We have the worst WR corps in the league | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have the worst WR corps in the league

Since we were so good, with a number 1 . Lets just see before we open our big mouths.

WR is obviously going to be a watchful position this year from a fans standpoint. Too many of us are freaking out about having a go to WR. i think they are going to attack this from a few angles....Clay, egnew, Ocho, bush, fasano, hartline, bess. I think they see it more as passing options then the amount of talent at the WR position specifically. If Egnew can be above average catching the ball...there is enough options there to have a legitimate passing game.

So would many Dolphins fans prefer to have a Houston WR corp or a corp like San Fran? Houston has an amazing #1, and a bunch of meh guys. San Fran has a bunch of really good options, #2 guys, plus a stud TE

All the wasted time worrying about WR position is like amateur hour. People ("fans" ?) are way too stuck on name players. Grow up and look at the talent to the scheme and the system. I think Sherman and Philbin assessed what they have at the position and the ota's and like what they have. I would bet our wideouts numbers will wind up in the upper middle of the league average AND that we finish the season with emerging stars. No its not likely a playoff team. But I can see a strong .500 season finishing with big expectations for 2013

Sent using Tapatalk 2

So would many Dolphins fans prefer to have a Houston WR corp or a corp like San Fran? Houston has an amazing #1, and a bunch of meh guys. San Fran has a bunch of really good options, #2 guys, plus a stud TE

Since they're both better than ours, either one.

"We have the worst WR corps in the league" wait, did the season begin already? That's the only possible way a thread with a title like that could be made.

Lets get through an entire training camp before we through all 12 recievers under the bus. The last time we won the division I believe we had Greg C, Devon Bess, Ted Ginn and Brian Hartline as our top recievers so take some solace it can be done.

Yeah, and we won the division with the Wildcat and not the West Coast Offense.

At first I wanted Tannehill to start right away but now I dont, not with him having to throw to these bums. This is a passing league and unless you're Tom Brady you need playmakers on the perimeter. Why did Ireland take so long to draft a WR? the position was one of our biggest needs and we took two guys that might not even make the team lol.

I didn't like trading Marshall but at the same time I understand why we did it, but we have no WR currently on the roster thats even on the same planet as Marshall. We're definitely gonna have to take a WR in the first round in 2013.

Wouldn't it be better to say our team has one of least experienced WR corps in the league instead of the worst? You really don't know what's the deal until the games are played.. Every year players step up whom you've never heard of....i.e., Cruz, Austin, etc...

All the wasted time worrying about WR position is like amateur hour. People ("fans" ?) are way too stuck on name players. Grow up and look at the talent to the scheme and the system. I think Sherman and Philbin assessed what they have at the position and the ota's and like what they have. I would bet our wideouts numbers will wind up in the upper middle of the league average AND that we finish the season with emerging stars. No its not likely a playoff team. But I can see a strong .500 season finishing with big expectations for 2013

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Philbin said flatly he was concerned about this group and the number of drops, then they immediately ran out and signed Chad Johnson.

The thing we will have to wait and see is how the ball gets spread around by (most likely) Gerrard in this offense. We have more talent in the passing game than just WR's. We have some guys that may be mismatches. Reggie Bush was lining up out wide in practice.

Charles Clay came on pretty good last year for a rookie. Especially in the Red Zone at the end of the year.

I am curious to see how Egnew gets involved or if he even makes it on the field. Missouri TE's have not been good in the NFL but who knows. If he is smart enough to learn the offense he has the tools to be the seam threat.

I think we may see some passing formations as follows....

RB Lamar Miller
FB Charles Clay
WR Reggie Bush
WR Brian Hartline
WR Chad Johnson

Not that I am making any predictions on production but there is some pretty good speed in that package and they can all catch the ball pretty well. I can't wait to check them out at the first preseason game vs Tampa!

well now that the Browns picked up Gordon their WRs are for sure better than ours.

Back
Top Bottom