We got a DB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We got a DB

Chubb nothing special I agree with that. Smith is a stud and worth the money, this team has been missing a true 3 down mlb since that 54 guy
Agreed, Smith is a game changer and you move money elsewhere to sign him long term. Byron Jones comes to mind. He isnt worth that contract at all and we can draft a CB in April. Roquan can tackle and is a star MLB we really need to lead the defense.

Needle can't be moved in the middle of the season via an FA signing lol
Sure it can be. Odell Beckham Jr. moved the needle for the Rams last year. Duke Johnson moved the needle for us. Hell, Brandon Shell was a mid-season FA signing this year, and he’s already moved the needle. In-season FA signings move the needle all the time.

You’re not wrong that most mid-season FA signings make no impact, but plenty do.

Sure it can be. Odell Beckham Jr. moved the needle for the Rams last year. Duke Johnson moved the needle for us. Hell, Brandon Shell was a mid-season FA signing this year, and he’s already moved the needle. In-season FA signings move the needle all the time.

You’re not wrong that most mid-season FA signings make no impact, but plenty do.
Plus those players like Beckham have short lists of a few teams they’re willing to play for when they’re FA in the middle of the season like that

Why? Both would be young building blocks not rentals, a player over 30 with wear and tear I get but you don't trade for a Roquan Smith to get him for a yr. We can definitely cut some fat to accomodate one of these guys. So Hell Yes, bring them on. We won't have a Geisicki or Byron Jones next yr to name a couple of cap savings moves.
I dont think you understand how tight we are up against the cap. There is zero room for contracts like these.

I dont think you understand how tight we are up against the cap. There is zero room for contracts like these.
I see teams use cap space like they are playing with Monopoly $, not saying restructuring is the answer but if you can get a Roquan Smith then there should be no hesitation. But I doubt Chicago let's him go so it is a moot point.

I see teams use cap space like they are playing with Monopoly $, not saying restructuring is the answer but if you can get a Roquan Smith then there should be no hesitation. But I doubt Chicago let's him go so it is a moot point.
It maybe they do, Quinn got moved to Philadelphia this afternoon so Chicago is selling

No...

Reality says that you can only fit x number of big contracts under the cap. ...and you have to use the couple that you have in the correct areas.

Soon, we have to pay Wilkins, and likely Tua... we are already paying Armstead, Hoard, Hill, Jones, and Ogbah...

You cant just keep adding without subtracting. Smith is a no can do

Back
Top Bottom