We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously guys im getting nervous about this situation, I mean look what happened when the Colts let Shula get away, look how much impact that had on the history of our team. I really don't want to get a taste of our own medicine if we let Jeff get away. I hope Mr. Ross can tie Ireland down long term really soon, its the key thing this season imo

Right. But how much influence/control does Philbin have? I find it hard to believe its as some would have you believe, that Ireland picks everybody and Philbin has to work with what he ends up with.

no, thats why Ireland has done a much better job lately. he wasnt under the constraints Parcells put him under

Could somebody please clarify to what extent Ireland is involved in who we pick / when and how they're played? I know there is a wide variety in levels of control around the league from GM to GM, I just wish I had a better understanding of how much control/influence Ireland has. Does anybody know specifically? Has there been a news article or other information about it in any detail?

Near total, but he seems to have the philosophy of letting coaches coach. Although he was vetoed twice by Ross: when trying to trade for Kyle Orton and when trying to hire Mike McCoy as coach.

The reason Jeff Fisher went to the Rams is because Ross wouldnt let anyone other then Ireland have a commanding role in the organization. Specifically, Fisher wanted a 3rd party to handle any disputes between Ireland and Fisher when it came to personnel moves. Ross wanted a "traditional" front office set up, GM over coach. Ironically Fisher was quite fond of Ireland and would have potentially hired Ireland if the situation had been different.
As well, under Parcells, Ireland had a hand in every signing/draft pick/trade we engaged in. Ireland has admitted to signing off on some of our more controversial moves: Pat White, Long/Henne over Matt Ryan, etc. Ireland even stuck with those moves despite some objections from Parcells, who was done with Henne before the 2010 season but Ireland kept him another 2 seasons.

Heres 2 threads on what Ireland has and has not done with this team:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?329950-The-Ireland-Mythology-Index&highlight=

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?335235-Ireland-Mythology-Index-vol-2&highlight=

I am telling you, mark my words, Ireland is the next Pioli, if we don't lock him up we will regret it! We will be watching him hoist the Lombardi trophy that should have been ours.

And that will suck.

I am telling you, mark my words, Ireland is the next Pioli, if we don't lock him up we will regret it! We will be watching him hoist the Lombardi trophy that should have been ours.

And that will suck.

:sidelol:

Go to Chiefsplanet.com and see their opinion on Scott Pioli.

Lifetime contract. The 4 straight losing seasons he helped produce has earned him that.

Seriously guys im getting nervous about this situation, I mean look what happened when the Colts let Shula get away, look how much impact that had on the history of our team. I really don't want to get a taste of our own medicine if we let Jeff get away. I hope Mr. Ross can tie Ireland down long term really soon, its the key thing this season imo

lol, get away from what?? this team has accomplished nothing yet under Ireland. We beat 1 awful team and all the sudden Ireland is the greatest thing to ever happen to the dolphins, did u forget this is preseason and everything is vanilla?

:sidelol:

Go to Chiefsplanet.com and see their opinion on Scott Pioli.

the Chiefs have quite a talented team over there.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Lifetime contract. The 4 straight losing seasons he helped produce has earned him that.

that's a narrow minded way to look at things. he's clearly trending upwards

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

lol, get away from what?? this team has accomplished nothing yet under Ireland. We beat 1 awful team and all the sudden Ireland is the greatest thing to ever happen to the dolphins, did u forget this is preseason and everything is vanilla?

see post above. we're clearly trending upwards

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

guys, put the tape on. we're clearly better since Ireland had total control

the game last night is just the consequence of assembling a talented team. so yes, in a way, that win went a long way

the Chiefs have quite a talented team over there.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

that's a narrow minded way to look at things. he's clearly trending upwards

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

see post above. we're clearly trending upwards

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

guys, put the tape on. we're clearly better since Ireland had total control

upwards? man put the tape on! We have a dynasty in the making, seriously get the tape on from last night!

They made up their mind about the guy based on that and refuse to change it. No point arguing with these types, the hard headed types. Still probably sending mail other than email and call you all the time instead of text, you know that type of person......

Yeah no arguing with this old timer who was around for the perfect season, who remembers Joe Thomas, who holds an earned Ph.D. in Computer Science, who wrote parts of the operating systems on which you run your email and text messaging toy programs, and who lead the development of financial systems that securely move money across the Internet. Just because I am a fan who demands excellence doesn't mean I am an idiot. I have forgotten more about computers than you script kiddies will ever know. 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9 says everything you need to know about Ireland.

Funny how everything changes with a win. I wonder what happens if we get blown out next week.

My arms have the highest WPA of ALL of you mofos thanks to Ireland! Therefore Jeff for president!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom