We have the worst WR corps in the league | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have the worst WR corps in the league

Here we go! What's the over under on how fast this thread gets derailed by you-know-who so that he can engage in a 35 page thread where he explains for the umpteenth time why the Jets don't suck, why they're elite, why Ryan is a great coach, why Sanchez is better than quarterback X, etc? Alarm bells are ringing as we speak-- "It's the Trouble Alert!!! Someone on the Internet just insulted the Jets!!! That comment can't be allowed to stand unopposed, and I'm just the one to show 'em!!!"

ha ha ha

Paint a picture about the size of the football on either sideline and Hartline will lay out, catch the ball and both his feet will be in that pic. The guy does nothing but catch the football and make 1'st downs. He may not be a #1, but he's a pretty good possesion reciever. Really don't understand why people are down on him.Clay is going to have a great year. I think you will see when the season starts that we do NOT have the worst receivers in the NFL and by the end of the year they will be ranked in the top 10 in the NFL and will hold the very familiar monicker of "No Name". For all you youngblood Dolphin fans out there. At one time "No Name" was heard weekly in Perfectville

Paint a picture about the size of the football on either sideline and Hartline will lay out, catch the ball and both his feet will be in that pic. The guy does nothing but catch the football and make 1'st downs. He may not be a #1, but he's a pretty good possesion reciever. Really don't understand why people are down on him.Clay is going to have a great year. I think you will see when the season starts that we do NOT have the worst receivers in the NFL and by the end of the year they will be ranked in the top 10 in the NFL and will hold the very familiar monicker of "No Name". For all you youngblood Dolphin fans out there. At one time "No Name" was heard weekly in Perfectville

lmao

You want to hold out hope that this collective group of scrubs won't suck so much, be my guest. Not exactly hard to see how awful our WR's are unless you're wearing aqua and orange glasses, which is a common theme for you.

Ooooh, it's good the ol' fashioned aqua and orange homer argument! Yipee! How original of YOU! If you properly take the time to READ my opinion, I in no way said this was going to be a top of the line receiving core, I simply stated we should WAIT until this unit has a chance to prove itself before we label it in a negative light especially with a complete new offensive scheme! So you can put that silly "I know better than the aqua kool aid drinking homer" crap to rest. Thank you!

Ooooh, it's good the ol' fashioned aqua and orange homer argument! Yipee! How original of YOU! If you properly take the time to READ my opinion, I in no way said this was going to be a top of the line receiving core, I simply stated we should WAIT until this unit has a chance to prove itself before we label it in a negative light especially with a complete new offensive scheme! So you can put that silly "I know better than the aqua kool aid drinking homer" crap to rest. Thank you!

I have eyes and a brain. "Waiting" is just another word for "Wishful Thinking." Like I said, you can wait for a bunch of guys who were never that talented to begin with (aside from Gates, and a washed up Chad Johnson) to start expressing some talent that nobody ever knew about, but I won't bother.

I have eyes and a brain. "Waiting" is just another word for "Wishful Thinking." Like I said, you can wait for a bunch of guys who were never that talented to begin with (aside from Gates, and a washed up Chad Johnson) to start expressing some talent that nobody ever knew about, but I won't bother.

So does everyone else around here, what's your point??? Again, call it whatever you want, but I'm going to WAIT (and wait means exactly what it means...wait) to see the product on the field before I judge our receivers as "worst in the league" or anything else to that effect. I'll gladly make a judgement, positively or negatively, until after I've seen their play after a few games. One of the most useless things in sports is to label a team or group of players before the season even begins. This is especially true when they're playing for a new head coach, offensive system, and quite possibly a different starting QB.

You understand there is way more to being a WR than being fast, right? Because the fact that you are saying Gates is talented while Hartline + Bess aren't is one of the worst things I've read today. My goodness.

Hartline and Bess absolutely have talent. It's guys like Gates that are dragging this corps down. If one of Fuller/Pruitt/Matthews can emerge as a solid #2, then we will have a pretty damn decent group of WRs for the WCO

You understand there is way more to being a WR than being fast, right? Because the fact that you are saying Gates is talented while Hartline + Bess aren't is one of the worst things I've read today. My goodness.

Hartline and Bess absolutely have talent. It's guys like Gates that are dragging this corps down. If one of Fuller/Pruitt/Matthews can emerge as a solid #2, then we will have a pretty damn decent group of WRs for the WCO

Good luck with that. Those scrubs aren't emerging as a solid #2. They wouldn't even be on the roster of any decent team. Maybe Matthews. Pruitt's only role is special teams. And yes, Gates is the only WR with the physical talent to turn into anything worth a damn, and even that is a longshot. Bess and Hartline are what they are, average. Bess is a good slot guy, nothing more. Hartline a #4 on any decent WR corp.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

So does everyone else around here, what's your point??? Again, call it whatever you want, but I'm going to WAIT (and wait means exactly what it means...wait) to see the product on the field before I judge our receivers as "worst in the league" or anything else to that effect. I'll gladly make a judgement, positively or negatively, until after I've seen their play after a few games. One of the most useless things in sports is to label a team or group of players before the season even begins. This is especially true when they're playing for a new head coach, offensive system, and quite possibly a different starting QB.

Fair enough. I'll be around to help you cope with reality when the time comes if you need it...

Good luck with that. Those scrubs aren't emerging as a solid #2. They wouldn't even be on the roster of any decent team. Maybe Matthews. Pruitt's only role is special teams. And yes, Gates is the only WR with the physical talent to turn into anything worth a damn, and even that is a longshot. Bess and Hartline are what they are, average. Bess is a good slot guy, nothing more. Hartline a #4 on any decent WR corp.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Fair enough. I'll be around to help you cope with reality when the time comes if you need it...

IF...IF...IF. First of all I won't need your help to cope with anything. Like I said, if they're bad, then I'll be one of the first to say so. I'm not afraid to critique (or praise) my team...when they deserve it! Right now, they haven't deserved any labels too positively OR negatively. There's just too many new variables to decide one way or the other.

Sure one can look at past results and come up with a guestimation. But, to say they're gonna be down right awful...or even top 5 receiving corps in the NFL is preposterous! Yes, Chad might be 34 and of a "diva" mindset at times, but maybe just MAYBE, being back home may motivate him. Bess and Hartline, while we KNOW not spectacular, can make plays when needed. I want to see what this group can accomplish once Sherman does open up the playbook.

If our receivers do put up some good numbers, however, and are better some around here are predicting, I hope YOU are able to man up and eat your words. Fair enough? Oh, and just because one of us says they're gonna be awful or great, doesn't make it so. That's why the games are played on the football field...not on message boards or thru media heads.

What are we waiting for? we've seen bess and hartline before, chad johnson we've seen before...gates maybe? Some 7th round bums and undrafted bums to emerge somehow as legit WRs? I think The only one with a real shot is fuller and that's only if his bad senior season was due to his injuries and he works his ass off.

This draft was so "deep" at wr yet we waited to scrap the bottom of the barrel. awesome.

That was with the benefit of ground and pound too. We don't have that anymore.

Sure and that was with Chad P coming on board too but remember we lost the first four games came up with the wild cat and the rest was history. I expect that our O line might be greatly improved this year for the first time in awhile and I believe our running back core is stronger and better suited to this new offense than last years bunch. Tight end should be an improvement and the QB should be as good or better than last years. Which leaves us with the WR position on offense, the new defensive scheme and coaches to worry about. All in all maybe we should be more worried about the defense and the new coaches than the receivers at this point.

All I hear is if Clyde The Hyde Gates lives up to his potential! Like I said last year there is is a huge difference from bring the fastest player on the field in DII and the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom