We have the worst WR corps in the league | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have the worst WR corps in the league

lbsfinest

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
At first I wanted Tannehill to start right away but now I dont, not with him having to throw to these bums. This is a passing league and unless you're Tom Brady you need playmakers on the perimeter. Why did Ireland take so long to draft a WR? the position was one of our biggest needs and we took two guys that might not even make the team lol.

I didn't like trading Marshall but at the same time I understand why we did it, but we have no WR currently on the roster thats even on the same planet as Marshall. We're definitely gonna have to take a WR in the first round in 2013.

At first I wanted Tannehill to start right away but now I dont, not with him having to throw to these bums. This is a passing league and unless you're Tom Brady you need playmakers on the perimeter. Why did Ireland take so long to draft a WR? the position was one of our biggest needs and we took two guys that might not even make the team lol.

I didn't like trading Marshall but at the same time I understand why we did it, but we have no WR currently on the roster thats even on the same planet as Marshall. We're definitely gonna have to take a WR in the first round in 2013.

Our team lacks a #1 receiver (Even though ocho cinco is capable if things go right...even at his age), that still does not make our receiveing corp the worst.

We have to many quality receivers to be thought of as the worst.

We dont need a #1 in the offence were going to use, so i dont see it as a problem.............we will be fine.

Bess would start for a ton of teams as a slot receiver...that alone keeps us from being the worst

Miami has a fairly large hole in wide receiver... yes. But why did Miami fail to draft a receiver until the later rounds? Let me answer that the best I can.

First - How many holes did Miami have prior to the draft? Was it just receiver? Hardly. Miami had big question marks at:

1) Quarterback
2) Offensive Line (specifically, right tackle)
3) Situated pass rushers
4) Receiving Options

What did Ireland do? He drafted us a first round Quarterback, drafted a 1st round talent at Right Tackle, and took a receiving threat in the 3rd. I'd say he did a pretty good job!

It doesn't stop there. Miami was very active in the trade market both at the top of the 2nd round and the bottom of the 2nd round. What happened? Miami just couldn't strike a deal. They clearly had players they had hoped to go after but sadly, it takes two to make a trade. Ireland and Philbin were very close in their decision making, and I personally am appreciative of that. Gone are the days of Miami giving up WAY more than they should just to grab a player. Gone are the days of panicking and drafting a player a round too early simply because "we needed a [insert position]". I'd much rather we grab absolute steals in the 4th round like Lamar Miller, which added a play maker from the backfield (and a guy who can swing from the backfield to the slot) on our unit at a place you normally wouldn't find a guy like that.

You have to be patient. Next season is another off-season with this regime and another opportunity to validate the faith instilled in us from this previous draft. I have no doubt that Ireland will find the best value (in his mind) at wide receiver next year and try to fill as many holes with quality talent that he can. All it takes is one big hit on a wide receiver and suddenly we are a contender? I wish we were that lucky! If we have any GLARING needs on this team after next year's draft/free agency, then I'll start to wonder if Ireland doesn't understand his team, but until then... I'm giving the guy the free pass to use "Under Construction" on our team.

At first I wanted Tannehill to start right away but now I dont, ......... Why did Ireland take so long to draft a WR?
Why on earth would you want Tannehill to start?
We had many needs this offseason. And address many. We just couldn't address all of them. Look for a drafted WR or two to go in next years draft. possibly drafted early. This will give more weapons for when Tannehill starts.

We don't need a #1 WR (whatever that means) but we do need a receiver capable of getting 1000 yards receiving and 8+ TDs...that receiver is not on this roster. And don't anybody chime in and say Hartline can do cause the most receiving yards he's had is 615 as the #2 WR on this team and he has 2 TDs in his last 36 games.

As for the worst receiving corp...no we are not. The Browns and Rams are much worse than we are.

lol @ all these people talking about "we dont need a #1 WR"

uh guys we don't even have a #2 WR lol.

We don't need a #1 WR (whatever that means) but we do need a receiver capable of getting 1000 yards receiving and 8+ TDs...that receiver is not on this roster. And don't anybody chime in and say Hartline can do cause the most receiving yards he's had is 615 as the #2 WR on this team and he has 2 TDs in his last 36 games.

As for the worst receiving corp...no we are not. The Browns and Rams are much worse than we are.
Yeah, I would say the Browns and Rams are in much worse shape at wide receiver.

The Dolphins receivers are definitely not making defenses sweat when game planning. On paper the WR position is a weakness, but that doesn't mean the passing game automatically is going to suck this season. I think this years group is actually better than the one in 2008, but it will take good quarterback play to have success. Plus guys like Bush, Miller, Clay, Fasano and Egnew are going to be big parts of the passing game and will help mask the receivers position this season. I am sure Ireland is already scouting the top receiver prospects in next year's draft. They will have to make due this season, but I am sure it is near or at the top of the 2013 offseason priorities.

lol @ all these people talking about "we dont need a #1 WR"

uh guys we don't even have a #2 WR lol.

If you're referring to #2 as in the bowel movement, then yes, you are right. We do not have a ****ty wide receiver.

But in all seriousness, either Hartline is more than capable of being our #2 receiver with Bess in the slot.

Also be aware: in this offense, everyone's going to get a chance to catch passes.

we should have taken a WR in the 2nd round instead of Jonathan Martin because we have a player on the roster who can hold down the RT spot in lydon murtha. wouldnt surprise me if murtha starts over martin this year. and if he plays well and we re-sign Jake Long, we pretty much drafted Martin for nothing.

right now we have no WRs. there were some talented pass catchers still on the board in the 2nd - alshon jeffrey, rueben randle, stephen hill, tj graham, devier posey etc.

The Dolphins receivers are definitely not making defenses sweat when game planning. On paper the WR position is a weakness, but that doesn't mean the passing game automatically is going to suck this season. I think this years group is actually better than the one in 2008, but it will take good quarterback play to have success. Plus guys like Bush, Miller, Clay, Fasano and Egnew are going to be big parts of the passing game and will help mask the receivers position this season. I am sure Ireland is already scouting the top receiver prospects in next year's draft. They will have to make due this season, but I am sure it is near or at the top of the 2013 offseason priorities.
That receiving corp in 2008 didn't have a true #1 either and on paper they scared no one but I'm almost certain that those guys were the league leader in least amount of drops. I'm almost positive we were in single digits, as a team, in drops.

Sums it up pretty well. Our biggest hope this season is that the team can gel, and if a WR comes on strong, thats great but I'm not counting on it. I agree, we will definitely be looking to acquire a legit receiver next offseason.

I think everyone that is saying how we don't need a #1 and that we have enough quality receivers needs to take the homer glasses off. As of NOW, we're pretty bad. We may not need a "#1" but we need people who will get open. So far Bess and Hartline, and possibly Ocho if he can return to form somewhat, are the only proven commodities we have

Back
Top Bottom