our passing game and most of all Lucas I can't see us winning a game until Fiedler returns. I am not a pessimistic fan, I had a good felling about the GB game, I feel I am just being realistic.

I wouldn't under estimate the Jets either. They are definately not the same team we saw in September. I was really counting on the Bills rematch with the Jets being an easier game for us, but now they all look tough. With that being said, I still don't think the Jets have a realistic shot at the playoffs. I can't see anyone from the East or West making it with less then 10 wins. I know it's possible but not likely which means the Jets would have to go 7-1 here on out.

As a Bills fan who dislikes both teams I'd have to put my money on the Jets. I'm not getting carried away with their big win over SD, but the Fins have looked suprisingly inept. The passing game is so non-existant right now that RW is becoming less and less of a big threat. Plus the defense looked a little off against GB, but then again it must be pretty demoralizing playing D when you know that your O isn't going to do squat. Fins look to be in a pretty tough spot right now. When is Fiedler supposed to return?

Also, do any of you think Zach Thomas is a little overrated? I know the media seems to be in love with him and I definately don't watch all the dolphin games, but I'm never that impressed when I do. He plays aggressive and makes tackles, but he always seems to get dragged for a few extra yards or run over before he makes a play.

Originally posted by Ed (Bills)
I wouldn't under estimate the Jets either. They are definately not the same team we saw in September. I was really counting on the Bills rematch with the Jets being an easier game for us, but now they all look tough. With that being said, I still don't think the Jets have a realistic shot at the playoffs. I can't see anyone from the East or West making it with less then 10 wins. I know it's possible but not likely which means the Jets would have to go 7-1 here on out.

As a Bills fan who dislikes both teams I'd have to put my money on the Jets. I'm not getting carried away with their big win over SD, but the Fins have looked suprisingly inept. The passing game is so non-existant right now that RW is becoming less and less of a big threat. Plus the defense looked a little off against GB, but then again it must be pretty demoralizing playing D when you know that your O isn't going to do squat. Fins look to be in a pretty tough spot right now. When is Fiedler supposed to return?

Also, do any of you think Zach Thomas is a little overrated? I know the media seems to be in love with him and I definately don't watch all the dolphin games, but I'm never that impressed when I do. He plays aggressive and makes tackles, but he always seems to get dragged for a few extra yards or run over before he makes a play.

People foget that we had 3 promising drives, where we were moving the ball really well against that D. Unfortunately, 2 ended in fumbles, and one Sharper got a pick and ran it 87 yards for a TD. The fact is, our passing game isn't as bad as it looks, and I guarantee any anxiousness Lucas had has been tripled by the fact that he is playing the Jets, and those comments by that fat ass druggie Josh Evans. It will be alot closer than I would like, but I expect a win......

That's 2 mroe losses...

... we couldn't beat the Texans or Bengals right now. Our QB sucks that much!

Oliver...

Originally posted by DenniYork
Running! O, yeah I'm running alright. I'm running to the stadium to watch the Phish get pelted. I would review the last three games the Jets played if I were you. You could even go back to the K.C. game to see where it started to turn around. As subtle as it may seem there has been a quiet resurrgence for the team as a whole. Move over Flipper!

We've lost 2 of the last four. Close ones I might add. And from K.C. till now things are clicking all over. We score now! And we will score against the vaunted "D" of Miami. Just like GB did. That was with a QB with a gimp even. We got a QB with all limbs in working order with the potential for the HOF. You wont believe it till you see it but you heard it here first.

Fresh meat I say. You can't win with running alone. Thats all you got. If Lucas starts he will embarass himself and if Rosieballs starts, well, enuff said.

That is a nice pic.

Actully Feidler only had 180 yards passing when we beet you 30-3. Lucas had that against the pack, so i doubt it will be hard to get him to 180. We ran for over 200 yards last game. I am very worried about this game though. Not so much because the Jets are playing better, but becuase this a Dolphin-Jet game. Over the years this has always been a dog fight no matter the records. I do feel comfortable with Lucas. He improved alot against Greenbay fro the Bills game, and he had 49 yards rushing. Take away his 1 bad read, and he wouldn't even be mentioned in the loss. He will improve more this week, and he will definitly be up to rock the Pennington lead Jets. For those that don't Chad is the reason Ray is a Dolphin and not a Jet.

In the first meeting things that were to your advantage in Miami:
-VT playing horrible
-injured Curtis Martin
-Team was not in shape for that heat(i will give it to you i was dying in the stands)
-defense was confused
-turnovers returned for points
-Fiedler - no turnovers

Things going against you New York:
-No Fiedler - i know people are saying Lucas will be up for this game because it's against the jets -- he should have been up for the last two - if anything he will just press more trying to prove something
-10 turnovers in 2 games
-Jets D allowing 74 yards rushing in last 3 games
-Pennington - accurate and consistent - 6TD 2INT as starter
-jets getting more ball control
-Santana Moss - if you have to punt it's dangerous
-Marting playing better - jordan showing some life

Pluses for both teams:
-decent weather
-new field

Dolphins have to prove that a strong september can translate into november/december success - don't think it will be that close of a game - jets by 10 or more.

Agreed 85. And about Josh Evans talking smack. Yeah it's one thing if it's only him. But it ain't. He's one of 11 guys that want a piece of dolphin arse. Ricky's bell is gonna get rung. More than once. Carter is gonna get rung too if the ball gets to him. Dudes are gonna get hurt. You see it's not like he's talking smack just to talk. He and the rest of his crew got hammered into submission and apparently they didn't like it. Ya think?!

No, this is a war cry. It's gonna be like Atilla the Hun bearing down on a weakening Rome. Sorry but you guys don't have a chance.

First game - why did jay only throw for 180 yards?
-turnovers - small field to work with
-williams was having his way
-points off of turnover put the game out of reach early
All in all a 180 yard day from fiedler that is mistake free is all they ask of him -- they rarely ask him to go out and win the game - play within the offense and let thing happen - he does that very well.
The problem is Lucas has been forcing things and doesn't have the benefit of Williams carrying the load. Also to defense has been forced to play much more time due to turnover and the time of possession has been lopsided. Due to that Lucas has beenput in a postion to win games and obviously he is not yet capable of that task in this offense.

Originally posted by phinfan34
Lil Denny, the Jets don't have our number anymore. If we lose to them, I will feel embarassed. They have had one good game, which was last week, but everybody has a good game in the NFL. Their other only wins were against the Bills(Lucky as hell with the run backs) and the Vikings. If we can't beat them, then we have problems. I dont care if Zach Thomas is playing QB, we should be able to beat them. Ricky is playing and he dominated them last time. No reason to be worried. If we lose, then it's time to start worrying for sure.

O.K. How many times do I have to say this. You guys are gonna get schooled.

Hey phinfanny34:

As to "if we can't beat them" then we have problems. Well we beat the Bills without a QB (Vinny). You guys lost to them without a QB (Lucas). You have problems. If you can't beat the Bills then you can't beat the Jets. Right now you couldn't beat anybody.

Ding dong the Ricky's dead, the Ricky's dead, the Ricky's dead.

Dead to rights, period. Gonna home in on Ricky like a Tomahawk missile aimed at Suddams head. Your one dimensional. End of story. O, man I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom