We Got A Few Steals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got A Few Steals

Like Ross, I was all for trading back and acquiring extra picks, but when Fitz fell to the Phins at 11 talk about a draft day steal....no way they could have pass on the best DB in the draft.

Me too!!!!!!! I thought we were about to pass on Gronkowski 2.0, and I was going to watch the next obvious talent be bypassed like I had to do when I was jumping up and down screaming Rob Gronkowski's name and we passed on him for ... Koa Misi ... because Misi was the healthy one. I lost it then, and was about to lose it here until we FINALLY did the right thing and drafted Gesicki.

Looking back on drafts sometimes it's unbelievable how people passed on a guy who was so phenomenally talented and tests off the charts, but the same thing happened to JJ Watt when he fell to #11 overall. At least Gronkowski was coming off missing an entire season from back injury to fall to the 2nd round. Passing on Gesicki is going to look absolutely stupid for sooooo many teams over the next decade.

Don’t forget, we also passed on Jimmy Graham for John Jerry...I wanted Graham that draft in a bad way, but I liked Gronk too...

That is a great map of my stomping grounds , such surprising details so Its not to be confused as Fake news
Lol.

I think from seeing all the mock drafts and seeing what a lot of people here had to say about the TE prospects, I was surprised when we selected Gesicki and Goedert was still on the board. It seemed like most people thought he was the best TE available.

I think most just thought Goedert was the most likely pick, due to being a better blocker, and not old like Hurst.

Gesicki was easily the best TE prospect as far as pass catching/route running/athleticism/gaining yards, and it wasn't even close.

Don’t forget, we also passed on Jimmy Graham for John Jerry...I wanted Graham that draft in a bad way, but I liked Gronk too...
Yes and no. Scuttlebutt was that we were indeed targeting Jimmy Graham at least a round higher than anyone else, but Sean Payton got wind of it and drafted Graham a round earlier than we were intending to take him, and the Dolphins braintrust was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed. So that's not so much that we missed the boat as it was we were going to "reach" for him and the Saints "reached" for him before we did. We were absolutely intending to come away with Jimmy Graham from that draft.

FS, LB, slot corner, outside corner.
He played them all at a high level. Made plays in all positions. That isn't normal. Minkah is special and that is why Saban loved him so much.

Like Ross, I was all for trading back and acquiring extra picks, but when Fitz fell to the Phins at 11 talk about a draft day steal....no way they could have pass on the best DB in the draft.
Agreed, maybe should have traded our early 4th if possible for more picks, and taken another player with our 6th and taken the cb in the 7 th. Pretty sure if we were to add a nice roster bonus we could have snagged that kicker in fa.

im usually skeptical w offseason exhuberance but i think this Fall is going to be special.

and the NFL is usually like that- generally 1 or 2 teams no one is talking about advances far in playoffs. We finally have a decent team for first time for RT to work with. if our OL is just average, we're golden. D will come together by mid season and i expect O to start clicking in week 4 or so.

3-3 start, 3-2 middle, then a 4-1 finish. wildcard win, semis win, lose in conf finals.

then we can draft a QB and REALLY go places ;)

So the moves we made this offseason, including the departures, makes this the best team in 7 years that Tannehill has been here?
A strong finish from Miami at the end of the season after a .500 start, sounds unlike Miami. And then after Thill leads us to the post-season and wins twice, and shows it was the supporting cast, you are going to get a better QB with one of the last picks in the first round? This doesn't happen for teams that take a 1/4 season to get the offence clicking and 1/2 a season for the defense to click. Some part of your post might happen but seems like a long shot of a forecast.

in the mean time from rotoworld. I don't think he'll make the team
Dolphins third-year WR Leonte Carroo is believed to be competing for a roster spot this summer.

Another wasted pick by the Mike Tannenbaum regime. Carroo was the 86th overall pick in the 2016 draft and has caught just 10 balls for 98 yards and one score on 18 targets across two seasons. All five of DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson, and Jakeem Grant are ahead of Carroo on the depth chart. Miami would have to keep six wideouts for Carroo to make it.

I absolutely love the Mink pick , steal at 11. The possibilities of a player who could be the next Ed Reed type impact for us , Tom Brady will be watching out for him soon enough you can be assured, Nick Saban says he is the best player he has coached,
WOW. Think about that!
Then to steal Gesiki the TE many had as a late round 1 guy.
I am livening the draft we had .
I’m now putting the pressure on Coach Gase. To put it together this year Deliver more wins , playoffs , Value for fans that have suffered for to long .
I’m liking our offseason moves more
I’m eager for traing camps
If our DTackles can hold up , stand up , then I’ll shut up about that position I think that is our weakness.
I honestly think Fitzpatrick will be one of the best picks Miami has ever made. Call it a gut feeling. Love the first two picks and overall looks like a nice draft.

Finland- the reference to getting another QB was a joke- poking fun at the small anti- RT faction.

Yes, i believe this is the best/deepest team RT will have pkayed on.

Re your skepticism of the team stsrting sliw and finishing strong, keep in mind Tann's last season- we started 1-4 then won 7 of 8.
i expect w RT's rust and all these new, young pieces, we are going to see something similar: a middling team until it all comes together around week 10 or 11, then a great finish.

to me, that makes the most sense. i dont expect instant greatness, but i do foresee greatness at some point.

Back
Top Bottom