We regret not having Boldin. None of our WRs besides CC got a TD | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We regret not having Boldin. None of our WRs besides CC got a TD

Originally posted by FFiB

thats because there were issues regarding his health and attitude.

Its funny how everybody becomes a draft expert 6 months after the fact.

Not everyone. A whole bunch of people were screaming for Boldin at draft time, including me. Not 6mos later.
However hind-sight IS 20/20.

BB

Originally posted by lotion
I've seen it posted that Spielman and Wanny argued whether or not to take Boldin or the lame LB, and Wanny won out.
He definitely isn't qualified to make personnel decisions.

I heard that Jim Bates also really liked Moore. Eventually, he and Wanny won out and got their pick. :(

I definitely like the idea of a GM. I don't know if Spielman would stay if Wanny left, so it might have to be Randy Mueller.
Either way there's gonna be some major changes.

There is no way that we would hire the guy who traded Ricky Williams. Mueller also let guys like La'Roi Glover and Joe Johnson leave when they were getting tons of sacks. I don't think he is a good GM at all. The guy signed Dale Carter to a huge contract as well.

If Spielman truly wanted Boldin then he is the one to hire.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

There is no way that we would hire the guy who traded Ricky Williams. Mueller also let guys like La'Roi Glover and Joe Johnson leave when they were getting tons of sacks. I don't think he is a good GM at all. The guy signed Dale Carter to a huge contract as well.

Uh, Ice I gotta say every one of those decisions turned out for the best, save Carter and his deal.

Glover is not that good anymore and certainly wasn't worth what they were paying him. They also were changing schemes to a big DT tandem to clog the lanes and allow his LB's to run free. Just as Glover wouldn't fit here, he didn't fit there.

Johnson has been one of the all-time FA busts.

Deuce is perhaps the best all-around RB in the game ( although I think it's LT) and they got two first round picks for him when noone else was offering even close to that. Not drafting Deuce or Portis will haunt this team for a while.

Can't see where you think those are bad decisions.

I would like to see Spielman promoted, if Wanny stays than it might be a strange working situation. I only mentioned Meuller because I've seen his name kicked around.
If Wanny goes, the GM's first duty will be to hire a new coach.
As far as Moore is concerned, I consider him lame until he starts making plays in the regular season.

I would like to see Spielman promoted, if Wanny stays than it might be a strange working situation. I only mentioned Meuller because I've seen his name kicked around.
If Wanny goes, the GM's first duty will be to hire a new coach.
As far as Moore is concerned, I consider him lame until he starts making plays in the regular season.
exactly you cant judge a player until they play.so you have no beef saying he is lame he has not played a down in the pros but yet you are judgeing him the pick was lame not the player.

This Wanny\Spielman "argument", where's the link to this so called report with quotes and first hand witness's stating this argument really happened between the two of them?

Otherwards lets just write it off as a rumor.

Who cares what Boldin's doing in Arizona. With our QB he would not have put up the same numbers. So people can say all they want, but the fact remains we have a great wr in Chambers and I would possibly say that in Arizona, Chambers would probably put up the same numbers. Anybody can have a great year when your the only one that gets the ball. That is not to say that he isn't a good wr but there is too much hype on this and IMO this thread is useless.

Originally posted by FFiB

thats because there were issues regarding his health and attitude.

Its funny how everybody becomes a draft expert 6 months after the fact.

True hindsight is 20-20. However they said the same thing about Ricky. Quetionable attitude and ability to stay healthy. Next game it will be 48 straight games.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Uh, Ice I gotta say every one of those decisions turned out for the best, save Carter and his deal.

Glover is not that good anymore and certainly wasn't worth what they were paying him. They also were changing schemes to a big DT tandem to clog the lanes and allow his LB's to run free. Just as Glover wouldn't fit here, he didn't fit there.

Johnson has been one of the all-time FA busts.

Deuce is perhaps the best all-around RB in the game ( although I think it's LT) and they got two first round picks for him when noone else was offering even close to that. Not drafting Deuce or Portis will haunt this team for a while.

Can't see where you think those are bad decisions.

Joe Johnson was a very good player when he became a FA. If he wasn't injured all the time, he would still be fine.

Also, Deuce was picked before we had a pick, so we never passed on him. As for Portis, we had Ricky.

Because Wanny is an idiot. We all questioned drafting Moore and we still do.

Back
Top Bottom