We got a DB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We got a DB

No...

Reality says that you can only fit x number of big contracts under the cap. ...and you have to use the couple that you have in the correct areas.

Soon, we have to pay Wilkins, and likely Tua... we are already paying Armstead, Hoard, Hill, Jones, and Ogbah...

You cant just keep adding without subtracting. Smith is a no can do
Yes...

Reality is Jones and Geisicki will be scrubbed from the books next yr and that is more than enough to afford Raquan Smith, I would think a LB like Smith qualifies as a correct area and with the TOP LB in the game.

If you get a Smith then you have the luxury of choosing which guys you want to pay because he is a no brainer keeper, I like Wilkins but he would be easy to replace compared to getting a game changer like Smith, I am not saying Wilkins is a JAG but he has never even made a Pro Bowl, Tua is getting better but again he is still proving himself.

I just said we can scrub Jones and Geisicki off the books next yr., that is 27 mil. and restructure someone, that can be done easily and we haven't asked anyone to do it in a while to my knowledge. So Smith is a very much can do but again it is probably a moot point. I generally agree with a great amount of your posts, just not this, take care my friend got to get some course work done.

Yes...

Reality is Jones and Geisicki will be scrubbed from the books next yr and that is more than enough to afford Raquan Smith, I would think a LB like Smith qualifies as a correct area and with the TOP LB in the game.

If you get a Smith then you have the luxury of choosing which guys you want to pay because he is a no brainer keeper, I like Wilkins but he would be easy to replace compared to getting a game changer like Smith, I am not saying Wilkins is a JAG but he has never even made a Pro Bowl, Tua is getting better but again he is still proving himself.

I just said we can scrub Jones and Geisicki off the books next yr., that is 27 mil. and restructure someone, that can be done easily and we haven't asked anyone to do it in a while to my knowledge. So Smith is a very much can do but again it is probably a moot point. I generally agree with a great amount of your posts, just not this, take care my friend got to get some course work done.
Wrong...

Gesick is not on the books for next year.

...and Jones's damage does not come off til the following year.

There's no spendable money there.

Trading Gesicki has to net you a third-round pick or higher... or you don't make the trade.

Because that is what he will net us in the comp formula.
Noone is giving up a third to get MG with 11 games left on his deal for 22. To even have that idea pass by you like a comet is borderline lunacy.

Yes...

I agree on moving on from Jones and Gesicki, but we do have to make a decision on Tua either next year or the following. That’s a big cap hit. I personally think that CB is our greatest rn need over LB. If we roll with Tua, which I believe we will, then we draft Jones replacement with our #1 pick and either draft, pick up a FA or trade for a young LB.

Noone is giving up a third to get MG with 11 games left on his deal for 22. To even have that idea pass by you like a comet is borderline lunacy.
We will get a 3rd as a compensatory pick if he leaves next year. Don’t have to trade him. I think that’s Grier’s strategy unless a team making a playoff run comes calling with a better offer. I could see the Packers or the Cowboys making an offer for MG.

We will get a 3rd as a compensatory pick if he leaves next year. Don’t have to trade him. I think that’s Grier’s strategy unless a team making a playoff run comes calling with a better offer. I could see the Packers or the Cowboys making an offer for MG.
I know all of that. Was simply referring to FD's comment about trading him for a third.

Back
Top Bottom