We need a TE, But Who? Check out my analysis.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need a TE, But Who? Check out my analysis....

Ok this can end here, but you still made it pretty unclear about what you were really talking about. You originally said we needed a blocking TE, and that Dilger was out because he's not a blocking TE? But he is a blocking TE, just because he can catch doesn't mean he isn't a blocking TE. I keep going back to that original post, you say one thing there and change it in your argument.

Anyway, how can the Phins upgrade their TE? I'm not really sure they can. The draft may produce someting, but there is definately no guarentees there. FA, is there anybody out there in our price range that would actually be an upgrade? Maybe not.

If something comes up we should grab it, but don't just take a TE in the draft for the sake of it, I am pretty confident management will do a solid job with the draft.

"Ok this can end here, but you still made it pretty unclear about what you were really talking about. You originally said we needed a blocking TE, and that Dilger was out because he's not a blocking TE? But he is a blocking TE, just because he can catch doesn't mean he isn't a blocking TE. I keep going back to that original post, you say one thing there and change it in your argument."

I am not changing my argument. You are reading my original post and making incorrect assumptions.

I did not say Dilger was out because he was not a blocking TE.
I said he was out because he was a receiving TE. Here is where you made your incorrect assumption. I never said the guy could not block. What I meant was that he isn't as good a blocking TE as I would like to see on the roster. I called him a receiving TE because I think he is a better receiver than he is a blocker.

Another reason I said he was out is because I don't think we can afford him. I've mentioned this fact many times now.

If you didn't understand what I meant originally, then I guess I'll need to explain myself a little better next time. But don't assume I don't know what I'm talking about just because my statement was vague. Interpretations of vague statements are usually incorrect, as was the case here.

Look, I'm not claiming to be Mr. Football here. I'm not. I don't know every player in every position for every team in the NFL. But one thing is for sure, I'm not going to talk about a player that I know nothing about.

Phins Phan

Cool, I'm not calling you an idiot or anything of that nature, why would I, this is just a Dolphins forum, not an "I'm better than you forum". But you have to admit, reading what you wrote it is very easy to come up with the assumpition I did. VERY vague statements thrown about tho. You never mentioned once in the original post that he was unaffordable....anyway shall we let it rest?

Well, when I read it, it makes sense to me (since I know what I mean, no assumptions)! It seems I need to be a lot more specific as to what I mean from now on. Although, still, when I say "Dilfer is a receiving TE", is the automatic assumption "Dilfer is not a blocking TE"?

To me, it's not. To me it means "Dilfer can run patterns and catch the ball better than he can block".

Either way, I think I'll explain myself better when I begin to categorize my opinions in the future.

Phins Phan

Back
Top Bottom