We lost 2 of our last 4 games... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We lost 2 of our last 4 games...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
And those 2 could be playing each other at the superbowl..

Sucks doesnt it? :cry:

We sortve got a raw deal, but then again, championship teams win those games.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
And those 2 could be playing each other at the superbowl..

Sucks doesnt it? :cry:

We sortve got a raw deal, but then again, championship teams win those games.
don't feel too bad, all your losses came against better teams(except Houston).

and i dont understand the "december fade". its not really a fade as much is it is a consistant .500. its a fade from our ussual better start but we really have more of a fade in midseason i think from the first month on most years (ussually about the time we would play the jets in NY in October/november).

Originally posted by finfan54
and i dont understand the "december fade". its not really a fade as much is it is a consistant .500. its a fade from our ussual better start but we really have more of a fade in midseason i think from the first month on most years (ussually about the time we would play the jets in NY in October/november).
they call it your December meltdown because you guys haven't won more than 2 December games in a long time. That's what I heard, so don't shoot the messenger

They should at least change the term from " December meltdown" to "December freeze up"......Either that or let us properly meltdown with some December home games against division rivals. :)

LAst 20 Years Win/Loss Stats By Months

Originally posted by finfan54

Hello guys and gals the last 20 years, here it is:

Total
Sept- 54-26 (.67)
Oct- 50-30 (.62)
Nov- 47-33 (.58)
Dec- 42-38 (.52)

Dave (4 years)
Sept- 12-4 (.75)
Oct- 10-6 (.62)
Nov- 11-5 (.68)
Dec- 8-8 (.50)

Jimmy (4 years)
Sept- 11-5 (.68)
Oct- 10-6 (.62)
Nov- 8-8 (.50)
Dec- 7-9 (.43)

Shula (12 years)
Sept- 31-17 (.64)
Oct- 30-18 (.62)
Nov- 28-20 (.58)
Dec- 27-21 (.56)

Info for your pleasure or pain....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by inFINSible
They should at least change the term from " December meltdown" to "December freeze up"......Either that or let us properly meltdown with some December home games against division rivals. :)

Truer words have never been spoken!

I think the league does it on purpose(gives us such a hard december schedule). Its all part of there little script. They hype it up in the media and it brings up the ratings. Eventually we will get through the brutal december and we will be the story of the year and win the super bowl. And Dan will finally get his ring ! Perfect script , I could see it happening sometime soon.

we rarely have lost in Dec to weak team other than in Minny in 2002 and they were not that bad. We just have tough games late in the year and seem to not play well in them as most evidenced by our pathetic losses to NE and Philly this Dec

One game... add some depth, work the bench in more for both sides of the ball. Depth is the stretch run key, and that skill speed/smarts carries over the special teams. One or two big cogs, a contributor, and depth for continuity... good progressive steps is all that is needed. Get some continuity, add Dan for just enough shakeup in the front office.

One or two faces will change as a key.:rockon: Marino is the pooh bah and his cuts will not be questioned. Fiedler on the roof is going to be 'out on the curb'.
LBT (leBastard), all the ingredients for the BLT, but somehow he he screwed up the sandwhich, more like toast with fat and browned lettuce. The guy talks like he is certain of the deal but somehow it is always a bad take on old school favorites. Who can be wrong about the Canes? Their football factory is like fishing in a barrel. Not many hunches come up wrong on that.
Get him to cook up a story on the pros and he becomes a different story. Out of his element. Just another mutt in the dog eat dog world where strays like us can prove him wrong on a per issue basis. :wharf:
DO us a favor Dan, avoid gridiron pro recipes. Just call for Pizza, and SAVE ENOUGH FOR FINHEAVEN FORUMS! :cooldude: Hank is the fat cat for Phins news, perhaps if he lets you wash the Rolls Royce and you do a really good job and dont bring the tank back on empty he will give you a REAL SCOOP!:cool2:

Wanny has a better Dec winning percentage than Jimmy and yet we all bash Wanny for our December Swoon, while many of us here think Jimmy is a fantastic coach. Go figure :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prime Time
Wanny has a better Dec winning percentage than Jimmy and yet we all bash Wanny for our December Swoon, while many of us here think Jimmy is a fantastic coach. Go figure :rolleyes:

People hate Wanny because of this word called regression. It isn't about winning in December (although it is important, but Wanny's December record is nothing to brag about anyway), it is about doing less and less every year and getting eliminated from the playoff race earlier and earlier every year. However, I am getting off topic.

Originally posted by dolphan39
we rarely have lost in Dec to weak team other than in Minny in 2002 and they were not that bad. We just have tough games late in the year and seem to not play well in them as most evidenced by our pathetic losses to NE and Philly this Dec

But that shouldn't matter at all, you still have to beat those teams to go anywhere. What matters to me is where you play them, ie. it seems we always go to Buff and NE in Dec. etc. And also, it's not how many ganes you win but WHEN you win them. Just ask KC............. started 9-0, finished 4-3 and bounced in the 1st playoff gm.

Originally posted by dolphan39

I've never looked at the schedule as the reason for the dip. We just simply don't win when we need to. Winning on the road in bad weather should only prove that you deserve to be in the playoffs, losing only proves that you're a fair-weather (pardon the term) team that can win in prime conditions.

The loss to New England was magnified by its importance to post-season implications. The game was very ugly for our offense. Defense played a GREAT game. As has been said several times...2 or 3 players and we're good. Its not really that much to over come (12-0 when NE's O only scored 3 is a good job by the D, making it OBVIOUS where the weaknesses are. That game proved most to me that we need O-Line/QB/WR help).

Back
Top Bottom