We need Fiedler back next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need Fiedler back next year

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
but as a backup. I am a Fiedler supporter and I am in agreement that we need someone new.

However, are backup QB situation has been the downfall the last two seasons. Both years Lucas and Griese could not get the job done. The job of course was winning. That is something Fiedler can do.

Obviously he needs to take a pay cut. But remember the FA QB's available (Warner, Brunell, Garcia, Couch) have all been out due to injury at some point. Atleast Jay would no the system and be comfortable with the role.

His knowledge of the Offense will also benefit whoever comes in next year. Jay can be like another coach to this guy in preseason and during games.

Fiedler as a backup fills a hole that has existed on this team for too long.

I wouldn't mind as long as he knows that he WILL NOT be competing for the starting job.

I agree. He would be one of the best backups if not the best in the league. Whaddya know? Fielder turned out to be an upgrade somewhere after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather he be totally gone. We need a FA veteran QB starting, Sage as the number two and the drafted QB of the future at number three.

ya, all Fiedler does is win (as a team) and miss the open wr...in that respect...he's been consistent!!!

I think if we keep Jay he's gunna compete for the starting spot no matter how bad you guys don't like it. He's been the starter for 4 years here. If he's so bad like you guys say then he'll lose anyway.

Still hate him or not he would be good for the team. He would not vomit on his shoes if the starter went down. Lucas and Griese were not tough enough to handle the pressure and their performance showed it.

Sorry but Sage is not ready for the responsiblity the starting job would take on. Especially when next year expectations will once again be very high.

All I am saying is you tell Jay we want you back. Take a pay cut and you will not be the starter unless whoever the starter is gets injured. Fiedler would be able to hold down the fort long until the starter could regain his job.

Most backups are unproven and shaky. Jay is the best option. Period.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
I think if we keep Jay he's gunna compete for the starting spot no matter how bad you guys don't like it. He's been the starter for 4 years here. If he's so bad like you guys say then he'll lose anyway.

Ugh...do we really have to go through this again? I used to be a Fiedler supporter, but after this year, how can you honestly say he should be the starter?

lmao...wow. Winning those last 2 games was the worst thing that could of happened to you guys. Going 10-6, and missing the playoffs, gives you just enough reason to want Wanny and Fiedler back...for the fifth time now

Who said he SHOULD be the starter? I agree that we need to upgrade...but the fact is that Dave will let him compete for the starter spot. I didn't say he was going to win...

And you were only a Fiedler supporter after the Dallas week.

If Jay comes back...IF.... then that would mean the end of Sage. OK with me but not with others. We will draft a QB and get a FA to start. Therefore where would Sage be #4. We wont have one.

Jay doesn't want to be a backup, that being the case Jay should move on, thanks for trying but we are going in a different direction. Up!!!

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Who said he SHOULD be the starter? I agree that we need to upgrade...but the fact is that Dave will let him compete for the starter spot. I didn't say he was going to win...

And you were only a Fiedler supporter after the Dallas week.
I made an incorrect assumption by assuming that the tone of your post suggested that he should be the starter. There's is no reason, however, that Fiedler should compete for the job. He's shown us what he can do already. Enough with the Fiedler project.

You also made an incorrect assumption by assuming that I was only a Fiedler supporter after the Dallas game. No, sir. I was a Fiedler supporter from the beginning...until he regressed terribly this year. I gave up on him midway through the season after seeing him playing bad secondaries and STILL not taking advantage of it. Constantly overthrowing and...well, you know the script. I don't have to repeat it.

Anyhow, this is a "Fiedler should be back as a backup" thread, so as I said before, Fiedler should be back as a backup.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
lmao...wow. Winning those last 2 games was the worst thing that could of happened to you guys. Going 10-6, and missing the playoffs, gives you just enough reason to want Wanny and Fiedler back...for the fifth time now
:up: I couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom