We are not the Packers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are not the Packers

Dr. Tomorrow

Scout Team
Reaction score
I understand that Joe Philbin came from green bay and he had a future hall of famer as his QB. And that Hall of fame QB elevated the receivers that were there. I just believe that is not wrong to try and replicate that style of play but Tannehill is not Rogers. He just isn't. I think Ryan is really good and he is getting better at some aspects of the position but to run an offense in the same fashion when you simply don't have the horses is going to produce games like we had on Sunday. Our line is terrible and Lamar Miller probably isn't Adrian Peterson( all though he hasn't had enough carries to really make any rationale prediction on him) Trying to turn this team into a team that passes 80% of the time is going to land us in 3 in outs and bad field position, routinely. I understand that it is a passing league but 10 runs a game with this roster is just going to make this team that I think can win 10 or 11 games to only at best win 8.

I think it's legitimate to be concerned about whether a converted wide receiver QB can ever optimally run an offense that was made as successful as it was by the QB with the highest career QB rating of all time.

FWIW, Rodgers was not Rodgers for the first several years but you're right, Tannehill lacks the same elusiveness to escape an abysmally bad OL so to that end, he may never be Rodgers, but has enough mobility to maybe become the guy Rodgers replaced. :idk:

Beyond that, yeah it's on the FO and coaching that the OL is our Achilles Heel, but really, considering that it is what it is, do you really think we're better off running for 1.5-2 net yards an attempt which morphs into predictable 3rd and longs?

"If you can't win with your own people, you can always mount unprovoked physical attacks on the college kids you're playing against" - not Woody Hayes

Did you just say Lamar Miller PROBALY isn't A.P.......end of thread.

FWIW, Rodgers was not Rodgers for the first several years but you're right, Tannehill lacks the same elusiveness to escape an abysmally bad OL so to that end, he may never be Rodgers, but has enough mobility to maybe become the guy Rodgers replaced. :idk:
Interestingly, though, Rodgers has been sacked 202 times in his five years as a starter, prior to this year, and led the league in sacks in 2009 and 2012, despite posting the highest QB rating of all time during that period.

Also, Rodgers's QB rating was nearly 94 in his first year as a starter, so he was indeed "Rodgers" from the beginning.

I think the offense is predictable now. Everyone knows we are trying to throw underneath and the odds of Tannehill converting a deep ball is real low. All I would like to see is just a little more balance and smart play calling. Which means, having the brain power to figure out how to get 1 yard on 3rd and a yard. It's getting embarrassing. I remember Lousaka Polite converting nearly all of his short yardage. I'm to believe a guy like that has no place on this team?

Did you just say Lamar Miller PROBALY isn't A.P.......end of thread.

Obviously, I realize that. It was a comparison that was meant to show that he's not the best but he's also no where near the worst. Sorry this went over your head.

I think the offense is predictable now. Everyone knows we are trying to throw underneath and the odds of Tannehill converting a deep ball is real low. All I would like to see is just a little more balance and smart play calling. Which means, having the brain power to figure out how to get 1 yard on 3rd and a yard. It's getting embarrassing. I remember Lousaka Polite converting nearly all of his short yardage. I'm to believe a guy like that has no place on this team?
IMO they need to implement far more under-center snaps, and far more of the running game.

Dammitt guys....Call me a homer or whatever...or maybe the dolphins have just beaten me down over the years and I'm hoping against all
hope....but to my eyes,RT is about the only thing we got going for us.

Interestingly, though, Rodgers has been sacked 202 times in his five years as a starter, prior to this year, and led the league in sacks in 2009 and 2012, despite posting the highest QB rating of all time during that period.

Also, Rodgers's QB rating was nearly 94 in his first year as a starter, so he was indeed "Rodgers" from the beginning.

Your beginning = having the luxury of sitting, watching a HOF and having your delivery tweaked leisurely before being given the starting job. By that benchmark, it would be interesting to see how THill does in his 4th or 5th year with the team

Nice try but not good enough to obfuscate your Rainmanish anti-Tannehill agenda. :idk:

Obviously, I realize that. It was a comparison that was meant to show that he's not the best but he's also no where near the worst. Sorry this went over your head.

You just compared a future Hall of Famer to a rb that will be in the CFL,in a year or two...and it's over MY head....oky doky.

Your beginning = having the luxury of sitting, watching a HOF and having your delivery tweaked leisurely before being given the starting job. By that benchmark, it would be interesting to see how THill does in his 4th or 5th year with the team

Nice try but not good enough to obfuscate your Rainmanish anti-Tannehill agenda. :idk:

I'm an excellent driver. :)

How does this thread fit with my anti-Tannehill agenda?

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...ill-Going-to-Become-a-Franchise-QB&highlight=

Seriously, did any of you see the play on 4th and 10?? That is not just a good play. There might be five other guys in the NFL who can make that play. Rodgers in GB and Tannehill are being coached the same, which is stay in the pocket and let things develop. This is why Rodgers always has high sack numbers and the same for Tannehill. If we can find ourselves a stud Tackle and Guad in next years draft and give RT 3 sec to throw the ball instead of 2.5 we would see a huge difference even in just that little amount of time.

actually, the way you stated it in the OP, you made it sound like miller hasn't had the opportunity to show that he could be as good as AP. Which, no matter how many touches Miller gets, he won't be able to even sniff, let alone hold, AP's jock strap. lol

Back
Top Bottom