We had Boldin on the other Phone when we took Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We had Boldin on the other Phone when we took Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Boldin was on one phone, Moore on the other, and they plumped for Moore because Pisa went earlier and they expected a run on speedy LB's like Lance Briggs, etc. So they went for Moore.

That's awful. Boldin would have been an immediate shot in the arm for the recieving corps. A local kid with speed and charisma not to mention big play ability. I'm so upset by this draft that I woke up this morning with what feels like a hangover, which is wierd because I didn't have any drinks! I'm just so let down by this coaching staff. Even Eddie Moore didn't believe he was being picked. He thought it was a crank call.I could see thinking Kelly Washington would turn into a Yatyl Green, always hurt. But Boldin was right there and Boomer do you know why they soured on Wayne Hunter. He was a legit LT rated pretty high all around. What a drag watching our division rivals improve themselves while we sit all day with Eddie Moore to show for our efforts. Then I read the typical Wannspeak,"he's an intellegent guy who can run." Give me an air sickness bag!!

I think they passed on Hunter because of his lack of experience. I think they were very unfortunate in not being able to get up to get Steinbach. They lost out when Philly moved up for McDougal and Pitt moved for Polamalu, because they were out biggest trade partners. I'm surprised that Arizona didn't bite on the trade for the 18 pick. I was surprised at Moore, but he can play. It was too high for him, although Ourlads had him as the 50th best prospect and CBS had him as the 60th. Wade Smith was no surprise to me. The A+M guard was a huge surprise considering we had Montrae Holland and Torrin Tucker on the board who are monster pullers and solid run blockers.

I was disappointed. There are however plenty of gems on day 2. I would think we'll try and get into 4 to get a WR like Bobby Wade or Arnaz Battle or Doug Gabriel. Antwoine Sanders would be a nice pickup at safety.

Originally posted by Boomer
I think they passed on Hunter because of his lack of experience. I think they were very unfortunate in not being able to get up to get Steinbach. They lost out when Philly moved up for McDougal and Pitt moved for Polamalu, because they were out biggest trade partners. I'm surprised that Arizona didn't bite on the trade for the 18 pick. I was surprised at Moore, but he can play. It was too high for him, although Ourlads had him as the 50th best prospect and CBS had him as the 60th. Wade Smith was no surprise to me. The A+M guard was a huge surprise considering we had Montrae Holland and Torrin Tucker on the board who are monster pullers and solid run blockers.

I was disappointed. There are however plenty of gems on day 2. I would think we'll try and get into 4 to get a WR like Bobby Wade or Arnaz Battle or Doug Gabriel. Antwoine Sanders would be a nice pickup at safety.

Moore was rated 50th and 60th so 49th was'nt too bad of a reach. As for the A+M/Juction Boy I have a good feeling about him. He played alongside McKinney there.

The more I read around the league in the papers and reading Dave's transcripts, the better I feel. I have some targets in 5 that I'd really like that would cheer me up no end.

would you provide us with some names for day 2 boomer please ?

Originally posted by BSQX4
That's awful. Boldin would have been an immediate shot in the arm for the recieving corps. A local kid with speed and charisma not to mention big play ability.

Actually the knock on Boldin was that he lacked speed.

yeah his 40 time was slow but that guy has football speed, would have been a bigger antawn randle- el for us

Originally posted by Al13
yeah his 40 time was slow but that guy has football speed, would have been a bigger antawn randle- el for us

I agree that his football speed is better than his track speed, but personally I didn't see him as much better than a guy like Lloyd, who is still available.

His 40 times was 2 tenths of a second faster than a small skinny slow white kid that will play JV High School football next year. That's pretty damn slow. As rafael said, I've been shooting for Washington and Lloyd the whole draft, and Lloyd still happens to be left. I doubt he will be left when we pick in the 5th round, but we'll just have to see what happens. Now Boomer, correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a bizillion guards. Was the plan with the Texas A&M guard to switch him to tackle? He did play tackle for 2 years I believe at A&M so it shouldn't be a hard switch. I just don't see a need for guard with Nails, Dixon, and Perry. And I think you're right, Tucker and maybe even Holland would make better guards. Tucker reminds me of Jamie Nails a little bit.

yes sir, that did it for me. i'm officially in the "fire wannstedt" mode. how the hell do you get on the phones with boldin and moore and opt for moore because of a lb run? b.s..

I agree that his football speed is better than his track speed, but personally I didn't see him as much better than a guy like Lloyd, who is still available.
***** Throwback Friday!!! *****

...It’s 2003 and the Fins (Wanny the perpetrator) select Eddie Moore instead of Anquan Boldin!

Moore gets injured, misses entire rookie year, starts 4 games the next year, struggles the year after, and released.

Oh what could have been.... lol.

I don’t understand dredging up old posts, is it like some cool thing to do now?
Throwback Friday brother.

Interesting to look back and see how things change and or stay the same. It’s been 2 decades of the road that got us here, just a look back at some forks in the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom