We could be in the playoff race this season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could be in the playoff race this season

FiN.in.RI said:
Where did he say that they would? :hmmm:

every comparison between benson and R. Williams is based on those facts. size, weight, run style....

i am simply pointing out that he might look like RW but that doenst mean he is garenteed to be as good as ricky. or garenteed not to be a bust.

ch19079 said:
every comparison between benson and R. Williams is based on those facts. size, weight, run style....

i am simply pointing out that he might look like RW but that doenst mean he is garenteed to be as good as ricky. or garenteed not to be a bust.

Thanks, CAptain Obvious. :salute:

first&goal said:
Good post, i do agree with you, exept that Ronnie Brown is not Ricky Williams.

Very true, but then again, I would expect whomever we start at RB, would average better then 3.5 a carry, which is what Ricky did the year before, and we won 10 games that year.

tay0365 said:
Very true, but then again, I would expect whomever we start at RB, would average better then 3.5 a carry, which is what Ricky did the year before, and we won 10 games that year.

R. Williams did a lot more than "3.5 yards a carry" for yall. that ******* was a great RB. and im glad hes gone. :)

FlyingElvis said:
I think you guys should be looking for progress. Something in the range of 6 to 8 wins this year.

But in the NFL, it doesn't take long. If you are competing for a playoff spot in year 2 under Saban, you are doing well.

Belichick was 5-11 his first year when left with Pete Carroll/Bobby Grier's roster. He performed miracles winning a SB his 2nd year. Saban still needs to purge the roster of talent left from Wanny. You can't expect him to create a roster of HIS guys in one off-season.

Only thing is that this Miami team was averaging 10 wins a year before we lost our starting RB, Lost out 2 starting DT, promoted an inexperienced
O-Coordinator, had a D-linemen become a distraction the entire off-season (Until he was traded), had not 1 but 2 hurricanes mess with the mindset of the team in the very beginning of the season, or finally have a head coach that refused to make the nesessary changes in games to put his team in a better position to win the game.

This was not a team in need of talent or expierience, but a team that was like a dam that went through the year spouting new leaks, and it took all they could handle just to stop from totally losing it all.

FinsAreLife said:
:shakeno:9-7

I think if we can get a good RB, and the O-line holds up, this team at worse goes 9-7, and at best can win 12 games.....can not see them doing better then that with this brutal schedule.

last year we were well out of games..., where the score didn't indicate rout. Teams that played us played pretty "vanilla" they knew that we couldn't do much without an O-line..., loss of RBs, Boston, and a QB controversey.

We need an 8-8 season

tay0365 said:
I think if we can get a good RB, and the O-line holds up, this team at worse goes 9-7, and at best can win 12 games.....can not see them doing better then that with this brutal schedule.

I'd agree with you if DT (Timbo/Chester) and C (McKinney) weren't such huge question marks!

ch19079 said:
R. Williams did a lot more than "3.5 yards a carry" for yall. that ******* was a great RB. and im glad hes gone. :)

I also agree that he was great for us, and was an awesome talent, but my point was that in his last year with us, that great RB only averaged 3.5 a carry, and we still won 10 games.

Shifty187 said:
I'd agree with you if DT (Timbo/Chester) and C (McKinney) weren't such huge question marks!

As far as I'm concerned, even if we lose one of the two (Timbo/Chester), we still can be pretty effective against the run (If we lose 2 again, at least we have a head coach that will not be afraid to take chances on defense to hide our shortcomings), and as far as McKinney, this year if he starts, then he will deserve it, because we have a real O-line coach this year.

there are certainly alot of IF's but you never know

Back
Top Bottom