We have the best QB in the AFC East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have the best QB in the AFC East

Please.

The Bills, as much as I hate them, look to be the team to beat in the division. They beat a tough, physical Jaguars team. I know I was impressed. Who did they beat week 1? I forgot already. They showed some guts coming back against the faiders too. Oh yea, they beat up on the squaks with no receivers. None the less, its the league. They beat 3 teams and at least one of them is a tough team for sure. The bills are playing well.

And Cam really screwed us with Beck. Edwards was the pick and is looking like a great pick for the Bills. He just may be a solid QB for years. I only hope Henne will be as good or better than Edwards.

And it really makes no sense at this point to throw out the records of the teams they beat. After all, its 3 games in and one of the losses each of those teams has.....is directly due to the Bills defeating them. All 3 of those teams are 1-1 minus the defeats the Bills laid on them. Not too shabby.

Like I've been saying all along, we'll see. The Bills have yet to face a good team, period!

no bills fans are proclaiming us superbowl champions (other than one 15 year old kid on billszone), you act like we're running around saying we're the best team in the AFC. are we the team to beat in the AFC East right now? well, we're in 1st, so the division OURS to lose right now. i'd say that makes us the team to beat.

you keep whining that bills fans are calling our team the second coming, i don't see it anywhere. i see cautiously optimistic fans gloating on a rival's website- the same you would be doing if the positions were reversed.

i just find it funny how all offseason you downplayed everything the bills did- stroud, trent- with useless yardage stats and dumb assumptions, and now when we're almost a quarter into the season and everything you said was completely wrong, you just pull out more excuses and act like a whiny little girl who got the wrong barbie for christmas.

and here comes FTP's injury excuse with the jags- the same one that doesn't count for the bills last year.

and like WV said, every team we've played is 1-1 if you take out their loss against us. comparing opponents records is stupid this early in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
and jax is still easily a top 5 team in the afc

Nothing positive to say, I've never seen a team do less yet get so much credit. The Bills played three teams so far that are all 2 games below 500. AND IT'S ONLY WEEK 3!!!!! Yet the Bill fans talk as if the Bills beat the 07 PAT's, the 2000 Ravens and the 72 Dolphins back to back to back. Give me a break. The Bills are the only team in the diuvision yet to play a division rival while each of the Pats, Jet's and Dolphins have each played 2 division games.

The Bills couldn't have drawn an easier schedule to start the year if they tried. But to listen to Bill fans you'd think the Bills had done something woth talking about. I have yet to see one Bill fan come here and talk about how weak the teams are they've played so far, but Bill fans will pretend they played the best in the league. What's worse, the Bill fans expect everyone else to think the Bills have had a tough three games.

Look out the Bills have yet another tough tough game! The almighty 0-3 Rams, they've only given up 116 points in three games while scoring a whopping 29 points. They will be another moster test for the Bills. That would mean that the 4 teams the Bills have played in the first 4 games those teams are all of 3-12 what a rough stretch of games to have to battle through. :rolleyes2:

Why are they under .500?

Ohhh because the Bills beat them all. If they didn't, they're all over .500. Think before you say things.

Uh huh, tell me. What did the AWESOME Trent Edwards do for the first 3 qtrs of the Oakland game??? Enlighten everyone here with his superior performance?! If I were a Bills fan, I'd ask myself why didn't my "great team" wipe the floor with the Oakland Raiders and their 12 year old HC on Buffalo's homefiled. To listen to Bill fans they actually believe their team is a top 10 team, yet that "top 10 team" barely escaped with a win against a pathetic Oakland Raiders team. It's great the the Bills came back in the 4th qtr, but who were they coming back on? The Cowboys? The Eagles? The Giants? No....the Raiders!! Wow...impressive.

The Giants were losing to the Bengals in the 4th quarter.

Jacksonville is a good team. Jacksonville only lost to undefeated football teams and went into Indy and won.

For a John Beck fan, you are hard to impress.

no bills fans are proclaiming us superbowl champions (other than one 15 year old kid on billszone), you act like we're running around saying we're the best team in the AFC. are we the team to beat in the AFC East right now? well, we're in 1st, so the division OURS to lose right now. i'd say that makes us the team to beat.

you keep whining that bills fans are calling our team the second coming, i don't see it anywhere. i see cautiously optimistic fans gloating on a rival's website- the same you would be doing if the positions were reversed.

i just find it funny how all offseason you downplayed everything the bills did- stroud, trent- with useless yardage stats and dumb assumptions, and now when we're almost a quarter into the season and everything you said was completely wrong, you just pull out more excuses and act like a whiny little girl who got the wrong barbie for christmas.

and here comes FTP's injury excuse with the jags- the same one that doesn't count for the bills last year.

and like WV said, every team we've played is 1-1 if you take out their loss against us. comparing opponents records is stupid this early in the season.

I don't have to think the Bills are a good team because Bill fans do. I don't have to give them credit for beating teams that are obvuiously struggling badly right now. Bill fans are so desperate to run around pounding their chest and acting like their team is great, that they always want credit before it's due. Then get all upset if everyone doesn't say "oooo, ahhhh look how awesome"!!!!!!!!!! Why do you or any Bill fan care what I think? Why does it matter to you? Move along, get over the fact that I could care less how impressed Bill fans are with their team.

I know who they've played, I know how the teams the Bills have played this year are playing. They stink, they all have less wins then loses. It's not rocket science. If the Bills had faced the Cowboys and Eagles this year and beat both of those teams easily, then that would be proof the Bills are winning games that tough to win. But the Raiders and Jags and Seahwaks are nowhere's near the top teams right now. Thier statistics and rankings prove that.

Miami beat the snot out of a team that went 18-1 last year, but are they the same 18-1 team? No!!!!! It's not the same as beating a healthy Pats team. Big deal, who cares, we beat Matt Cassel, he's had one start since HS. But applying Bill fans logic, we just beat the 18-1 Pats so we must be AWESOME!! No the Dolphins beat a Bradyless, aging Pats team. That's the reality of the situation.

I don't have to think the Bills are a good team because Bill fans do. I don't have to give them credit for beating teams that are obvuiously struggling badly right now. Bill fans are so desperate to run around pounding their chest and acting like their team is great, that they always want credit before it's due. Then get all upset if everyone doesn't say "oooo, ahhhh look how awesome"!!!!!!!!!! Why do you or any Bill fan care what I think? Why does it matter to you? Move along, get over the fact that I could care less how impressed Bill fans are with their team.

I know who they've played, I know how the teams the Bills have played this year are playing. They stink, they all have less wins then loses. It's not rocket science. If the Bills had faced the Cowboys and Eagles this year and beat both of those teams easily, then that would be proof the Bills are winning games that tough to win. But the Raiders and Jags and Seahwaks are nowhere's near the top teams right now. Thier statistics and rankings prove that.

Miami beat the snot out of a team that went 18-1 last year, but are they the same 18-1 team? No!!!!! It's not the same as beating a healthy Pats team. Big deal, who cares, we beat Matt Cassel, he's had one start since HS. But applying Bill fans logic, we just beat the 18-1 Pats so we must be AWESOME!! No the Dolphins beat a Bradyless, aging Pats team. That's the reality of the situation.

For someone that doesn't care about the Bills you sure have a lot to say about them all the time.

But the best way to prove it is on the field. You could be right about the Bills. If your not, Im sure you will give them credit.

For someone that doesn't care about the Bills you sure have a lot to say about them all the time.

But the best way to prove it is on the field. You could be right about the Bills. If your not, Im sure you will give them credit.

I give the Pats credit, I give the Jets credit. It's not about the team it's what they are doing. For any Bill fan to come here and expect everyone to be respectful of a Bills team that's, lets face it, beaten no one yet. Is absurd, Bill fans want the credit for the win but when pressed to explain why the Bills for 3 qtrs of that Raiders game the Bills did nothing, oh well lets not talk about that.

There is more to games then wins and loses, any team can win a game. But good teams win games by playing good the whole game. Yes sometimes good teams play awful but manage to come back and win a game they should have lost and good teams lose games they should win, but good teams win games by moving the ball consistently, shutting bad teams down and winninhg easily at home.

The Bills did 2 3rds of that against the Seahawks, but still were stagnant on offense against the Seahawks. Infact the Bills running and passing games are not good right now. Sure the Bills play well against the prevent, but most teams play well against the prevent.

Bottom line, if the Bills win games by controling the ball and scoring in the redzone, playing stout defense and ST.....against good teams. I'll give them credit. Why then? Cause it's earned, winning games the way the Pats would win, or the Cowboys win. Not by struggling for 3 qtrs and then scoring in garbage time. Obviously Bill fans choose to see things that favor their team, but lets be honest the Bills aren't winning games against teams that other teams like the Cowboys and Eagles would simply destroy. Infact the Bills are struggling to pull those wins out. It's early, maybe the Bills imporve and start playing like the Eagles and Cowboys, but I see no evidence of that right now.

I give the Pats credit, I give the Jets credit. It's not about the team it's what they are doing. For any Bill fan to come here and expect everyone to be respectful of a Bills team that's, lets face it, beaten no one yet. Is absurd, Bill fans want the credit for the win but when pressed to explain why the Bills for 3 qtrs of that Raiders game the Bills did nothing, oh well lets not talk about that.

There is more to games then wins and loses, any team can win a game. But good teams win games by playing good the whole game. Yes sometimes good teams play awful but manage to come back and win a game they should have lost and good teams lose games they should win, but good teams win games by moving the ball consistently, shutting bad teams down and winninhg easily at home.

The Bills did 2 3rds of that against the Seahawks, but still were stagnant on offense against the Seahawks. Infact the Bills running and passing games are not good right now. Sure the Bills play well against the prevent, but most teams play well against the prevent.

Bottom line, if the Bills win games by controling the ball and scoring in the redzone, playing stout defense and ST.....against good teams. I'll give them credit. Why then? Cause it's earned, winning games the way the Pats would win, or the Cowboys win. Not by struggling for 3 qtrs and then scoring in garbage time. Obviously Bill fans choose to see things that favor their team, but lets be honest the Bills aren't winning games against teams that other teams like the Cowboys and Eagles would simply destroy. Infact the Bills are struggling to pull those wins out. It's early, maybe the Bills imporve and start playing like the Eagles and Cowboys, but I see no evidence of that right now.

I don't agree with your opinion about good teams. I think good teams win the close games, bad teams lose the close games.

And no, there is not more to games than wins and loses, that's what the game is all about. Its not about being ranked high in stats.

Also, I thought 4th quarter comebacks meant something. I didn't know any QB can do it because its garbage time. I thought Dan Marino was one of the best in the 4th quarter, but I guess it was just garbage time.

I don't agree with your opinion about good teams. I think good teams win the close games, bad teams lose the close games.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but good teams don't struglle against bad teams at home, good teams are good because they win easily against bad teams at home.

And no, there is not more to games than wins and loses, that's what the game is all about. Its not about being ranked high in stats.

Again you're entitled to your opinion, but YES there is more to games then wins and loses. Like I said bad teams win games, good teams win games. What seperates these two two teams? It's not simply the words "good" and "bad" what is the difference? Obviously good teams are good for a reason and bad teams are bad for a reason, that's why there is more to games then simply wins and loses. Coaches, GM's , scoutt's and owners all contribute to the wins and losses.

If Matt Millen can stand their and watch his team win a game and Indy GM Bill Polian can watch his team win a game obviously winning happens with every team. The difference is, one GM has far more succes watching his team win then the other, obviously there's more to winning and losing then just the wins and losses.

Also, I thought 4th quarter comebacks meant something. I didn't know any QB can do it because its garbage time. I thought Dan Marino was one of the best in the 4th quarter, but I guess it was just garbage time.

They do mean something, but are you seriously putting Edwards on the same level as Marino? Lets be logical about what you're trying to suggest here. Marino, had how many 400 yard passing games in his career? He has/had how many NFL records? How many Pro bowls? Seriously, you are obviously ignoring what happend the first three qtrs of that Raiders game and focusing soley on the one positive thing Trent did in the Raiders game.

Trent did nothing in the last two games till both the Jags and Raiders went to a prevent defense. The DB's suddenly backed off the WR and the front 7 was brining far less pressure, no blitzing. So all Trent had to do was stand in the shotgun and find one guy 10 or 15 yards down the firld and throw him the ball. I'm not knocking Trent, he did what was supposed to do. The difference is why couldn't trent do the same thing when the pressure was on? You can see whatever you want to see, but Philip Rivers and Tony Romo and Donavan McNabb can move their team down the filed in any qtr against any defense, why isn't Trent doing this??

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but good teams don't struglle against bad teams at home, good teams are good because they win easily against bad teams at home.

Again you're entitled to your opinion, but YES there is more to games then wins and loses. Like I said bad teams win games, good teams win games. What seperates these two two teams? It's not simply the words "good" and "bad" what is the difference? Obviously good teams are good for a reason and bad teams are bad for a reason, that's why there is more to games then simply wins and loses. Coaches, GM's , scoutt's and owners all contribute to the wins and losses.

If Matt Millen can stand their and watch his team win a game and Indy GM Bill Polian can watch his team win a game obviously winning happens with every team. The difference is, one GM has far more succes watching his team win then the other, obviously theirs more to winning and losing then just the wins and losses.

They do mean something, but are you seriously putting Edwards on the same level as Marino? Lets be logical about what you're trying to suggest here. Marino, had how many 400 yard passing games in his career? He has/had how many NFL records? How many Pro bowls? Seriously, you are obviously ignoring what happend the first three qtrs of that Raiders game and focusing soley on the one positive thing Trent did in the Raiders game.

Trent did nothing in the last two games till both the Jags and Raiders went to a prevent defense. The DB's suddenly backed off the WR and the front 7 was brining far less pressure, no blitzing. So all Trent had to do was stand in the shotgun and find one guy 10 or 15 yards down the firld and throw him the ball. I'm not knocking Trent, he did what was supposed to do. The difference is why couldn't trent do the same thing when the pressure was on? You can see whatever you want to see, but Philip Rivers and Tony Romo and Donavan McNabb can move their team down the filed in any qtr against any defense, why isn't Trent doing this??

The Jags did not play prevent, and don't play prevent. The Raiders did play off in the 4th quarter, and Edwards even said that he was shocked.

No I never compared Marino to Edwards. I was simply talking about you saying the Bills only scored in garbage time. I don't think coming back to win in the 4th quarter is garbage time.

We will see this week if the Bills offense is good or not. They should have no problem moving the ball against St Louis and should dominate this game.

The Raiders, Jags, and Seahawks do have decent defenses.

And dont forget, Trent Edwards is starting his 13th game this week. I think he has done pretty good for only having 12 starts.

The Jags did not play prevent, and don't play prevent. The Raiders did play off in the 4th quarter, and Edwards even said that he was shocked.

No I never compared Marino to Edwards. I was simply talking about you saying the Bills only scored in garbage time. I don't think coming back to win in the 4th quarter is garbage time.

We will see this week if the Bills offense is good or not. They should have no problem moving the ball against St Louis and should dominate this game.

The Raiders, Jags, and Seahawks do have decent defenses.

And dont forget, Trent Edwards is starting his 13th game this week. I think he has done pretty good for only having 12 starts.

We'll see what happens, but bottom line IMO the Bills have not been overly impressive. They've had a very soft schedule so far and I think had the Pats or Jets faced the same exact schedule the Bills faced they too would be undefeated. As for Miami, we'll see how they play the Chargers, if Miami beats the Chargers then I think Miami too could have been undefeated agaisnt the same schedule the Bills have had so far.

New England hasn't beaten anybody yet, the Jets haven't beaten anybody yet. I think it wouldn't matter who the Bills beat you still wouldn't give them any credit.

What's the criteria for a good team? Jax has lost to two teams that are 3-0. One on the road. The Pats last year struggled very rarely. Though they did struggle against a Kyle Boller lead team but won in the 4th quarter. They also struggled against a team with A.J. Feeley at Qb. Even the Packers struggled at the end to beat Minnesota whose Qb was so pathetic they had to go to Gus. SB champion Giants struggled to beat an awful Bengals team. New England lost to a rookie head coach. Pittsburgh's offense looked pathetic vs Philly.

We could go through basically every team except the Cowboys and come to the realization that nobody is good team because of the way they won except them. Even then Romo has looked like A-Rod in his two postseason appearances.

Back
Top Bottom