We lost 2 of our last 4 games... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We lost 2 of our last 4 games...

Well, I look at this way, maybe this year was a little different, reversing the trend, 5-4 start followed by a 5-2 finish and the two games they did lose, weren't that horrible, Miami was competative in those losses. Now take 2002, the Fins were 9-5 and had a 2-1 record in December before the final two games, but then they completley fell apart in those last two, so maybe the trend is ending.

Re: Re: We lost 2 of our last 4 games...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
don't feel too bad, all your losses came against better teams(except Houston).

Right back at ya:up: :billsbite

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

People hate Wanny because of this word called regression. It isn't about winning in December (although it is important, but Wanny's December record is nothing to brag about anyway), it is about doing less and less every year and getting eliminated from the playoff race earlier and earlier every year. However, I am getting off topic.

Isn't that the truth. Funny how Wanny actually did better in his first year than JJ ever did (record-wise, division title, and his second-round play-off loss was not as lopsided as either of JJ's). But JJ definitely had the Dolphins moving in an upward direction until late in the '99 season.....8-8 in '96, 9-7 and first-round loss in '97, 10-6 and second-round loss in '98, and then in '99 they were cruising along at 8-2 until the wheels fell off. Oh well.....

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I've never looked at the schedule as the reason for the dip. We just simply don't win when we need to. Winning on the road in bad weather should only prove that you deserve to be in the playoffs, losing only proves that you're a fair-weather (pardon the term) team that can win in prime conditions.

This is the problem I have with this.....Why make the weather a factor when it needn't be???

I mean of course the team from warmer climates is going to have a harder time playing in the cold and snow than the team that plays and practices in it all the time....just like teams have a hard time coming down here and afdjusting to the heat early in the season.....Now, if they simply scheduled our away games earlier in the year....and home games late in the year.....Odds are that each game would be played in prime conditions and if that were the case you could truly say the better team won.

I know it would be unfair to have our home games late in the season every year but, if they just did it every other year....How would that NOT be fair?

Originally posted by MarksBrothers85
Well, I look at this way, maybe this year was a little different, reversing the trend, 5-4 start followed by a 5-2 finish and the two games they did lose, weren't that horrible, Miami was competative in those losses. Now take 2002, the Fins were 9-5 and had a 2-1 record in December before the final two games, but then they completley fell apart in those last two, so maybe the trend is ending.

Ending?? Not so fast.............8-1 against the chumps and 2-5 against winning teams, which still came in Dec. IMO, this team deserves no break from us until they right things and PROVE once and for all that they belong. Until then, they are simply the NFL's best wannabes !!

Back
Top Bottom