We got flexed out of NBC prime time vs the patriots | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We got flexed out of NBC prime time vs the patriots

Better for the Dolphins IMO. 1 pm game is going to be hotter than a night game. That extra 10-20 degrees will affect the pansies more than the Dolphins.

Exactly... Quite frankly, people continuously underestimate the advantage that a 1 p.m. start has for the Dolphins.

I tire of watching the schedule makers give visitors a break every time they move a game to 4 p.m. or later... Let these teams boil in the South Florida sun, I'm fine with it.

Helped a lot last year with all those 1 p.m. home games.

As long as it is televised.. I could care less

Nah, man. Sunday Night would have allowed us New Jersey Miami Dolphins fans to have it televised. But now? We gots to go into some illegal website to catch a choppy version that we can't record. :(

Stop being selfish ya'll. Be sad for us. :lol:

Damn that means I cant sleep in till 2 and drive over to miami to watch the game live! DAMN IT!!! DAMN YOU FARVE!!

And our game vs. Evil Empire is not as important? We are in a Wildcare chase, its the Cheatriots, and we typically play them tough. But oh wait its the Favre agenda vs. NFC champs of last year. Ok get the bias. Somebody over there also thinks our playoff chances aren't so hot. Not so fast doubters...

i think some people are missing the point about all this. whether or not it is an advantage to play at 1 isnt the issue. its the fact that we r getting disrespected by the nfl.

for example, lets say someone u feel like ur good friends with is getting married, or is having a big party ,etc, and he invites everyone but u. it so happens to be that ur not going to be home at the time of the occasion anyways so u say it dosent matter. well even though u wouldnt be able to attend the occasion, ur friend didnt not invite u bc he knew u wouldnt be home, but bc he obviously didnt feel close enough to u like u did to him.

here is the same scenario kinda. it maybe an advantage some people may say due to the heat and all that stuff even though i dont buy it, but the fact is that isnt the reason why the nfl and nbc decided to do this flexing. they did it bc they direspect our team and think we rnt really a legit threat to anyone, so the game dosent rlly matter as much as the god brett favre.

look, i dont rlly care if ppl pik us to lose games on sundays, whether they pik us to lose 6-3 or 50-0, but to disrepect us is a diffrent issue.

if ronnie brown was still around i bet we woulda still had the primetime spot... they love talkin about that wildcat... it fills airtime.

i think some people are missing the point about all this. whether or not it is an advantage to play at 1 isnt the issue. its the fact that we r getting disrespected by the nfl.

for example, lets say someone u feel like ur good friends with is getting married, or is having a big party ,etc, and he invites everyone but u. it so happens to be that ur not going to be home at the time of the occasion anyways so u say it dosent matter. well even though u wouldnt be able to attend the occasion, ur friend didnt not invite u bc he knew u wouldnt be home, but bc he obviously didnt feel close enough to u like u did to him.

here is the same scenario kinda. it maybe an advantage some people may say due to the heat and all that stuff even though i dont buy it, but the fact is that isnt the reason why the nfl and nbc decided to do this flexing. they did it bc they direspect our team and think we rnt really a legit threat to anyone, so the game dosent rlly matter as much as the god brett favre.

look, i dont rlly care if ppl pik us to lose games on sundays, whether they pik us to lose 6-3 or 50-0, but to disrepect us is a diffrent issue.

You have issues! It is all about money and the game they chose brings more money. It's that simple!

That's just foolish. The NFL protects the shield at all costs. They will shine the shield whenever they an, and, if that means showing Farve over Henne, and, Adrian Peterson over Ricky Willimas, that's what they are going to do. No disprespect about it.

What some of you fail to understand is that as the Dolphins may be YOUR life, the NFL is the COMMISSIONERS life. He will do what's best for the NFL. What this season has proven is that Brett Farve sells tickets and draws ratings.

It has nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with money and power.

I'm not happy about this, but I know why it was done.....Even though one could argue that a compelling inter division rivalry for a playoff spot could bring pretty good ratings as well. I'll listen to that argument.

I simply don't understand the obsession with "respect" that the newer generations have. You have it or you don't.

You have issues! It is all about money and the game they chose brings more money. It's that simple!
your rite im sry i do have issues, im not normal. sry bout that. but still if its all about money which i agree with, then y dont they flex every favre game while there at it. the following week minn is at home to cincy, i feel like that would be alot better of a matchup, then minn at arizona.

your rite im sry i do have issues, im not normal. sry bout that. but still if its all about money which i agree with, then y dont they flex every favre game while there at it. the following week minn is at home to cincy, i feel like that would be alot better of a matchup, then minn at arizona.

So you really believe that flexing the Phins game has everything to do with a simple disrespect by the NFL. That's what you're saying? You're saying Goodell is sitting up there going..."**** the Dolphins. We're flexing them after we scheduled them in a certain place."

Listen to yourself. Say it out loud.

The only reason we were being lookd at to play on Prime Time, we are playing the Pats thats why not because of use. The NFL or who ever make the game don't like the Fins.

So you really believe that flexing the Phins game has everything to do with a simple disrespect by the NFL. That's what you're saying? You're saying Goodell is sitting up there going..."**** the Dolphins. We're flexing them after we scheduled them in a certain place."

Listen to yourself. Say it out loud.
no i dont believe that goodell is sitting up there going **** the fins. that being said though, u dont flex games if its a good game. the point of the flexing option was to have the option of pulling a game out which is irrelevant and replacing it with a relevant competitive game. the dolphins pats is the furthest thing from irrelevancy.

if u r going to say they made the move bc of money, yes i agree the nfl like all sports is business, but then again, then why wouldnt they put the top stars in ever week on primetime if thats all it was about. why for example leave the bears eagles in when u couldve put the ravens colts in and had peyton manning on primetime, or now with the giants loss and them at 6-5, they couldve had a better option the following week and put a minn-favre, and cinninatti game on sunday night which would be a much better game in my opinion. wtrvr though it is wat it is and ill still love watching my fins at 1pm.

The point of Sunday Night Football is to get ratings. Right now, the Dolphins without Brown and the Wildcat do not produce good ratings. Brett Favre does, no offense taken at all. We've already had 2 prime time games, lets not get greedy.

Back
Top Bottom