We need to use our picks for Oline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to use our picks for Oline

fin007

Club Member
Reaction score
Yup. Once Barton and Beebe are Phinz, many in here will realize how important IOL is to this offense..

Miami will be dropping 70 on a weekly basis.
I wish but highly doubt grier would go OL/OL....at this point I'm just hoping we go OL with our top pick at least.

I wish but highly doubt grier would go OL/OL....at this point I'm just hoping we go OL with our top pick at least.
As I always say, it's not sexy until the season starts and you see olinemen blowing up defenders. Overpowering the def front late in games or tight games is sexy and I can only imagine this O with maulers up front.

As I always say, it's not sexy until the season starts and you see olinemen blowing up defenders. Overpowering the def front late in games or tight games is sexy and I can only imagine this O with maulers up front.
The typical "Mauler" isn't a scheme fit for McD's zone philosophy.

Do you want a different HC? If not, it doesn't make sense to draft that type of player.

Yeah, me too. Grier surprises me when he makes comments like the fans are more concerned about the OL than they are. I can only hope Barry knows what the hell he is looking at when it comes to evaluating OL. I would guess we will draft one at some point, but it wouldn't shock me if it wasn't in round 1 or 2. Depending on our draft, I am not sure if I would be happy about that.

Defense wins championships! We added part time DTs like crazy but with uncertainty at Edge with guys injured I'd go Verse then Oline in the 2nd!

Then call it a Day!

I hope the draft allows us to take o-line with our first two picks.

Can't walk into it with a brittle mindset and then force a pick where it really doesn't work, but with the o-line depth this year I have hope we can get some good value.

Defense wins championships! We added part time DTs like crazy but with uncertainty at Edge with guys injured I'd go Verse then Oline in the 2nd!

Then call it a Day!
Yeah I tend to agree. But if reversed I would be fine too.

To state the obvious, no one knows the priorities of Mcd and staff (notice I didn't include Grier) or how the board falls. Nor does FH know how satisfied with the current roster. Like almost everyone here, I expect OL in one of the 1st two picks, but, like others, not both. Thus, I place little importance on a poll. I doubt many previous polls would have identified Iggy or Eich.

My evaluation of the draft will be on how many positions of need are filled, not reaching, and not passing on a 'gimme,' so I'm easy to please. Yes, OL is my top priority, and I think that's a safe bet. But of the top 5, I'll take any. Of the top 10, any of 8-9 would please me.

Back
Top Bottom