We should certainly look into this in the offseason to fix our LT spot. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should certainly look into this in the offseason to fix our LT spot.

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
The agent for Walter Jones says he is confident they will use the tag on another player this offseason if they can't work a deal out with him prior to FA. (Darrell Jackson?)

That means that Walter Jones will be a FA. Even if they do use the tag on him again then we can still trade for him.

Why not trade our first to them for him? He's be the best LT we'eve ever had. (including the perpetually overrated Richmond Webb)

Trade O-Gun away for a first and we can use that first on either a LG or a WR depending on who's available.

We can use the money we would have spent on Wade and O-Gun to sign Jones to a long term deal. We'd have to make that a stipulation in the deal for Jones. A long-term contract prior to the deal.

Move Wade Smith to RT or LG depending on who we pick with our first and we're in good shape with the line suddenly. Re-sign Nails to compete at RG with Whitley and Yates.

We'll save $$ with Dixon, Perry, Ruddy all getting cut. McKnight and Thompson will be gone as well. Marion can be cut and promote Yeremiah Bell to backup FS and re-sign Freeman to start there where he's more suited to play anyway.

Jones,Draftee or Smith,McKinney,Nails Yates or Whitley,Smith or Draftee

That's a much better looking line and wouldn't be out of the salary structure we'd be in by re-signing O-Gun and Wade anyway.

My thoughts are do that in a heartbeat if the Hawks will deal him.

O-gun has 9 sacks and everyone is willing to get rid of him like that. he knows he's not going to get JT money, but is using that as a start. we'll get a price in the middle.

Next season

Smith (if he puts on weight) Nails (once he loses his injury weight he'll be great) Mckinney (needs to work on line calls) X

the other positions we draft. IMO get a WR 1st round (Jenkins, Williams, etc..) then get some lineman Via FA.

after the sack on manning last week when he went through his guy litterally and layed his hand on peyton like a lion pounces his prey, i say keep him and pay him! he will be worth it. i say redo madisons and and others contracts and get rid of Ruddy, Dixon, perry, and i would say put the tag on Wade since we will need him now but not the franchise tag, the other one. transition tag.

DRaft Olinemen bigtime! i dont want to here about any damn WR's or RB's or this or that. just get some damn linemen! or else we will always have the same damn problem every year!

And do I care what you want to hear? I will post whatever I want about WRs.

Why do we say WR? Because we don't want three years later guys like you that know nothing about the draft saying that we should have drafted a WR. Ever heard of free agency?

Wade will be the LT of the future and he just need to spend sometime in the weight room in the offseason.
Next year draft is loaded with WR talent.The best value in the first round will be WR and honestly we need another.

Originally posted by finfan54
after the sack on manning last week when he went through his guy litterally and layed his hand on peyton like a lion pounces his prey, i say keep him and pay him! he will be worth it. i say redo madisons and and others contracts and get rid of Ruddy, Dixon, perry, and i would say put the tag on Wade since we will need him now but not the franchise tag, the other one. transition tag.

Tag Wade??

Not in my book, let him leave! The money he thinks he can make we could pay to someone that actually deserves it. Wade has never lived up to the way he played his rookie year, only taken steps backwards for some reason. The year before FA is usually a players best year... what a coincidence!

If Wade could'nt play to a top level in his pre FA year he never will. Let him leave!

Only Mckinney and Wade Smith will remain from starters this year IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the money he is asking we could sing a real RT like John Tait.

Todd Wade needs to realize he is not even one top five RT in the leagues and doesn't deserve LT type money.Todd Wade is expandable and won't be that hard to replace.

Webb overrated?? Granted, he wasn't a great run blocker. But how many times did he shut out Bruce Smith in those battles?? Took Smith about 10 games to get a sack on Webb if IIRC. The man was Dan's caddy. :)

I think Nails will be healed up and back to compete for a job. Wade Smith will definitely be in the mix. I say leave him at LT and bolster the interior (namely LG). RT is anybody's guess. But I think Todd Wade walks.

As for Wally, KEEP HIM. He is a star in the making and David Bowens just can't stay healthy. Burnett is in the twilight and J Williams is 32. Sign Wally before the season ends.

Originally posted by finfan54
i would say put the tag on Wade since we will need him now but not the franchise tag, the other one. transition tag.

Wow....Transition tag...that's top 10 OT money....you'd be paying him LT money. Is he worth that?

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Wow....Transition tag...that's top 10 OT money....you'd be paying him LT money. Is he worth that?

Heck no. Our line does need big upgrades though. I figure we will be looking at 2 FA signings for the line and probably 2 of our draft picks minimum.

Since we have only 2 guys definitely returning next year in Smith and McKinney, I think we w/b lucky to get 1 quality OG to replaces Nails/Perry with our cap structure

I will probably get some resistance on this one, but I think we need to redo Madison's contract. We pay him too much and he just has not made that many big plays the last two years. If he does not want to restructure, why not trade him and pick up a rookie to play nickel behind tbuck and surtain. Then we should have the $ for Ogun!?

I think Sam and Pat will restructure anyway to help the team. But Sam is playing lights out this year.

Back
Top Bottom