We have the worst WR corps in the league | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have the worst WR corps in the league

i can think of a few active gameday rosters hartline probably wouldn't make...i'll never understand why people are so high on that kid...i think he's maxed out his nfl potential pretty much...i'm sure he'll catch more balls in this high tempo offense but i don't see how anyone looks at that guy and watches him play and says he's must retain keeper...

i can think of a few active gameday rosters hartline probably wouldn't make...i'll never understand why people are so high on that kid...i think he's maxed out his nfl potential pretty much...i'm sure he'll catch more balls in this high tempo offense but i don't see how anyone looks at that guy and watches him play and says he's must retain keeper...

He'll make plays on the sideline that actually could keep us in football games. I was impressed when BH made that TD catch in Buffalo as a rook.
He hasn't been developed properly. Obviously.

Lets get through an entire training camp before we through all 12 recievers under the bus. The last time we won the division I believe we had Greg C, Devon Bess, Ted Ginn and Brian Hartline as our top recievers so take some solace it can be done.

That was with the benefit of ground and pound too. We don't have that anymore.

The ground and pound worked out for.........
What and What?

Thank god it's ****ing GONE!

Just you and me this morn Goon? lol

I was just commenting on his, "we made the playoffs with crappy WRs a few years ago, we can do it again".

Since you seem to be so great at predicting the future with these receivers in a new offense, care to tell us tonight's Mega Million numbers?

Seriously, I understand on paper these receivers may not be a formidable bunch, but can we at least see what they bring to the table for a few games before anointing them "worse in the league" or "vomit inducing"?! :rolleyes: These guys haven't even played one damn down for Philbin/Sherman's new offense. Let them earn those labels on the field before we cast them as failures 2 and a half months before the season starts. My goodness.

You want to hold out hope that this collective group of scrubs won't suck so much, be my guest. Not exactly hard to see how awful our WR's are unless you're wearing aqua and orange glasses, which is a common theme for you.

Our team lacks a #1 receiver (Even though ocho cinco is capable if things go right...even at his age), that still does not make our receiveing corp the worst.

We have to many quality receivers to be thought of as the worst.

Obviously, the OP hasn't taken a gander at the Jests' WR corps. IMO, how that bunch hasn't been dubbed "worse WR corps" in the league simply demonstrates the media's love for Jersey teams (deserved in the Gnats' case, but not in the Jests'). They have Santonio Holmes, a diva and locker room troublemaker, and ... ????? That's right. Nobody that's done anything. Kerley was okay as a slot receiver, but Schillens from Oakland has done nothing in the NFL and they're pinning their hopes on a rookie who caught 9 passes last season.

Bess and Hartline are better than anybody the Jests have not named Holmes, and Ochocinco might come back to form if his problems in NE really were because he was a bad fit there (I think he was). If he did, he would certainly be better than Holmes if for no other reason than that he's NOT a trouble-maker in the locker room.

schilens has some talent...his problem is he can't stay healthy...santonio holmes when his head is right wipes the floor with any wr we have...dbs are scared of santonio holmes...runs the best quick slant in football...kerley ehhh...they could do a lot worse...if patrick turner makes your roster you got issues in the depth dept...

still though miami is gonna toss the rock all over the place with bad wrs the jets identity is gonna be ground and pound and pa...

schilens has some talent...his problem is he can't stay healthy...santonio holmes when his head is right wipes the floor with any wr we have...dbs are scared of santonio holmes...runs the best quick slant in football...kerley ehhh...they could do a lot worse...if patrick turner makes your roster you got issues in the depth dept...

still though miami is gonna toss the rock all over the place with bad wrs the jets identity is gonna be ground and pound and pa...

Which worked great for them 2 years ago. The Jets need to ground and pound and PA. Sanchez has a good deep ball and can pump the hell out of safeties with his pump fake.

Both the Jets and Dolphins have terrible WR corps. The Bills have a real nice underrated one though. Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Naman Roosevelt, David Nelson, and even Roscoe Parrish. Damn thats a good WR corp.

For us, I only really think Julius Pruitt has the ability to break out from the unknowns. Roberto Wallace may, but he seems too much of a pansy and gets out-muscled a lot by smaller players. Marlon Moore has no idea how to catch a football and the undrafted FAs like Fuller and Cunningham won't even be seeing the field. Pruitt though has some acceleration and burst to him. His burst is pretty damn ridiciulous and can get in and out of breaks with ease.

Which worked great for them 2 years ago. The Jets need to ground and pound and PA. Sanchez has a good deep ball and can pump the hell out of safeties with his pump fake.

Both the Jets and Dolphins have terrible WR corps. The Bills have a real nice underrated one though. Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Naman Roosevelt, David Nelson, and even Roscoe Parrish. Damn thats a good WR corp.

For us, I only really think Julius Pruitt has the ability to break out from the unknowns. Roberto Wallace may, but he seems too much of a pansy and gets out-muscled a lot by smaller players. Marlon Moore has no idea how to catch a football and the undrafted FAs like Fuller and Cunningham won't even be seeing the field. Pruitt though has some acceleration and burst to him. His burst is pretty damn ridiciulous and can get in and out of breaks with ease.

agreed...pruitt though needs to show up in pads as a wr...i've yet to see any of that...fuller ehhh not a fan cunningham has dropped the ball like crazy...wallace if he shows he can separate and get off press we may have something but i don't see how that is supposed to change in one camp...and last year i saw no evidence of either to be honest

clyde gates is killin me...guys got real talent but the light bulb hasn't come on yet...

unit as a whole poor...

agreed...pruitt though needs to show up in pads as a wr...i've yet to see any of that...fuller ehhh not a fan cunningham has dropped the ball like crazy...wallace if he shows he can separate and get off press we may have something but i don't see how that is supposed to change in one camp...and last year i saw no evidence of either to be honest

clyde gates is killin me...guys got real talent but the light bulb hasn't come on yet...

unit as a whole poor...

I completely forgot about Gates. I need the bulb to come on, hes got all the talent.

Obviously, the OP hasn't taken a gander at the Jests' WR corps. IMO, how that bunch hasn't been dubbed "worse WR corps" in the league simply demonstrates the media's love for Jersey teams (deserved in the Gnats' case, but not in the Jests'). They have Santonio Holmes, a diva and locker room troublemaker, and ... ????? That's right. Nobody that's done anything. Kerley was okay as a slot receiver, but Schillens from Oakland has done nothing in the NFL and they're pinning their hopes on a rookie who caught 9 passes last season.

Bess and Hartline are better than anybody the Jests have not named Holmes, and Ochocinco might come back to form if his problems in NE really were because he was a bad fit there (I think he was). If he did, he would certainly be better than Holmes if for no other reason than that he's NOT a trouble-maker in the locker room.
Here we go! What's the over under on how fast this thread gets derailed by you-know-who so that he can engage in a 35 page thread where he explains for the umpteenth time why the Jets don't suck, why they're elite, why Ryan is a great coach, why Sanchez is better than quarterback X, etc? Alarm bells are ringing as we speak-- "It's the Trouble Alert!!! Someone on the Internet just insulted the Jets!!! That comment can't be allowed to stand unopposed, and I'm just the one to show 'em!!!"

Back
Top Bottom