We could be in the playoff race this season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could be in the playoff race this season

It's not impossible. What were the Panthers the year before they made it to the superbowl? I think it's highly improbable to turn the whole thing around in one year. A lot of the teams that make that huge bounce from one season to the next are in the 2nd-3rd year of a coaches tenure. I think it would be very impressive if Saban made the playoffs in his first year after blowing everything up(coaching staff, personnel, offensive and defensive system, etc). Everyone is going to need time to get acclimated to what Saban is trying to do and I don't think it's going to happen during pre-season.

FlyingElvis said:
I think you guys should be looking for progress. Something in the range of 6 to 8 wins this year.

But in the NFL, it doesn't take long. If you are competing for a playoff spot in year 2 under Saban, you are doing well.

Belichick was 5-11 his first year when left with Pete Carroll/Bobby Grier's roster. He performed miracles winning a SB his 2nd year. Saban still needs to purge the roster of talent left from Wanny. You can't expect him to create a roster of HIS guys in one off-season.

I agree, it should be better than last year. But it is the AFC East, that would be too tough to go 11-5

DoLpHiNz34 said:
It's not impossible. What were the Panthers the year before they made it to the superbowl? I think it's highly improbable to turn the whole thing around in one year. A lot of the teams that make that huge bounce from one season to the next are in the 2nd-3rd year of a coaches tenure. I think it would be very impressive if Saban made the playoffs in his first year after blowing everything up(coaching staff, personnel, offensive and defensive system, etc). Everyone is going to need time to get acclimated to what Saban is trying to do and I don't think it's going to happen during pre-season.

I agree completley with this one, some people on this board seem to believe we will make a San Diego jump from 4-12 to 12-4. While anything is possible in today's NFL, I think we will be more like the Carolina Panthers from a few seasons ago.

They were 1-15 in 2001, then blew up everything and hired John Fox who struggled early on, but finished strong at 7-9 in 2002, before surprising everyone in 2003, by going 11-5 and winning the NFC.

Thats the route i see us taking. Look for 7-9/8-8 with an outside shot at
9-7, but qualifying for the playoffs is a reach for us.

T tes said:
People are saying that it will take two to three years to get us back on track. That could be true, however there also is a high probility that we could be atleast a wild card spot this season. (This is just a thought)

We could of have a better record last year. We were just plagued by injuries and one bad pass (Seattle) or one bad kick (Arizona) lost us games. We had six games were we lost from 7 points or less.

We can draft a impact player with the second pick to help the offense put more points on the board while our defense that we didn't have last year could prevent them from scoring.

Miami went 9-7 even with a qb like Jay Fiedler. I know they had Ricky then, but if we draft a player like Ricky Williams (Ronnie Brown) we can win maybe even more games.

Ronnie brown is nothing like RW! RW wasa great RB ronnie will never get above average benson is like RW.

T tes said:
People are saying that it will take two to three years to get us back on track. That could be true, however there also is a high probility that we could be atleast a wild card spot this season. (This is just a thought)

We could of have a better record last year. We were just plagued by injuries and one bad pass (Seattle) or one bad kick (Arizona) lost us games. We had six games were we lost from 7 points or less.

We can draft a impact player with the second pick to help the offense put more points on the board while our defense that we didn't have last year could prevent them from scoring.

Miami went 9-7 even with a qb like Jay Fiedler. I know they had Ricky then, but if we draft a player like Ricky Williams (Ronnie Brown) we can win maybe even more games.

sounds like you are making excuses for your team quiting half way through the season. the only game the fins didnt even really show up for the patriots game, the only reason you won was cus brady is an idiot. they were in control almost the entire game.

its easy to say.. "we only lost by 7" but in those games, the fins were not really in it. the other teams were in control throughout most of those games.

you watched those games. i watched several. the fins gave up. they didnt fight to win or seem to have the same killer instinct. they seemed to be simply playing their role to finish the game. its like they said with all the offseason things that happened, they didnt expect to win, and they played, but not up to what they could have.

as for next season, you will still have AJ as your starting QB no matter who you draft. o-line problems, your safeties are eather underachievers or simply a glorified backup. surtain will be traided so you will be putting an unproven guy in to replace him. (but that guy could be good..) you need help at OLB. DT is a weakness. im assuming you draft a RB, and start the rookie, but if not, you can trade for alexander or edge (which would be a good thing for you).

then on top of that you have the hardest schedual this year, with a rookie head coach.....

all in all, i dont see a wildcard spot for the fins, much less winning the division. you will improve over last year. im guessing 7-9.

but im sure you will make fun of my team insted of say what you dissagree with in my post.

fear-the-d said:
Ronnie brown is nothing like RW! RW wasa great RB ronnie will never get above average benson is like RW.

just cus 2 players have simmilar height, weight, and body size, and run style doesnt mean they will have simmiar stats in the NFL.

Wad ball anybody?

the falcons did it with a new coach and system but NFC team there

The Falcon also did it the old fashion way. They ran the ball. Even Ron Mexico had a carry or two.:cooldude:

T tes said:

Good Post
However with a new coach, a new system and our O/Line being what it is, I think we'll need a little luck as well. But I am hoping just like you.

Why is everyone in such a rush to get to the play off's?? We'll get back into the swing of things, but it will take time. Teams don't generally go from 4-12, right into the play off's!! Let's get real here!! While anything's possible, it's exceedingly rare that we'll get into the play off's this year. Let's just take things one day at a time and not rush it!! :fire:

T tes said:

NO !

first&goal said:
Will will be in the hunt for the playoffs next year. If we were in the NFC we would be a playoff team.

And Nick Saban is NOT Wanny!!!

I think we could have a solid team depending on the draft. I think 8-8 is very possible and 9-7 isnt a stretch

Back
Top Bottom