We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extend Ireland before it's too late? Too late for what? Before he leaves for greener pastures elsewhere?

I know some are worried that if Ireland leaves a new GM will come in with the idea of hiring a new head coach and staff but I think Ross can just promote Brian Gaine and solve that problem.

And where was this talent against the cowboys, a much better team?
I think we have a lot of talent, but tannehill is still struggling to make the easy throws. The ones u have to make to keep the chains moving, he could also have been pick 6-ed yesterday with some questionable decision making. Some say preseason doesn't matter but after a win like this, you see people celebrating in this thread like we won a playoff game and now the Jeff Ireland Lock him up threads. Lets accomplish something before celebrating plz...

the Cowboys played their 1st and 2nd stringers a lot longer than we did. you could argue we didn't really play our 1st-string defense at all. they were still trotting out Travis Frederick and Phil Costa in the 3rd quarter going against A.J. Francis and Chris Brunette. congratulations to them for running on our thrid team.

He'd probably run a better campaign then Romney.

But thats not saying much, is it?

4 straight horrible years for America........

Spesh "Re ELECT Obama. It was all Bush's fault".

4 straight losing seasons for the Dolphins, the first 3 of which Ireland truly wasnt even the head of football operations.

Spesh "FIRELAND!!! This has nothing to do with Parcells. Its all Ireland's fault!!!"

Solid logic bro.

Extend Ireland before it's too late? Too late for what? Before he leaves for greener pastures elsewhere?

I know some are worried that if Ireland leaves a new GM will come in with the idea of hiring a new head coach and staff but I think Ross can just promote Brian Gaine and solve that problem.

man I dunno, a special GM like Ireland doesnt come along everyday, I dont want to risk the next 20 years if we lose him!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Probably take $15 million a year.

Worth every penny, nothing is as important as the GM, if thats what it takes thats what it takes

man I dunno, a special GM like Ireland doesnt come along everyday, I dont want to risk the next 20 years if we lose him!

A special GM like Ireland? How exactly has Ireland been special?

4 straight losing seasons for the Dolphins, the first 3 of which Ireland truly wasnt even the head of football operations.

Spesh "FIRELAND!!! This has nothing to do with Parcells. Its all Ireland's fault!!!"

Solid logic bro.

lol

Ireland hit a homerun this off-season. if the team doesn't play well, it's on the coaches. the GM can't do more than provide the talent

I disagree that Ireland hit a homerun this off-season because the offensive line is still a question mark.

I disagree that Ireland hit a homerun this off-season because the offensive line is still a question mark.

not more of a question mark than last year. Jake Long got bent over against the Browns. he looks horrible. great call letting him go anf rolling with Jon Martin

look at the past 12 months. he did as good a job as anybody. if this team isn't successful, it's on the coaches not Ireland

You think the past 12 months has been special? Really? He spent over $200 million on a handful of players that many have questions about or atleast thought there were better options available.

And their best players were drafted by Carl Peterson. Seeing as how he is hot garbage, that should be telling. Due to Miami/KC trade rumors, i spent a bit of time reading their forums, to say they have a low opinion of Pioli would be an understatement.

Jon Baldwin, Dexter McCluster, Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson, Todd Hailey and Romeo Crennel, etc, etc, etc. Its pretty much established that Pioli was terrible at his job. Then again, their fans havent found losing acceptable and felt 3 losing seasons in 4 years was awful. Crazy concept, i know.

You realize that Pioli is Bill Parcells son-in-law (he was with the family in the front row at Bill's Hall of Fame acceptance speech). Maybe Pioli was able to tap into the wisdom of the Big Tuna in developing the KC strategy. It is interesting to note the similarity in that both Miami with Henne and KC with Cassel, bet the house on below average QB's and persistently resisted any opportunity to try drafting talent in that position.

Solid logic bro.

CFg3Qkopng-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom